PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have basically clinched the bye week already (Seed 2 minimum)

No matter how many times you say 'wrong', the reality is that

0519ff3acf44d15702576e49634a5f85d35ff4-wm.jpg

Gronk could probably use the 14 games off. Brady is not going to like sitting all that time, although Jimmy G. can finally show his value. It's time for the old "rest vs. rust" argument, although I've never done it in September before.

Oh, BTW, don't tell the Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders, or Broncos. We don't want them to rest their guys (or do we? I'm so confused right now.).

Gronk could probably use the 14 games off. Brady is not going to like sitting all that time, although Jimmy G. can finally show his value. It's time for the old "rest vs. rust" argument, although I've never done it in September before.

Oh, BTW, don't tell the Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders, or Broncos. We don't want them to rest their guys (or do we? I'm so confused right now.).
Don't worry.. the formula in OP just sorts it out.

I think its time for you to take the device you type on amd destroy it with a baseball bat. Better yet, use your "math" to destroy it. BLOCKED

I think its time for you to take the device you type on amd destroy it with a baseball bat. Better yet, use your "math" to destroy it. BLOCKED
LOL. Maybe you should finally join the team and take over for Brady instead of Garapollo.

???

How does your math and logic explain the NFC South constantly having a new division winner every season?

How does your math and logic explain the Patriots defeating the Rams in SB36?

How does your math and logic explain any game when an underdog defeats the favorite?

How does your math and logic explain the Philadelphia Eagles 'Dream Team' going 8-8.

How does your math and logic explain week one, or the Patriots losing to the Eagles in 2015, the Dolphins, Chiefs and Bills in '14, the Bengals, Jets and Dolphins in '13, the Cardinals and Niners in '12, the Bills(!) and Giants (twice) in '11, the Jets (twice) and Browns - the Browns - by 20 points! - in 2010?

How does your math and logic explain Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson? Appalachian State beating Michigan State? USA defeating the Soviet Union in ice hockey at the Olympics? Super Bowl III? Villanova over Georgetown, or NC State over Houston in college hoops? The Miracle Mets? The Impossible Dream?

We're only two games in to the season. For more historical perspective on how asinine this proclamation is, research how seasons finished for the '93 Saints, '93 Dolphins, '95 Raiders, '96 Redskins, '00 Jets, '02 Chargers, '02 Saints, '06 Broncos, '08 Jets and '08 Bucs.

I'll save you some time. Much deeper into the season than we are now, every one of those teams were considered to be a 'lock' to make the playoffs. The '93 saints, for example, were coming off a 12-win season and started 5-0. The '95 Raiders were 8-2. The '96 Skins were 7-1, and the '03 Vikings were 6-0.

And every single one of those teams missed the playoffs.

Yet a 1-1 team is a mathematical lock to not only make the playoffs, but to finish no worse than a #2 seed?

That Conan gif would be far more appropriate in response to the original post.

???

How does your math and logic explain the NFC South constantly having a new division winner every season?

How does your math and logic explain the Patriots defeating the Rams in SB36?

How does your math and logic explain any game when an underdog defeats the favorite?

How does your math and logic explain the Philadelphia Eagles 'Dream Team' going 8-8.

How does your math and logic explain week one, or the Patriots losing to the Eagles in 2015, the Dolphins, Chiefs and Bills in '14, the Bengals, Jets and Dolphins in '13, the Cardinals and Niners in '12, the Bills(!) and Giants (twice) in '11, the Jets (twice) and Browns - the Browns - by 20 points! - in 2010?

How does your math and logic explain Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson? Appalachian State beating Michigan State? USA defeating the Soviet Union in ice hockey at the Olympics? Super Bowl III? Villanova over Georgetown, or NC State over Houston in college hoops? The Miracle Mets? The Impossible Dream?

We're only two games in to the season. For more historical perspective on how asinine this proclamation is, research how seasons finished for the '93 Saints, '93 Dolphins, '95 Raiders, '96 Redskins, '00 Jets, '02 Chargers, '02 Saints, '06 Broncos, '08 Jets and '08 Bucs.

I'll save you some time. Much deeper into the season than we are now, every one of those teams were considered to be a 'lock' to make the playoffs. The '93 saints, for example, were coming off a 12-win season and started 5-0. The '95 Raiders were 8-2. The '96 Skins were 7-1, and the '03 Vikings were 6-0.

And every single one of those teams missed the playoffs.

Yet a 1-1 team is a mathematical lock to not only make the playoffs, but to finish no worse than a #2 seed?

That Conan gif would be far more appropriate in response to the original post.
giphy.gif

I was initially giving this thread the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I have to assume this is nothing more than a troll thread, or perhaps the result of being under the influence.

With that in mind, this thread is off to the Practice Squad for any that care to continue in the conversation.

I was initially giving this thread the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I have to assume this is nothing more than a troll thread, or perhaps the result of being under the influence.

With that in mind, this thread is off to the Practice Squad for any that care to continue in the conversation.
This thread was totally and completely awesome!

Why is in the practice squad though? (Sincere question) What is the next step? If can really get this thing going in here, can it get back out on the field of play? Just want to be sure I'm clear.

Well I wouldn't use the term cliched I must agree there is a extremely high likelihood of the 2nd seed at least.

The fact the AFCS is a train wreck means there are 2 seeds for 3 other divisions giving each winner a 66% chance to get a seed.

This means assuming the Pats win the AFCE they have a 66% chance to get a bye from that alone. Of course everyone here expects the Pats to get the first seed but you need to win the games.

I would argue though as long as the Pats beat Pitt I would guess 11-5 would be enough to get seed #2 at the least.

Of course if the Pats are the team we hope they are we should be a team that aims for nothing less than the #1 seed. Best to not count eggs before hatched though. I think this could have been worded a bit better.

Last edited:
The tags on this thread are pure gold.

Why is in the practice squad though? (Sincere question) What is the next step? If can really get this thing going in here, can it get back out on the field of play? Just want to be sure I'm clear.

I honestly don't know why.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back