PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami: Official week 1 pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills with McCourty's help could be on Waddle. I think Dugger or Phillips on Gesicki
This would be a challenge. In recent matchups vs tyreek, most of what we’ve done has been cover 1 based. While you aren’t simply doubling hill, you still need the high safety to take away deep routes and crossers (like when we do the cover 1 cross scheme where the trailing man corner and the deep safety switch responsibilities).
I’d imagine we want to maintain a high safety and a robber, two high safeties, a zone lb or two underneath to help with shallow crossers and tua scrambles, or a 5 man rush.
I’m not sure you can assign safety help to a specific player (Gesicki) in this scheme. Jones has done a great job on Hill, but I don’t think we’re ready to leave him on a total island.

I doubt the Pats will be playing much man against those 3. Probably will play a zone with a lot of safety help and jamming Gesicki at the line. I also think Myles Bryant is the starting slot corner, but it makes more sense to play a safety on a guy like Gesicki so I'd say

Jones- Hill
Waddle- Mills
Gesicki- Dugger

With heavy safety help from Phillips and McCourty on all those match ups.
Jon.Jones doesn't need any help with Hill.
He has shut him down with no help last 2 times he played him.
But Mills needs help with Waddle due to the speed gap. Mills is a damn good all around cb just lacks elite speed. But he can make up for a lot of that with his skill set. But he still needs help vs Waddle

Jones has done a great job on Hill, but I don’t think we’re ready to leave him on a total island.
Huh? Jones has already been on an island vs Hill and locked him down. Matter of fact, he's probably covered him better than anybody in the league last 2 times they played. You're thinking of previous games before the last 2 when he did have safety help. He doesn't need any help.
I'll add the caveat though that I don't know if he's totally the same guy after the injury. He didn't play much preseason but looked good when he did.I guess we'll find out soon.

Lets just use until November as an extended pre-season and then Mac Jones can just take us to the Super Bowl as usual. Easy peasy.

No delusions here at all.
What is your definition of “extended preseason?”

Teams miles better than the Patriots with couldn’t-be-clearer Playoff implications: Bills, Bengals, Broncos, Chiefs.

Teams probably better than the Patriots with couldn’t-be-clearer Playoff implications: Ravens, Raiders, Steelers, Titans.

Teams potentially better than us: Dolphins, Chargers, Colts.

You people are talking about “extended offseasons” and your literally chilling with the Jets as AFC bottom feeders right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots finish last in the division. If Miami disappoints and Wilson doesn’t deliver and the Pats finish 2nd, you still won’t be anywhere close to a Wildcard.

Mega delusional. You won’t even sniff the playoffs this year.

Somehow, you got me confused with "you people." You, on the other hand, have been clearly identified:

horse.jpg

Teams miles better than the Patriots with couldn’t-be-clearer Playoff implications: Bills, Bengals, Broncos, Chiefs.

Teams probably better than the Patriots with couldn’t-be-clearer Playoff implications: Ravens, Raiders, Steelers, Titans.

Teams potentially better than us: Dolphins, Chargers, Colts.

You people are talking about “extended offseasons” and you’re literally chilling with the Jets as AFC bottom feeders right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots finish last in the division. If Miami disappoints and Wilson doesn’t deliver and the Pats finish 2nd, you still won’t be anywhere close to a Wildcard.

Mega delusional. You won’t even sniff the playoffs this year.

If this isn't trolling ... what is?

I don't even care that you think the Patriots suck and aren't any good. You're entitled to that opinion.

But showing up out-of-the-blue after a 4 month hiatus, confronting other posters in a hostile way, calling people delusional, referring to this forum as "you people". You're being a complete d*ck.

You rock up elbows swinging, spitting in drinks, looking for a fight. That's textbook trolling.

The guy(John Breech-CBS) who predicted that the Broncos will win it all this year has us winning in Miami...Im not sure how to feel about that.:notsaying:

If this isn't trolling ... what is?

I don't even care that you think the Patriots suck and aren't any good. You're entitled to that opinion.

But showing up out-of-the-blue after a 4 month hiatus, confronting other posters in a hostile way, calling people delusional, referring to this forum as "you people". You're being a complete d*ck.

You rock up elbows swinging, spitting in drinks, looking for a fight. That's textbook trolling.
Another troll for the ignore list.(Them not you, so we are clear)

Getting everyone ready for a Wednesday, can't believe football is only a few days away, can't wait!!! Also can't wait to see our first injury report which is due out later today:

Somehow, you got me confused with "you people." You, on the other hand, have been clearly identified:

View attachment 45066
What does he mean "you people?"

page what do you mean GIF

The guy(John Breech-CBS) who predicted that the Broncos will win it all this year has us winning in Miami...Im not sure how to feel about that.:notsaying:
The NE pass defense has me concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back