PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unfortunate: Jordan Matthews put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would suggest it wasn't only the injury that caused him to be released, as they would likely have kept him around if they thought he'd be a contributor.

So could he sign back with us when healthy?? Or has that ship sailed??:confused:

He got hurt on the fourth day of training camp. If he was going to miss a month or so of practice, then I don’t think you could’ve expected a whole lot of contributions early on even if he was fully healthy. And if he couldn’t contribute during Edelman’s suspension, then he probably wasn’t worth keeping around.

Would suggest it wasn't only the injury that caused him to be released, as they would likely have kept him around if they thought he'd be a contributor.

Yep. Reiss and someone else implied he wasn't picking up the offense as well as they had hoped.

He got hurt on the fourth day of training camp. If he was going to miss a month or so of practice, then I don’t think you could’ve expected a whole lot of contributions early on even if he was fully healthy. And if he couldn’t contribute during Edelman’s suspension, then he probably wasn’t worth keeping around.

They've traded for or signed ostensibly less talented receivers midseason like Jabar Gaffney, Keshawn Martin, or Austin Collie and plugged them in to greater or lesser success. The Patriots' receivers this year aren't exactly Murderer's Row, they weren't cutting loose a player purely based on him missing most of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes