PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Official Preseason Game 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were not ...OL is a sieve ....Brady or Hoyer would b struggling tonight

They'd be getting rid of the ball, they actually know how to read a defense.

Stidham witha shaky game for sure, but Im not sure that either TO was majorily on him
The INT was 100%, fumble was on DT.

DE covering Thomas and Stidham doesn't see it, sums up how good he is at reading the game.

Thomas does not do jet sweeps.. didn't do them in Denver and it shows here. Bad technique, not waiting for the ball to hit his stomach first. But I guess they're trying everything out with him and seeing where he fits best.

They'd be getting rid of the ball, they actually know how to read a defense.
They would have no time either....can’t blame Stidham honestly.....Love Brady incredibly...but he would be in trouble tonight as well....OL is awful

He got hit because he didn't read the blitz properly, and didn't get rid of the ball.
You're right, but the guy who won wasnt a blitzer iirc... And honestly im not gonna criticize a rookie QB for not doing a great job recognizing the timing of a blitz in his 4th game.

I don't know, i definitely dont feel like this was an egregiously big mistake by him

Great learning tool. For the homers as well as the players. Stcjones needs to review the tape, because his takes are insane.
Yep, Stidham is playing like a typical rook. Not sure why anyone would claim he is "excellent" tonight. That is laughable.

They would have no time either....can’t blame Stidham honestly.....Love Brady incredibly...but he would be in trouble tonight as well....OL is awful

They're not doing great but Stidham is not helping them at all, his reads are AWFUL. He's not even looked at a wide open Thomas 6 times already.

Stidham can still be good but tonight it is evident that he is nowhere close to ready to be next guy up after Brady. That’s fine.

No, it's not the LG we gave a 4th for. There is no LG we gave a 4th for. There's one we gave a 5th for and one we gave a 6th for, and neither of them are playing in this game currently. You're just believing things you read online without actually seeing anything.

They gave up a 4 for Eluemunor and a 6

Not a 5th.

You're right, but the guy who won wasnt a blitzer iirc... And honestly im not gonna criticize a rookie QB for not doing a great job recognizing the timing of a blitz in his 4th game.

I don't know, i definitely dont feel like this was an egregiously big mistake by him
Good post as always Jay...thx....he’s not ready for prime time but let’s be realistic too....OL has been pitiful

He has some gorgeous throws tho, that was a swan flying out there

Great learning tool. For the homers as well as the players. Stcjones needs to review the tape, because his takes are insane.

He's just reading the worst, least accurate posts in the thread and assuming they're true.

I'm analyzing the game in an attempt to figure out who I think should/should not make the team. I understand that BB gets the final say. But I'm not making excuses for rookies who are blowing easy plays. I'll leave that to everyone else.

And, having posted that, we then get the TD pass to Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST