PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vitale, we hardly knew ye...

Username

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score

This could indicate that Dalton Keene will be transitioning to FB permanently. Or not.

LaCosse and Bolden are next, only Hightower will remain from the opt outs if he decides to not retire, and thats good so
Johnson won the FB job, he didn't opt out ..

This could indicate that Dalton Keene will be transitioning to FB permanently. Or not.

How many 2020 opt-outs are left with the team now? Hightower. I think Matt LaCosse is still on the team somehow. Is that it?

Earlier than I thought it would be, but I didn't see anything from Johnson last year that made me think upgrading FB was a big need, and Vitale never really moved the needle for me either way.

How many 2020 opt-outs are left with the team now? Hightower. I think Matt LaCosse is still on the team somehow. Is that it?

Bolden as well (for now). Could very easily be just Hightower when week 1 rolls around.

Looks like he wasn’t all that... Vitale... to the team? Huh? Yeah? What?

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Hightower may retire as well.

I would be surprised (not shocked, but surprised). But I was a little surprised when Bruschi retired as well, and that wasn't until the very end of camp that year, so until he's suiting up week 1, I won't rule it out.

Man. If you were an opt-out on this team that is the kiss of death.

I liked Vitale's athleticism as measured on stopwatches, but as we know, that often doesn't translate to the field of play.

Is it Keene vs. Johnson for one spot?

I think it just means there was no chance he could beat out the other FB on the roster (Johnson). Keene is probably going to be on our practice squad at best this year.

I liked Vitale's athleticism as measured on stopwatches, but as we know, that often doesn't translate to the field of play.

Is it Keene vs. Johnson for one spot?
The thing about Vitale is he was never much of a blocking FB, more of a receiver, which kind of defeats the purpose of a FB in this system. I would expect Keene to be a similar type of FB to Vitale if he did make the move, but I also just don't see much reason to believe he is making the move. We're fine at FB and we took Keene back when we were desperate at TE so I think the intention was for him to play there.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back