PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upset of the century? Plucky, untalented system QB defeats undisputed GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, didn’t see that one coming. Some shlub whose been carried by his coaching staff just defeated the NFL’s most amazing quarterback of all-time!

Last edited:
Someone should let Aaron Rodgers know there is in fact, a fourth quarter of football that gets played.

Imagine how much his next contract would be worth if he showed up in all four.

Someone should let Aaron Rodgers know there is in fact, a fourth quarter of football that gets played.

Imagine how much his next contract would be worth if he showed up in all four.
Think if his contract was based on incentives determined by victories and fourth quarter touchdowns. If that were the case, he would be on another plane of existence. Rodgers had the potential to be the GOAT but didn't get there because he would rather toss it around like on a playground than really dial it in. Money seems to focus him; however it is the promise of money, not the money he already is being paid, that delivers that extra focus.

Rodgers is a good quarterback who can do some special things. But even Eli has more rings. Quite the rhyme.

Yesterday was one single data point. It is preceded by many others. While there can be only one GOAT, that doesn't mean there can't be other great QB's. Aaron Rogers is certainly one.

Yesterday was one single data point. It is preceded by many others. While there can be only one GOAT, that doesn't mean there can't be other great QB's. Aaron Rogers is certainly one.

Very few Patriots fans I know deny Rodgers is great, but most of them like myself resent this sans Manning shoe-horned rivalry.

Rodgers and Brady are not in any competition for GOAT because Rodgers isn't in the conversation.

And the only rivalry Rodgers is in is with Marino (imo).

Last edited:
a ****in' brain dead Division 3 2nd string QB SEES the delayed blitz by Clayborn that effectively ENDED THE GAME!

you all go play ring around the rosey with your Jumpy Punk chest beating egomaniac...you don't deserve to see Tom Brady play.

24/43 259 says he wasn't tonight.

I thought as soon as he grabbed his elbow it was over. Comeback and ballwashery was incoming. Not sure what happened? Must of flipped the choke switch instead.
He was grinding the gears trying to shift it into comeback mode so he slipped it back into choke and kept on rollin.

:)

While the game was won on the field, Flores created and called a brilliant D Game Plan.. and once again BB was playing Chess while McCarthy was playing chinese checkers.. I kept waiting for all the O talent of the Packers to explode, barely a whimper. It came down to once again not how much talent you have, but how you coach and use that talent..

What is it with all the insecurity around here when it comes to other great QBs ? Let the media have its fun with all those pointless GOAT narratives and just enjoy the full team win and being 7-2.

What is it with all the insecurity around here when it comes to other great QBs ? Let the media have its fun with all those pointless GOAT narratives and just enjoy the full team win and being 7-2.
it's not insecurity on my part..it is 100% unbridled ANGER. I'm SICK of the bullshyt that emanates from this biased sports media. They pizz down my back and tell me it's raining. Here's one little "oversight" these felching spazzes missed all week while fellating their precious Jumpy Punk, Rodgers, going into this game in Gillette....Brady was 90-1 in Gillette when leading at the half. He is now NINETY ONE AND ONE. If I could could just ram this down the throat of every Felcher and Spazz moron that buys into this "everything real bad!!!" bullshyt I'd die a happy man. I despise these utter cretins for the despicable cowardice they have displayed the past 20 years.

Rodgers's Achilles heel is that he has no comeback mode.

He has only one something like one win in his career after falling behind more than 10 points.

He's absolutely a physically talented QB, but there's no way he's the GOAT.

At this point, any talk of Aaron Rodgers being the GOAT - or even mentioned among a list of GOATs - is just typical mediot recency bias. I know he's got 1 championship under his belt, but the man needs to start winning them in numbers larger than 1.

Based on career performances to date, when people discuss GOATs 25 years from now, they will be talking about Brady and Montana. Rodgers will be in that 2nd tier with Marino, Favre, Manning, etc. There's no shame in that because those men were great quarterbacks, but GOAT means GOAT, not 2nd tier.

Yes, but it is satisfying and fun to watch these dolts come in Monday morning and walk back on their words. They act like Ton Brady just stumbled across five rings during a hike with his family and that’s the only reason why he’s considered the GOAT. As Patriots fans, we’ve seen the magic game after game. The five rings aren’t the reason he’s the GOAT but a consequence of his greatness. Rodgers has done very little comparative to Brady, yet he the co-GOAT? Sorry but I think Pats fans have every right to laugh and gloat here.

Media's rules on this: Rogers wins, Rodgers = G.O.A.T.

Sorry, but that's what the setup was. Frankly, it was disrespectful to a lot of other great QBs who should be ahead of Rodgers on any all-time list, including the fairly-recently-retired Peyton Manning.

Is Rodgers a top 30 all-time QB? Probably
Is Rodgers a top 20 all-time QB? Maybe
Is Rodgers a top 10 all-time QB? No

I would take Manning in his prime over Rodgers. Manning despite his many failures did produce all time great numbers at times during his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents