PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have basically clinched the bye week already (Seed 2 minimum)

Sometimes I use math and logic on the toilet. Logic, that rumbling in my stomach probably means what is did last time. Math, do i have enough toilet paper on the roll?

giphy.gif

Something about the way he opens and puckers his lips must be perversely attractive

Didn't know “AFCS sucks“ is a math term . hmm, maybe there's more to math than i thought..
yes, it is called numbers. they suck, have less wins (counting.. ) numbers, math. The whole things is really reduced to math.

Going into the playoffs with only 2 games, how we never thought about that? We can limit the injuries big time with this approach. Oh Gronk couldn't make it 2 games without an injury so he goes banged up but still better than IR.
Actually it works at 0 and 0, week 1.

Sometimes I use math and logic on the toilet. Logic, that rumbling in my stomach probably means what is did last time. Math, do i have enough toilet paper on the roll?

Hope you've never been in a 28-3 type of situation.

28 wipes
3 sheets of TP

As George Takei says, "Oh myyyyy."

Getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we? No jinx, no jinx, no jinx.

Hi, I'm a professional programmer/statistician here to tell you that your post has absolutely no basis in math or logic.

Hi, I'm a professional programmer/statistician here to tell you that your post has absolutely no basis in math or logic.
script kiddie at best right here.

(For those disagreeing, look into the subjects of both MATH and LOGIC)

We have basically clinched the bye week already (Seed 2 minimum, SEVEN years going on EIGHT in a row.. 2010-2016 and counting)

We will finish above Miami, clinching seed 4
AFCS sucks they will finish below us, we clinch seed 3

AFCW and AFCN both have major attrition internally with all our competition for the two bye week spots.

It is at least 50/50 (probably higher) that either AFCW or AFCN winner will fall below us, just by the odds, and the fact that they have tougher division games.

So we have seed 2 already.

Seed 1 very likely.

it is really not "hubris". It is more just commentary on how the AFC itself right now really favors the Pats, based on how the good teams are bunched together in those 2 divisions. If it were reversed and the Bills and Jets were as good as the AFCW teams, it would obviously be the reverse. This thread would be true even before week 1 started.

I've watched every play so far, your point is irrelevant.

It was true before game 1. It is just math.

It's called MATH and LOGIC. Check those out when you get a chance.

they got the 2 seed in 2015. that 2 seed was essentially guaranteed minimum seed before that season even started. thank you for proving my point though.

It's just math and logic. The actual football piece is of little consequence in the current state of the AFC... What has been our minimum seed 2010-2016 (seven straight seasons) hmmmmm

It is just a math problem actually. Of course they are great, that is part of the Math problem. (Wins) and the Logic comes in because of the division placement of the only real competition. SEVEN years in a row now going on 8. The math proves out.

its math AND logic.. just want to be clear

I agree. I did say "basically" implying a "hint" of sarcasm. I respect your mathematical background greatly, sincerely, as I love math.

it is actually because of two divisions are STRONGER not weaker. One division is weaker, or at least likely to producer a division winner with weaker record. We only are in competition with TWO teams to get 1 of the top two seeds. (AFCW winner and AFCN winner)

I outline the requirements in the OP. I am being sarcastic regarding math and logic, however it is a conceptually accurate way to look it. The are TWO main reasons the Pats have had the first round bye 6 years in a row. The main reason is a combination of how good we are and how our primary competition for those top 2 seeds are in other divisions, we never have an internal competitor.

And two, the SOUTH always sucks bad enough that the other team to get a bye has always been from either the West or the North, for the past 6 seasons straight. Statistics and probabilities of all those facts combined, make the 2 seed a near lock every year.

All of this is true for the 2018 season and foreseeable future as well.

yes, it is called numbers. they suck, have less wins (counting.. ) numbers, math. The whole things is really reduced to math.

giphy.gif

We've clinched no worse than 1-15.

This thread is silly. What happened in the past makes us feel hopeful about the near future, but doesn't guarantee us squat. What if Brady breaks a leg? What if Gronk, Hightower, McCourty, Gilmore, and Butler get season-enders?

Nothing is promised

We've clinched no worse than 1-15.

This thread is silly. What happened in the past makes us feel hopeful about the near future, but doesn't guarantee us squat. What if Brady breaks a leg? What if Gronk, Hightower, McCourty, Gilmore, and Butler get season-enders?

Nothing is promised
the formula is outlined in the OP. thank you

it is really not "hubris". It is more just commentary on how the AFC itself right now really favors the Pats, based on how the good teams are bunched together in those 2 divisions. If it were reversed and the Bills and Jets were as good as the AFCW teams, it would obviously be the reverse. This thread would be true even before week 1 started.
Figures a "Moss" fan!! YeGads. Where do these people come from?

the formula is outlined in the OP. thank you

Yes, and it is wrong.

I think, and hope, we will finish above Miami. No guarantee. Yes, the Bills and Jets seem abysmal.

I think, and hope, the entire AFCS is no threat. No guarantee. Yes, Indy seems abysmal.

I think, and hope, the entire AFCW is so tough that they deal each other 4+ losses, even for the division champion. No guarantee, though.

I don't see the AFCN as that tough, with the Bengals & Browns sucking so competely. The Steelers and Ravens might both be 12+ win teams. Unlikely for the Ravens, especially, but no guarantee.

You have a very strange concept of what consitutes a mathematical proof.

Yes, and it is wrong.

I think, and hope, we will finish above Miami. No guarantee. Yes, the Bills and Jets seem abysmal.

I think, and hope, the entire AFCS is no threat. No guarantee. Yes, Indy seems abysmal.

I think, and hope, the entire AFCW is so tough that they deal each other 4+ losses, even for the division champion. No guarantee, though.

I don't see the AFCN as that tough, with the Bengals & Browns sucking so competely. The Steelers and Ravens might both be 12+ win teams. Unlikely for the Ravens, especially, but no guarantee.

You have a very strange concept of what consitutes a mathematical proof.
Check your numbers.. it is the numbers..

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back