PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will be a dogfight, but should be a victory.

Maybe with Mariota not with Tannehill. Pats have too many misfits on O. I don't see how we put up 27 that is needed to win. :confused:

Sunday early game looks most likely.

Because Bills/Texans is 100% getting the early Saturday ESPN game and we’re probably the second least sexy matchup on paper.
Don't they swap conferences usually? Like if AFC starts first Saturday don't they start second Sunday?

I’d like to forget that defense.
Today’s D gave up 17 second half points to a 5-11 team. At home. They showed to he no better against good to average QBs.

Today’s D gave up 17 second half points to a 5-11 team. At home. They showed to he no better against good to average QBs.
Meh. The 2007 pats put up 14 against a 10-6 wildcard team in the super bowl. **** happens. Not worried about the defense. More worried about the offense

Don't they swap conferences usually? Like if AFC starts first Saturday don't they start second Sunday?
Not sure about that.

I know they do one from each conference on each day, but don’t think the times have much to do with it.

I disagree. Taking things for granted here is more like it. People are spoiled and dont appreciate.

I don't disagree that we are all spoiled brats. But it's common in life. Not just sports. Continued excellence = heightened expectations.

Meh. The 2007 pats put up 14 against a 10-6 wildcard team in the super bowl. **** happens. Not worried about the defense. More worried about the offense
The offense scored 24 with a crappy lineup.
Zero turnovers the last two games for the D. 3 losses in December, two at home.

Definitely nervous about our run defense

I still don't understand why we run Michel out of a single back set

Kay. Defense has earned the benefit of the doubt. Offense hasn't. Maybe try not throwing a pick six or a garbage endzone interception once a game and we may be on a bye right now

TOs were a big part of our success - and can come and go. Not a dependable thing to rely on

Kay. Defense has earned the benefit of the doubt. Offense hasn't. Maybe try not throwing a pick six or a garbage endzone interception once a game and we may be on a bye right now

the D has been soft against good teams. Look, it you had told me that pats would score 24 today I would have bet the house they would have won.

the D fed is bad teams to start 8-0. Then when 4-4.

What are the rules regarding game day lineups? Could the Pats sign AB 5 minutes before kickoff, leaving that bumbling idiot no time to throw him on the exempt list?

What are the rules regarding game day lineups? Could the Pats sign AB 5 minutes before kickoff, leaving that bumbling idiot no time to throw him on the exempt list?
No

My biggest concern is this is one of, if not the only, Pats team over the last 20 years that has gotten WORSE as the year went on. Usually they start flat and pick up momentum as the year goes on. This years it’s been reversed.

20% of the posters on this board revel in the Pats struggles. Being able to repeat how bad Brady is or how BB is incompetent brings them joy. They want to show us "homers" how right they've been and finally open our eyes to their truth. Most are the same ones who buried the team last year and who turned the TV off down 28-3 to the Falcons. They have been right about 23% of the time during the Brady era and today is a day for them to gloat. Congrats to all of you for the Pats proving you right today.

And while you may think us homers are deluded, all of us know that substantial post season success is a long shot this year. Will not stop us from rooting hard for the team and thinking there is a chance until the final second ticks off the clock. I have been optimistic about this team winning about 99% of the time in the past 20 years and have fortunately been proven right more times than not.

This team has issues, Brady may be down to his last game in a Pats uniform next week. Some want to make sure they do not miss their chance to bash the greatest player in league history on his way out the door.

I'm all for rooting hard.

I'm also all for pointing out a lot of this crap was very avoidable. We had bad planning on our TE and WR positions this year. You can't say that waiting around for Gronk's answer till after no FA TE was available was a good idea. You can't say skipping any TE in draft was a good idea. You can't say signing AB and handicapping the cap space and then releasing him was a good idea. Either signing AB was wrong or releasing him was wrong, can't have both be good decisions. You can't say rolling with Gordon after last year's breakdown was a good idea as it stunted the development of rookies and also led us to release Demaryius or from signing other FAs.

Bottom line: Pats have mismanaged the WR/TE roster this year. And it's incredibly frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
I am worried about our pass D our DPOY got schooled Today.
It happens.. he's not perfect.. granted I don't want to see it happen next week but I'm not worried about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back