PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UNCONFIRMED ... Trollin Volin Saying Belichick to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key point (not exonerating Volin): Belichick and Kraft have discussed when BB plans to retire.

BB goes when Brady goes and brady may have an extension in hand right now

If and when Belichick retires I may need therapy. i have been a huge Belichick fan since he was at the Giants ... he has always been my favorite.
You have me beat, I didn't start until he was in Cleveland.

Not even Shaugnessy or Mazzoratti piss me off as much as Volin. I have more inside information within the Pats organization (and I have NONE) than Volin.

It makes me sad that the once GREAT Globe sports page has sunk to the depths that Volin gives it. He has made a career making speculations based on the dots that OTHER people have accumulated. Bellichick wouldn't fart in his direction, let alone give him a scoop.

Another poster put it best when he noted that Volin wrote thinking this, "how can I make Ben Volin relative at the Superbowl?" So he just makes up something up and starts collecting "clicks". He's a joke, but what pisses me off the most is that he thinks he IS relative.

There are a number of very hard working guys and girls who cover the Pats. We might not always agree with what they say, but we have to acknowledge the effort and the snippets that we do get. Ben Volin is NOT one of these people. The stuff he puts out is simply lazy reporting of the obvious.

When I see one of his Tweets on the right it pisses me off almost as much as when I see one of Borges'.

It makes me sad that the once GREAT Globe sports page has sunk to the depths that Volin gives it. He has made a career making speculations based on the dots that OTHER people have accumulated. Bellichick wouldn't fart in his direction, let alone give him a scoop.

Pretty much when Reiss left was when I stopped paying attention to the Globe.

I used to love watching what he woukd do coming out of halftime. Back then the game was more game plan orientated with less sub packages. In spite of less sub packages he still would pull something out of his ass to totally confuse the offense in the 2nd half. I have always loved old school football and he was a technician of it.

Pretty clearly a joke. BB may well retire sooner rather than later, but even Volin knows 100% that he isn't the person Bill would tell about it!

I have a guy who knows a guy who said that a guy told Volin that Belichick said he is "Is going to be very tired after the game." Volin said, "Retired after the game?" The guy who knows a guy said that the guy talking to Volin answered, "Ve- Ry Tired." Volin said, "Got it. Later, I gotta tell Jerry Callahan right away!"

I forgot you weren't a Patriot fan. I guess the name should have consistently tipped me off.

I forgot you weren't a Patriot fan. I guess the name should have consistently tipped me off.
Yeah, I grew up in Cleveland (thus being a BB fan when he was HC there), needed a team when they moved - wife was a Patriots fan so I was rooting for them already "on the side". Picked it up full time after the Browns' move - Belichick came to Patriots to complete the circle. Last 18 years have been good ;)

I have an addictive personality so moving to Patriots "full tilt, full time" was easy. Now my wife claims I stole her team . . .

I don't think BB is retiring this year. That being said, Brady and BB are both at an age where, in their jobs, going year to year is the default, and retirement for one, the other, or both, should surprise nobody.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that if this is true, the total "circle the wagons and do everything we can to win" attitude the team has presented since Week 16 makes sense. Could also be because the team just likes winning Super Bowls as well, though. :eek:

tenor.gif

What part of "No Days Off!" don't these people understand. Belichick will never retire, he's gonna die on a treadmill, watching game film, taking notes, scouting players, and designing a game plan for the Pats somewhere in the bowels of Gillette in 2041.

So does this pretty much prove that:

A. Belichick is immortal
B. Will never retire from the Patriots

Isn't that how it usually works with Volin's prognostications?

The conspiracy theorist in me says that if this is true, the total "circle the wagons and do everything we can to win" attitude the team has presented since Week 16 makes sense. Could also be because the team just likes winning Super Bowls as well, though. :eek:

If we're going down the X-Files road:

It would also fit in with Kraft's "God willing they'll be back" (paraphrased) comment from the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST