PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today predicts Patriots go undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debatable on Cassel. In the Pats system he showed promise.

Palmer was cheap shotted by the Steelers in the playoffs. He was having a great season till then
Remember the Palmer shot. After that the league made a rule change regarding hitting a quarterback around the knees. This rule is now known around other teams fan bases as the Brady rule.:confused:

Dude, they were a runner-up. They rank behind all 5 Patriots SB Champs.
Period.
I boxed a little bit. What you're saying is comparable to me saying I went 20-1 in bouts, but the one loss was my best fight because I landed more blows and looked prettier than my other fights.
It's like saying the 2002 Seattle Mariners,who won like 115 games in regular season but got bounced from playoffs,are better than all the other World Series Champions in history!(no WS Champ has ever won 115 reg.season games).
You play to win!
>>Dude, they were a runner-up. They rank behind all 5 Patriots SB Champs.
Period.

Simply wrong

I'm not sure where to put this, doesn't deserve its own thread, so how about right here? :)

The eff bomb is dropped a few times so NSFW I guess.

Last edited:
>>Dude, they were a runner-up. They rank behind all 5 Patriots SB Champs.
Period.

Simply wrong

Only in your fantasy world.
The NFL determines a Champion by a playoff system.
In your world, a Champion is crowned by how many fantasy points you put up. Or how pretty you look.

I'm not sure where to put this, doesn't deserve its own thread, so how about right here? :)

The eff bomb is dropped a few times so NSFW I guess.

Watching this the guy sounds like a salty Patriots hater which would not surprise me since there are millions of those. Probably a Steelers fan or something.

Watching this the guy sounds like a salty Patriots hater which would not surprise me since there are millions of those. Probably a Steelers fan or something.

I thought it was pretty funny, especially the last part where he's like "oh you thought I was just going to glance over Super Bowl LI?" lol! :D

I also like when he talks about the 1977 Falcons D(best scoring D of all time) and is like "too bad the Falcons couldn't score on a hooker and they don't sniff the postseason" :D

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty funny, especially the last part where he's like "oh you thought I was just going to glance over Super Bowl LI?" lol! :D

I also like when he talks about the 1977 Falcons D(best scoring D of all time) and is like "too bad the Falcons couldn't score on a hooker and they don't sniff the postseason" :D

Those parts were funny, but he kept grunting and sighing when mentioning the Pats. Found it odd.

Well, if USA Today says it, it's got to be true...right?

The Pats are not going 19-0. nor are they going 16-0 regular season. There are two almost certain losses on the regular season schedule and the playoffs are always a crapshoot. USA Today employs a troll army of sports writers that pump out "hot takes" on a daily basis. You should only read USA Today when you're in some 3rd world ****in' backwater hellhole waiting for a bi-plane and need to pass some time.
I thought you were going to say "You should only read USA Today when you're in some 3rd world ****in' backwater hellhole and it's the only thing in the crapper to wipe your butt with."

But, I guess you travel in more suffisticated circumstances than I do.

Remember the Palmer shot. After that the league made a rule change regarding hitting a quarterback around the knees. This rule is now known around other teams fan bases as the Brady rule.:confused:
I think they might be two different rules, but you're right that people mix them up.

I thought the TB rule was against a player crawling like Pollard did when he hit the knee, but I could be wrong.

Only in your fantasy world.
The NFL determines a Champion by a playoff system.
In your world, a Champion is crowned by how many fantasy points you put up. Or how pretty you look.
Champion does not equal best team of the season in the NFL quite often, and it's not even close.

Champion does not equal best team of the season in the NFL quite often, and it's not even close.

Really? Then what does? Stats?
I guess the guess the Patriots 5 Lombardi's are meaningless then. And going by your formula,the 15-1 Carolina Panthers were the best team in the league in 2015.
Might as well just get rid of the playoffs.
From now on,we just let some stat geeks determine a Champ with a computer.

I hope the players aren't paying attention to all the undefeated talk.

I'd be concerned about the Pats believing their press clippings and not giving their best effort.

Fortunately, the Pats have "Mr Wet Blanket" in BB to ensure they don't get too full of themselves.

False.

The winner of the Super Bowl is the best team. That's why they have the tournament. Otherwise it would just be a 5-week exhibition.

I think they might be two different rules, but you're right that people mix them up.

I thought the TB rule was against a player crawling like Pollard did when he hit the knee, but I could be wrong.
I think you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back