PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: RIP Joker

Jeff was a staunch BB supporter. He'd be sad, disappointed and mostly silent about what has transpired this season vs. gleefully calling for his head. He was looking forward to seeing what BOB brought to the table, I know that.
Bill's actually a really cool guy; I think he's just very uncomfortable being a celebrity. Yin and yang thing going on with Parcells.

As far as the players, it's a business, and like everything else Bill makes no pretenses about it.

This bothers a lot of players.

Others appreciate and in fact love it.

Remember his dad coached at a military college. No B.S.

I had an experience a while back that may interest Joker fans.

I was posting in another thread on the 18th and saw a post from Joker, even though I knew he had passed. That got me to jumping to conclusions (one of my favorite things) and I thought, okay, someone is using joker's account to play a joke on us, maybe at the request of Joker himself. Then I realized that the post was October 18, 2022 and the thread was a year old. It made me smile thinking about him.

I was wondering why @Joker (alias "Joe Kerr") hadn't posted in a while, especially in the "Jets Suck" thread after Aaron Rodgers went down. (Folks here will remember Joker was fond of calling him "Discount Double Dork.") After leaving phone messages followed by some Internet searching tonight it didn't take long to discover the sad news he has passed on. He was only 72.

I considered Jeff a friend, we attended several Patriots games together. We last spoke briefly by phone in early August; he was coughing and complained of symptoms from long-Covid. I had no idea how serious it was as he'd been in and out of treatment several years for respiratory issues. He once told me, "My doctor said, 'You're fat! You need to walk every day whether you want to or not!'" Whenever I checked in with him he assured me he was taking walks and doing well.

Naturally, "J.O." liked to eat and the times we tailgated he'd always volunteer, "I'll bring shrimp!" He frequented a gourmet deli near his Rhode Island home that stocked the biggest shrimp obtainable. What a guy he was -- tall, heavy set, usually laughing and/or ranting a purple streak about someone or something. His rants smacked of manic stand-up comedy and invariably had me in stitches.

Like me he had abidingly "old-school" perspectives on sports and of course, loved the Patriots. We saw eye-to-eye on most things, including enmity for the despicable Jete. He was convinced Roger Goodell is a criminal and even did research on it. A few years ago -- I think it was during the pandemic -- I took time off from posting during a down period with little energy or enthusiasm for mustering another "Jets Suck" annual thread kickoff. In an uncharacteristically kind and gentle way, Jeff phoned me a couple times to share how much the thread meant to him and a few other diehards. Without his persistent nudges it probably would have ended then and there.

Jeff was one of a kind, at least to me. He attended the original Woodstock festival, graduated from Boston University, played guitar, never married but loved the ladies and lived alone in a mobile home with his pet cat. He was widely traveled.

Whenever someone passes on, the usual sentiment is "RIP" -- rest in peace. I never have liked that. I prefer to think our souls are on a continuum, the next plane of existence brimming with love, exuberance, fellowship and adventure, free of physical pain or limitation. So have fun up there, J.O. Jeffy. And remember to save us some shrimp!

God bless. Damn.

One of my favorites. I was hoping to meet Joker and you sometime.

Sorry that I didn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
God bless. Damn.

One of my favorites. I was hoping to meet Joker and you sometime.

Sorry that I didn't.

Hey -- where the hell have you been? Seems like you've been AWOL a couple years or so.

Hey -- where the hell have you been? Seems like you've been AWOL a couple years or so.
Tune. I freaking hate that I missed meeting you and Joker. I have to meet you.

We had a lot of fun on these boards especially in your Jets threads.

I was going through a divorce and turned into a recluse. I'm sorry.

Check your PMs.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Brother, I didn't become a playboy but I've been dating an incredibly beautiful Italian lady for the last five years. Today is our anniversary. Haha

She can get fired up though.

She once told me, "go to the grocery store and get a gallon of milk and if they have eggs, get six"

So I came home with six gallons of milk.

Her, " why did you freaking buy six gallons of milk?"

Me, " they had eggs "

Brother, I didn't become a playboy but I've been dating an incredibly beautiful Italian lady for the last five years. Today is our anniversary. Haha

She can get fired up though.

She once told me, "go to the grocery store and get a gallon of milk and if they have eggs, get six"

So I came home with six gallons of milk.

Her, " why did you freaking buy six gallons of milk?"

Me, " they had eggs "
Damn, bro it's great to hear from you!
I had an Italian girlfriend once. On top of her Italian fire, she also grew up in Southie. As in South Boston- the old South Boston.
Get her pissed off at your own risk- but damn, fireworks in the sack.

I was wondering why @Joker (alias "Joe Kerr") hadn't posted in a while, especially in the "Jets Suck" thread after Aaron Rodgers went down. (Folks here will remember Joker was fond of calling him "Discount Double Dork.") After leaving phone messages followed by some Internet searching tonight it didn't take long to discover the sad news he has passed on. He was only 72.

I considered Jeff a friend, we attended several Patriots games together. We last spoke briefly by phone in early August; he was coughing and complained of symptoms from long-Covid. I had no idea how serious it was as he'd been in and out of treatment several years for respiratory issues. He once told me, "My doctor said, 'You're fat! You need to walk every day whether you want to or not!'" Whenever I checked in with him he assured me he was taking walks and doing well.

Naturally, "J.O." liked to eat and the times we tailgated he'd always volunteer, "I'll bring shrimp!" He frequented a gourmet deli near his Rhode Island home that stocked the biggest shrimp obtainable. What a guy he was -- tall, heavy set, usually laughing and/or ranting a purple streak about someone or something. His rants smacked of manic stand-up comedy and invariably had me in stitches.

Like me he had abidingly "old-school" perspectives on sports and of course, loved the Patriots. We saw eye-to-eye on most things, including enmity for the despicable Jete. He was convinced Roger Goodell is a criminal and even did research on it. A few years ago -- I think it was during the pandemic -- I took time off from posting during a down period with little energy or enthusiasm for mustering another "Jets Suck" annual thread kickoff. In an uncharacteristically kind and gentle way, Jeff phoned me a couple times to share how much the thread meant to him and a few other diehards. Without his persistent nudges it probably would have ended then and there.

Jeff was one of a kind, at least to me. He attended the original Woodstock festival, graduated from Boston University, played guitar, never married but loved the ladies and lived alone in a mobile home with his pet cat. He was widely traveled.

Whenever someone passes on, the usual sentiment is "RIP" -- rest in peace. I never have liked that. I prefer to think our souls are on a continuum, the next plane of existence brimming with love, exuberance, fellowship and adventure, free of physical pain or limitation. So have fun up there, J.O. Jeffy. And remember to save us some shrimp!

I haven’t been here for ages and am so sad to hear this.

Tune, you did him proud. Beautiful eulogy. He wasn’t one of a kind - - -he was one of his OWN, mold-breaking kind.

I haven’t been here for ages and am so sad to hear this.

Tune, you did him proud. Beautiful eulogy. He wasn’t one of a kind - - -he was one of his OWN, mold-breaking kind.

Thanks. It's really something how often I think of and miss the guy. His sudden passing was a wakeup call to be present in the here and now for oneself and others.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back