PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel fired in TN!

Would be a chump move for Kraft to back out of the promise he supposedly made to Mayo for him to be heir apparent. Mayo did his job and did it well this season.
I doubt that the promise was made. Mayo could have been made DC, or Assistant Coach.

To be clear, I favor the elevation of Mayo to HC, with Steve becoming DC.

Since their overall record is within 2 games of eachother this is just you twisting facts for your agenda.
No, it's called perspective. The facts are the facts. The point is if the Pats wind up with Vrabel then then they hit the ground pretty even with a lot more future potentially. There may be arguments that someone else other than Vrabel would make sense too

Shouldn't the team be focused on hiring a new GM first?
Then he can work on hiring the HC of his choosing.
So, focus on a new GM before firing the current GM.

I suppose that GM could be fired as GM, while still HC for now.

I doubt that the promise was made. Mayo could have been made DC, or Assistant Coach.

To be clear, I favor the elevation of Mayo to HC, with Steve becoming DC.
You know what I mean. According to all reports we’ve heard Mayo was brought back and paid well to be the heir apparent, whether there was a specific verbal agreement or not.

???

Have you ever made decisions at a business?

Of course, it is useful to know your options before firing the incumbant.
I would’ve already had several plans in place before the season was over. I would’ve had an entire timeline of events laid out and began attacking that **** the moment the clock hit 0:00. Which, maybe they have done that and this is all part of the plan. Minds already made up and just waiting for some things to fall through. Idk what exactly.

Seems like the first part of the total rebuild are starting to come together.

I would’ve already had several plans in place before the season was over. I would’ve had an entire timeline of events laid out and began attacking that **** the moment the clock hit 0:00. Which, maybe they have done that and this is all part of the plan. Minds already made up and just waiting for some things to fall through. Idk what exactly.
I find the talk of the Titans not waiting to have a complicated trade worked out as the reason for this outright release.

Tells me they know the team isn’t ready to move onbik
Yet. So makes me think Krafty Bob is trying to trade Bill before he moves on Vrabs or next coach.

I find the talk of the Titans not waiting to have a complicated trade worked out as the reason for this outright release.

Tells me they know the team isn’t ready to move onbik
Yet. So makes me think Krafty Bob is trying to trade Bill before he moves on Vrabs or next coach.
How does a trade work within the scope of the Rooney rule? Does it bypass the Rooney rule? Also, what is the punishment for not following the Rooney rule?

That's a speculative reach. And if the plan is just to hire Vrabel and consider no one else, then sure, make the move now. Is that what we want though? To put about five minutes of consideration about who to replace Belichick with? That there's no one one other teams that they might want to even talk to?
Can't we just give Vrabel a low salary for year 1 while the Titans pay him
and we pay Belichick?

I like Vrable the man, coach and player just fine, but he just delivered essentially the same W/L record as Belichick did over the past two seasons. Had he been here during that time, half the board would be angrily shouting for him to be fired.

I’d also like to add that I absolutely hate the Rooney rule. Let’s say that Kraft does let BB go. Well now he has to go through a handful of sham interviews just to hire the guy everyone knows he’s gonna hire. There really is no point in Kraft announcing anything on BB until the season is over. Unless he wants to do him a favor (which he should) and let him get lined up for interviews. We’re talking at least 3 weeks possibly before knowing what the front office and hc situation is going to look like in New England.
But you can’t start the formal interviews until you have a vacancy, so firing Bill would be a prerequisite.

Vrabel and a modern GM would be pretty good. He’s a top 10 HC & has aggressive tendencies. The OC hire would be important obviously.
i always thought watching the titans that vrabel is a tough coach whose team plays discipline and very hard but he also seems very likeable. I like the idea of vrabel as the successor of BB with new blood at OC

The lack of news tells me they are firing Belchick.

But--they need to do it ASAP.

There is no reason not to do it immediately if you've decided that's what you want to do. This is insane.

Someone needs to bring Kraft to his senses.
who is doing this massage voluntary

Total shock from everyone down here, no one was expecting this. Must have been something that happened behind closed doors. Crazy
I listened to an interview with a reporter from the Tennessean today on NFL network. Sounds like the owner Amy Adam’s wants a more collaborative working environment within the organization, he mentioned collaborative several times, it was in the Titans press release, so it must be the new buzz word down there, the owner wants the ownership, front office, GM and coach to work in unison every day, Vrabel wanted more control. The owner said there were talks about trading him but they decided it was too complicated.

i always thought watching the titans that vrabel is a tough coach whose team plays discipline and very hard but he also seems very likeable. I like the idea of vrabel as the successor of BB with new blood at OC
After hiring Matt LaFleur as his first OC (a good move on paper that didn’t work out that one year), Vrabel promoted from within for his next three OCs. He doesn’t know what “new blood” is.

I don't understand the excitement for Vrabel.

Quite honestly if the Patriots get rid of Belichick, I would rather they completely broke from the Belichick coaching tree - and yes, I consider Vrabel a member of that tree even though technically he isn't. I am sick of names like McDaniel, Judge, O'Brien, Patricia, etc.

My how the turntables have turned...
Imagine Vrabel coming as HC, and Krafts ask BOB to stay as OC.
Or even JMD. I don't know if either would do that.
I also don't know if Vrabel would come as DC if Mayo bolts, and BB or BOB or JMD were the HC.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back