PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung Heroes: The ILB's

Lol at Terez Hall. It's already been shown he gave up 9 targets for 9 receptions for 112 yards or something like that. Hall is horrible.

Simon is also horrible and ranks as one of the worst at his position in the NFL (not sure if they consider him a DE or LB). Gave up the edge for a TD early and is always non existent with the pass rush. Reminds me of '08 Vrabel.

I was just going to say that Hall is going to be exposed soon

Having Lawrence Guy back and Carl Davis contributing more is why... beef and talent upfront matters.

DT's don't get a lot of credit or fantasy football relevance, but football is won in the trenches.

Someone remind me, were we without Guy when we got gashed by SF? Iirc he left that game partway through but after they were killing us already right?

I mentioned LB as THE biggest flaw in this team early on. Bentley is not quick enough, but worse - not instinctive or aggressive enough.
I'm not sure about Hall yet, its clear he's still trying to do the right thing, rather than playing fast and free.
I don't know why it took them 1.5 years to figure out they need to play Wino off the line - we need a guy like that at LB, not an undersized EDGE.
I'm still hoping to see Uche and Jennings make some leaps in growth, but its a lot to ask for rookies in one year.
We need more rush out of Rivers & Wise. Guy & Davis might be able to solidify the middle, and go back to more base 4-3 - except when facing running QB's (like HOU, AZ) where I want Uche spying.

In my mind the unsung hero of the run defense was JC Jackson. Dude nearly singlehandedly killed the Baltimore airgame and forced the Baltimore offense to go one dimensional. That made it easier or the line to do its thing effectively.

I mentioned LB as THE biggest flaw in this team early on. Bentley is not quick enough, but worse - not instinctive or aggressive enough.
I'm not sure about Hall yet, its clear he's still trying to do the right thing, rather than playing fast and free.
I don't know why it took them 1.5 years to figure out they need to play Wino off the line - we need a guy like that at LB, not an undersized EDGE.
I'm still hoping to see Uche and Jennings make some leaps in growth, but its a lot to ask for rookies in one year.
We need more rush out of Rivers & Wise. Guy & Davis might be able to solidify the middle, and go back to more base 4-3 - except when facing running QB's (like HOU, AZ) where I want Uche spying.
First thing I saw when i watched Wino's college tape was "ILB." He's a decent edge rusher, but the dude's a born ILB. He plays like the heir to Bruschi.

I think too much is being made of Terez Hall. He is an okay player but I don't think he is better than Bentley who I also don't think too much of. He is a bottom of the roster/PS guy who really shouldn't ever be starting or seeing meaningful snaps in any other year but we apparently decided we don't need NFL linebackers this year.

Having Lawrence Guy back and Carl Davis contributing more is why... beef and talent upfront matters.

DT's don't get a lot of credit or fantasy football relevance, but football is won in the trenches.

I'm confused. I checked the snap counts. There are no defensive snaps for Davis.

I'm confused. I checked the snap counts. There are no defensive snaps for Davis.
The snap count page is done by first initial and last name, so it's confusing that there's a DT C Davis (Carl) and a SS C Davis (Cody). Pro Football Reference is currently giving the defensive snaps to Cody, when they should be given to Carl. They ran into a similar issue with Darren and David Andrews in 2018. Their automated import process allocated the snaps to Darren (a rookie WR on the non-football injury list) and had to be changed to David each week.

Hall played well against the Ravens, but I think we have to take the Ravens Offensive line woes into consideration. They were terrible, and the Pats LBs took advantage of it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back