PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEN TE Jonnu Smith and WR Brown are ranked #1-2 in elusive rating AND yards after contact per attempt at their respective positions. Superb tackling will be KEY on Sat night. Gonna be a tough one.

“Titans tight end Jonnu Smith and Brown rank first and second in the NFL, respectively, in Pro Football Focus’s elusive rating this season, which measures the frequency with which a player forces missed tackles. Smith has forced 19 on 39 touches. Brown has forced 17 on 55 touches. They also rank 1-2 in yards after contact per attempt among players with at least 25 touches (21.0 and 17.3, respectively).”

Read more at: This Simple Defensive Skill Will Be Vital For Patriots Vs. Titans In Playoffs
Titans seem to be highly ranked in eveyrthing , how does this team lose ? What is their weakness?

Titans seem to be highly ranked in eveyrthing , how does this team lose ? What is their weakness?

Pass protection and pass defense. However, they haven't lost much since Tannehill has taken over as their starting QB.

The pass defense numbers don't look great, but they are opportunistic, and the tight man coverage that they play will pay off this time of year when QBs become less accurate due to the cold, and the refs allow more holding and physical play.

So that really only leaves pass protection as their major weakness.

This Titans team is better than the Ravens, Chiefs, 49ers, etc. Saturday is the de facto Super Bowl.

I mean he was 1st rounder a top 10 pick but even then if you are not put into the right system/situation most will be a bust, not saying he's a great but who knows how many potential greats got ruined by not being put in the right system/situation. Baker is the latest example imo dude could of been f*cking nice especially had he come to NE but he's just the latest example.

Ryan Tannehill is playing currently the best quarterback in the AFC not named Mahomes, Jackson or Watson. The Patriots defense failed against all three of them and they face a signal caller who's put as good or better #s than Mahomes and Watson in several instances. Let's not forget, Tannehill had a perfect QB rating last season vs the Patriots eventual super bowl winning defense...
Im not feeling a 17 point effort from the Boogeymen...
Rain in forecast for Sat night...last rain game the Patriots mustered a meager 13 points vs an inferior team to Tennessee

Vrabes was an ass after the loss last year.

Was he? I don’t remember him saying a lot but I thought the Philly Special play was rubbing it in a bit

Tannenhill has been sacked 31 times. That might not seem like a lot but that's on 300 dropbacks.

For a comparison Brady this year on 640 dropbacks was sacked only 27 times.

They lost to the Texans at home 2 weeks ago

Regular season outcomes don't mean anything. For example, KC's fake win during the regular season won't prevent them from being bent over and turned into our b!tches in the playoffs again, nor will the Ravens regular season win over NE matter when the Pats go into Baltimore and make Lamar Jackson look like Tim Tebow.

When the Patriots beat the Titans, they will have beaten their best possible opponent. From there, they cruise to Lombardi trophy #7.

Last edited:
From there, they cruise to Lombardi trophy #7.

I'm sorry, you're new around here. You see, when the Patriots win titles, it's hard work, blood, sweat, and tears. They've never cruised to anything. They earn it the hard way.

I'm sorry, you're new around here. You see, when the Patriots win titles, it's hard work, blood, sweat, and tears. They've never cruised to anything. They earn it the hard way.

he’s not new that’s Fourier series

he’s not new that’s Fourier series

I don't remember Fourier Series lol. I think he's questfor7homie (every time I accuse him of this he doesn't respond). My thinking is someone with the name Fourier Series (a mathematical expression) would seem a lot smarter. Stairwayto7 doesn't even know how many Lombardi trophies we have as shown by his signature pic...

Ryan Tannehill is playing currently the best quarterback in the AFC not named Mahomes, Jackson or Watson. The Patriots defense failed against all three of them and they face a signal caller who's put as good or better #s than Mahomes and Watson in several instances. Let's not forget, Tannehill had a perfect QB rating last season vs the Patriots eventual super bowl winning defense...
Rain in forecast for Sat night...last rain game the Patriots mustered a meager 13 points vs an inferior team to Tennessee
So you are picking the pats to lose ?? Shocked !

Regular season outcomes don't mean anything. For example, KC's fake win during the regular season won't prevent them from being bent over and turned into our b!tches in the playoffs again, nor will the Ravens regular season win over NE matter when the Pats go into Baltimore and make Lamar Jackson look like Tim Tebow.

When the Patriots beat the Titans, they will have beaten their best possible opponent. From there, they cruise to Lombardi trophy #7.
I hope you are right but you picked the pats a beatdown of KC as well and we lost. So i dont know how much faith to put in your predictions.

Forecast is changing, might be colder with possible snow, although the precipitation looks to hold off until after the game. Don't think the weather will be a factor.

I hope you are right but you picked the pats a beatdown of KC as well and we lost. So i dont know how much faith to put in your predictions.

1. That was a regular season game and it doesn't matter.

2. The Patriots outplayed and outscored KC in that game, so I was right. The Patriots are the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes