PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Billdos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking which "questionable" players actually suit up is a fools errand, but personally because its a long season, I'd rather Edelman and Lacosse don't play. Lacosse's high ankle injury isn't going to get better unless it is rested. If he plays, image he'll be OK, but if he keeps playing on it, it will never truly heal. He limped through week 2, and was out week 3. He is still limping now. Rex's value is in his quickness and a foot injury doesn't help that skill. The only reason his injury isn't so critical is that we have a plethora of decent RB's to get by. So lets assume those 3 guys are out
Football players play football, but I’m fully on board with your idea of sitting Edelman and allowing him to heal for another week or two. It’s a week four game versus Buffalo, for goodness sake. They may not win, but there is a much bigger picture to worry about. In BB we trust. I’m sure he’ll do what’s best.

Edelman will play, Rex is a game-time decision.

If JC jackson steps up his game this secondary could be like the legion of boom

How exactly? What was the "legion of boom" known for? Was it coverage?

I would say no, it was for "big hits" which ended up hurting them in the Super Bowl versus the Pats as in a couple cases they went for the "knockout" instead of the tackle and the Pats got extra yardage out of it.

Don't get me wrong Sherman was a great coverage guy. Chancellor was a terrific run supporter. The "Legion of Boom" was aided by an extremely aggressive pass rush strategy as well.

So add some context - what's the measuring stick on how JC Jackson somehow doing something different making this 2019 Patriots secondary like a Seattle team that IMHO was as much hype as anything else.

I would say no, it was for "big hits" which ended up hurting them in the Super Bowl versus the Pats as in a couple cases they went for the "knockout" instead of the tackle and the Pats got extra yardage out of it.

Don't get me wrong Sherman was a great coverage guy. Chancellor was a terrific run supporter. The "Legion of Boom" was aided by an extremely aggressive pass rush strategy as well.

So add some context - what's the measuring stick on how JC Jackson somehow doing something different making this 2019 Patriots secondary like a Seattle team that IMHO was as much hype as anything else.

I'm more so talking about their 2013 defense. Their 2014 defense was not on the same level.

They were a very very good coverage unit. One of the best pass defenses in NFL history. That's what I'm referring to. DBs that have extremely tight coverage and take the ball away.

Their 2013 defense was not hype it was legit historically good.

LoB nickname was specific to the secondary. They were both sticky and physical in coverage.

The 2013 'Hawks D was one of the greatest in NFL history. Run D. Pass rush. LBs. DEs. DTs.

They did not have any weaknesses.

What exactly has been a pleasant surprise from him? That he hasn’t had Brady killed...yet?
Well yeah. First they sweep out the backup OL guys who have been in the system to trade for replacements, then sign a jag off the street who, after a few days of practice, learns the playbook for two positions, and who, despite not being in shape, displaces them and goes wire to wire. Sure he made some mistakes, but not a bad baseline given the circumstances. Gotta think he will improve with conditioning and coaching.

Interest fact that comes from the end of this game. The Pats score with about 1:40 left to take a point lead. Adam V come on to kick the extra point from the 10, and MISSES. The lead remains at 3. After a KO to the Pats 12, the ball is returned to the Pats 35. A few plays later its at about the 50.

Can you imagine if the "place kickers mafia" had existed THEN!!!!!!! AV would have nothing but a distant memory from that game and a HOF 25 year career would have been over before it started, and we'd be a few superbowls short of what we have now. :rolleyes:

Fortunately WMac picks Kelly and goes all the way and the Pats win, but what if...... ;)
That was his third missed extra point of the season and he missed a field goal in that game also.

Watching the NFL Network Gameday, they go to this sideline reporter in Indy and a bunch of pee wee league players are walking down the sidelines behind her.

Then there coach walks by.....

upload_2019-9-29_9-47-45.jpeg

BUSTED!!!!

Interest fact that comes from the end of this game. The Pats score with about 1:40 left to take a point lead. Adam V come on to kick the extra point from the 10, and MISSES. The lead remains at 3. After a KO to the Pats 12, the ball is returned to the Pats 35. A few plays later its at about the 50.

Can you imagine if the "place kickers mafia" had existed THEN!!!!!!! AV would have nothing but a distant memory from that game and a HOF 25 year career would have been over before it started, and we'd be a few superbowls short of what we have now. :rolleyes:

Fortunately WMac picks Kelly and goes all the way and the Pats win, but what if...... ;)

Bingo.

The Gostkowski complainers are mostly folks who don’t know better about a lot of things. It’s the human condition to make non-thought out, knee jerk reactions during games. The difference is that it carries over after the games for some.

It’s like the old fable “If you make your eyes cross, they could freeze for life”. Well some fans do that every game!

Devin Singletary won't play.

Sit Edelman today.

Win 13-3 as I called it earlier in the week.

Get outta Buffalo and heal this team up.

Watson comes back next week.

The legion of boom was a good and deep front 4, actually front 7 that allowed them to play a lot of zone, and get a good pass rush. The nickname was because they had big hitting dbs and the pass rush caused a lot of throws to players they could deliver big hits on.

If JC jackson steps up his game this secondary could be like the legion of boom
I see Denver's 2015 secondary as a more apt comparison, but can't go wrong with using Seattle 2013.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case