PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: RIP Joker

Ben Dreith did way more than call a phantom roughing the passer penalty. That game was fixed. Even though I was a teenager watching it, I still knew enough to know something wasn't right. The lack of a DPI call on Phil Villapiano's tackle of Russ Francis was even more egregious than the phantom RTP call. In fact, by the time that RTP call was made, most of us almost expected it.

Read all about it here: Why Do Raiders Fans Complain about the "Tuck Rule" Game but Forget 1976...? - The Grueling Truth

I will never give the Raiders fans any sympathy over the tuck rule game. None.
My six years older brother watched with me, getting up and pointing at the TV screen at the replays showing the blatant holding and non-RTP.

Dreith was a complete train wreck. The league and rest of the world honored and honors the guy as a hero.

He was the hero: To everyone except the Patriots and their fans, anyone with a brain and anyone who's interested in fair play.

Last edited:
There's no equivalence there
Al Davis was friendly with Red Auerbach, not surprising as Al was from Brockton.

I believe Red viewed Davis' crybaby jihad empathetically, as gamesmanship, getting every edge, advocating for your team, being a homer, all of which Red was.

And Red likewise had legitimate beefs with the NBA and opponents, which he literally fought against his whole career.

However, the Celtics never won a title that was brazenly stolen and awarded to them. I believe that Red, at least privately, would have regretted that as the Celts have been victims many times of terrible officiating.

The Kings-Lakers playoff is often referenced...there's been lots of crappy officiating in that sport.

Nothing as stunning and absurd as the F*cked Yule.

I'm sorry that Joker is not around for this week's game with Dallas, because after Goodell, Joker's next most despised NFL personality was Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Could always count on some humorous and hostile remarks aimed at Jerrah.

This didn't age well.

Ice Hockey GIF

Got it now... and I agree.

If I didn't know Joker had left us, I would've sworn I saw him at the game yesterday. It was before the 4th quarter with the Pats stinking out the joint down 24-0 and the camera crews decided to pan the audience. They panned over several parts of the crowd and got the usual enthusiastic response. Then they stopped on these three older guys sitting in a front row of a section and they were pissed. They didn't even look at the camera. The crowd started cheering for them to wave or react. When they realized they were up on the screen, the middle guy flipped everyone the bird.

Joker was there in spirit.

Not even Joker can help us from the beyond.
He’s probably sitting back from beyond, laughing at the posters who are still in February 2019 (mentally), and are still between the denial and anger stages of grief, losing it trying to defend BB.

He’s probably sitting back from beyond, laughing at the posters who are still in February 2019 (mentally), and are still between the denial and anger stages of grief, losing it trying to defend BB.

Jeff was a staunch BB supporter. He'd be sad, disappointed and mostly silent about what has transpired this season vs. gleefully calling for his head. He was looking forward to seeing what BOB brought to the table, I know that.

Jeff was a staunch BB supporter. He'd be sad, disappointed and mostly silent about what has transpired this season vs. gleefully calling for his head. He was looking forward to seeing what BOB brought to the table, I know that.
Bill will always be Bill, no matter what.

For the informed and intelligent among us, nothing can damage his legacy or his contribution to the sport.

It would be nice to see him go winning, but regardless I see him as a winner.

Joker, if you are up there watching, have a word with the big man and see if you can swing us a turnaround of fortunes, or the first overall pick.

Per audacia ad astra.

Andy Gresh had a good point yesterday. If the Patriots get the first pick or a very low pick, they will not take a fancy new QB or a sexy WR like Marvin Harrison, Jr. Nope, they will take an offensive lineman (or trade down) while all the Patriots draftniks tear their hair out and Joker throws down thunderbolts from on high.

[I don't want to get off track here, but Gresh thinks they take the big guy from Penn State (Fashanu), but that is too obvious; they will reach for a less obvious OL. Please no more guards...]

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back