PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wait, do we have any healthy wide receivers left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a rookie he was instrumental in winning a SB. Hard to consider that failing to reach a standard. This year he has run behind an OL that rarely gives him a chance.

Huh? They won the SB so that makes Sony comparable to other recent 1st Round RBs?

No sane person would not recognize they are playing behind different OLs in different circumstances.

No sane person would think that changes the overall equation in this instance.

I'm scratching my head about why Gordon was let go after all the damned emotion and time invested in that guy. Are were really better off without him? Was he a Kraft pity case? I just don't get it.

[And...I guess someone has to throw in the obligatory I don't care I can't stand it.]

No sane person would think that changes the overall equation in this instance.
No sane person would think an OL impacts the play of a RB?

No sane person would think an OL impacts the play of a RB?

No sane person would look at the Cleveland OL of the past 2 seasons and the Patriots OL of the past 2 seasons, and try claiming that there is an edge towards Chubb there that's the difference between Chubb and Michel.

No sane person would look at the Cleveland OL of the past 2 seasons and the Patriots OL of the past 2 seasons, and try claiming that there is an edge towards Chubb there that's the difference between Chubb and Michel.
I’ll drop the “No sane person” because it's just an effort to flame.
no one would look at this seasons OL and claim there isn’t a tremendous difference in run blocking.

2018 absolutely did not prove Chubb was a better run than Michel.

To me this rookie class of wide receivers looks like the best crop in years. And we drafted the only one who hasn’t brought any value as of yet, second off the board!

A lot of touchdowns amongst this rookie group of WRs.

I'm scratching my head about why Gordon was let go after all the damned emotion and time invested in that guy.

I guess you don't subscribe to Belichick's newsletter like the rest of us. He shares all the team's private information in that.

At this rate does anyone think the team will pick up Sony's 5th year option?

5th year option????? He's halfway through his 2nd year. Your post is funny.

That's really a question for this time in 2021, if he makes it that far.

Huh? They won the SB so that makes Sony comparable to other recent 1st Round RBs?

You have terrible reading comprehension.

The post clearly said "he was instrumental in winning a SB."

no one would look at this seasons OL and claim there isn’t a tremendous difference in run blocking.

Michel’s blocking’s has been bad, no doubt. But even when he has decent blocking he is no more than an average RB. He doesn’t break tackles, he doesn’t hit the hole hard. He doesn’t have breakaway speed. He has okay vision, I guess.

We could find a back like Sony Michel in the fifth round.

As a rookie he was instrumental in winning a SB. Hard to consider that failing to reach a standard. This year he has run behind an OL that rarely gives him a chance.
No he wasn’t. LeGarette Blount would have done the same thing as Michel did. Hell Stevan Ridley probably would have to, if he could hang on to the ball. We had great run blocking, it wasn’t some special performance.

Of course it did. He was the better runner, and he was the better runner despite being behind a much worse line and having a much lesser QB to take pressure off of him.

Of course it did. He was the better runner, and he was the better runner despite being behind a much worse line and having a much lesser QB to take pressure off of him.
Ok we disagree.

No he wasn’t. LeGarette Blount would have done the same thing as Michel did. Hell Stevan Ridley probably would have to, if he could hang on to the ball. We had great run blocking, it wasn’t some special performance.
I disagree but that is your opinion which is fine.

When healthy last year Michel had some fantastic performances not sure who people were watching. Sheesh what is it with this place.

I disagree but that is your opinion which is fine.
I disagree with your opinion too, that’s fine. I just wonder what you see in Sony Michel that is superior to any other reasonably talented back. Seems like a guy who has decent vision and can run well behind a good offensive line. But that doesn’t really warrant a first round pick.

I disagree with your opinion too, that’s fine. I just wonder what you see in Sony Michel that is superior to any other reasonably talented back. Seems like a guy who has decent vision and can run well behind a good offensive line. But that doesn’t really warrant a first round pick.
He runs hard, makes good decisions and gets the most out of what the blocking gives him. He is a good open field runner but is playing in a system that holds that back because the patriots have a “passing game rb” that gets the opportunities most likely to result in those plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back