PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about 10 different Pats related threads at CowboysZone with over 200 posts and I would say 1 in 3 posts had something negative to say about Jason Garrett.

A lot of praise for BB and his coaching staff and no respect given to the Pats offense eventhough they know their D sucks.

Went over for a quick look and was surprised at how many of them actually loathe their owner and think Garrett is a clown.

The Cowboys might actually have more talent than the Patriots.

But the gulf at HC is so wide that I don't see how it will be overcome. Belichek is going to coach circles against these clowns on the other side.

Also this thread:

Todd Archer: Jerry on the Patriots game

Went over for a quick look and was surprised at how many of them actually loathe their owner and think Garrett is a clown.

Also this thread:

Todd Archer: Jerry on the Patriots game

Not much to disagree with. Maybe they have more talent -- given where they draft on average they should -- but the coaching between Garrett and especially Kellen Moore puts them at a big disadvantage.

I am sure they will try to pull some rabbits out of their hats to show off how clever they are. And odds are they will fail miserably doing so.

The first injury report of the week comes out today and I'd be very surprised if Dorsett and Sanu aren't on it. So that leaves the team with Jules, Meyers and Harry. Time to put on your helmet and watch out for incoming bits of sky, I'm guessing. ;)

The first injury report of the week comes out today and I'd be very surprised if Dorsett and Sanu aren't on it. So that leaves the team with Jules, Meyers and Harry. Time to put on your helmet and watch out for incoming bits of sky, I'm guessing. ;)

It's known Dorsett is in concussion protocol. As for Sanu not sure why he's mentioned he finished the game.

Last time I heard this much talk about a coaching "mismatch" was late January 2017/early February 2018...didn't work out the way everyone thought it would work out....

It's known Dorsett is in concussion protocol. As for Sanu not sure why he's mentioned he finished the game.
Sometimes a player will continue to play in a game after being injured but once Wednesday-Sunday roll around the team decides it wants to give the player an extra week to heal up.

I do agree that Sanu's injury didn't seem serious and he should be active on Sunday.

I'm going to use my super relevant experience as a recreational dek hockey player here. Once I roll my ankle fighting for a ball in the crease. Hobbled to the bench, took a shift off, it started to feel better (enough to go back out anyway), and I finished the game. Scored a goal too, which was not frequent for me, so I'd say I looked pretty good!

Woke up the next morning and it was so swollen I couldn't put on my shoe. Sanu might be fine, and he definitely has better medical treatment than I get, but finishing the game doesn't really mean anything by itself.

I'm going to use my super relevant experience as a recreational dek hockey player here. Once I roll my ankle fighting for a ball in the crease. Hobbled to the bench, took a shift off, it started to feel better (enough to go back out anyway), and I finished the game. Scored a goal too, which was not frequent for me, so I'd say I looked pretty good!

Woke up the next morning and it was so swollen I couldn't put on my shoe. Sanu might be fine, and he definitely has better medical treatment than I get, but finishing the game doesn't really mean anything by itself.

Indeed. Great explanation.

Mother Nature's fixed it so that when you get injured you have a way to find extra resources to get away from whatever injured you, but you pay for it later. That's Mother Nature's way. Hope Sanu is hopping around like a bunny, of course, but I'm not betting on it.

The keys to this game read like a list of football cliches:

1) Stop the run to set up 2nd/3rd and long.

2) Keep Dak in the pocket and force him to complete throws against this secondary.

3) Give Brady time in the pocket.

Do two out of three and we should win. Do all three and we should win handily.

That's an interesting way of looking at the game. I might add 4) Run the ball and keep it balanced. I'd then go with 3 of 4 for the easy win.

or to move out of any consideration

That is indeed the question.

This is a HUGE game for DAL. They have one more tough game, against PHI.

They have a much tougher remaining schedule than Philly though. The Eagles have all of the pancakes coming up while Dallas has already played them.

Dallas (Home Buf, LR, Was)(Away NE, Chi, Phi)
Philly (Home Sea, NG, Dal)(Away Mia, Was, NG)

Looking at those games it's possible for the Cowboys to lose 3 or 4 of their last 6. I only see Philly losing 1 or 2 of theirs. It's not likely but actually possible for Philly to lose to Dallas and still pass them for the NFCLeast title if they can beat Seattle.

This game keeps getting bigger with each passing day...it seems to be a referendum on:

- Jason "The Clapper" Garrett's career

- Tom "Old Man" Brady's remaining career

This game keeps getting bigger with each passing day...it seems to be a referendum on:

- Jason "The Clapper" Garrett's career

- Tom "Old Man" Brady's remaining career
They lost to the Jets.

Cannot see us losing to them.

They lost to the Jets.

The Pats won't get the help from the refs that the Jete got that day. Until the Detroit at GB game the next week that was the worst officiated game that I'd ever seen.

Last time I heard this much talk about a coaching "mismatch" was late January 2017/early February 2018...didn't work out the way everyone thought it would work out....

The year doesn't increment on February 1. Also, there's a difference between a coach who made it all the way to the Super Bowl in his second season and one who's been leading a team for nearly a decade without making it to the conference championship.

The Pats won't get the help from the refs that the Jete got that day. Until the Detroit at GB game the next week that was the worst officiated game that I'd ever seen.
Of course, heh, you're not including 12/18/76, right?

Right?

Baltimore lost to the Browns.

OOOOOOPS!
Browns are talented. Lamar Jackson is good too, and playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Fortunately, our QB has the biggest chip of all.;)

According to 506 this game is nationally televised lol they dont even have a map for 4... so nobody’s gotta worry about not getting the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3