PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UNCONFIRMED ... Trollin Volin Saying Belichick to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine Belichick, Kraft, or McDaniels would leak this before the SB if it was true. And certainly not to Volin.
maybe they leaked it so that the league would go to the rams and be like "yall need to lose for the greater good"

then bill wins, and doesnt retire, turns and winks at the camera.

Hope this isnt true he could catch Shula and his sons are on his coaching staff.
Imagine next season no Belichick no Flores no Oshea no Devin Mccourty no Patrick Chung no Tre Flowers no GRONK
Holy crap

Hope this isnt true he could catch Shula and his sons are on his coaching staff.
Imagine next season no Belichick no Flores no Oshea no Devin Mccourty no Patrick Chung no Tre Flowers no GRONK
Holy crap

That’s why I like to live in the now not the future.

Holy crap
There's only one thing I'm imagining right now - cracking open that champagne Sunday night. And I need to lay off that just in case it doesn't happen. Next year can start on Monday.

Holy crap

Gronk is done, Flowers will be tagged/re-signed, Chung and McCourty are old. Flores is good but replaceable. O'Shea would have stayed if he knew that Belichick retires and McDaniels takes over HC. Since he left we know that Belichick won't retire.

BB is wisely trying to sabotage Volin's career by intentionally feeding him misinformation.

Now if he would only do the same with Tomase, we could be rid of BOTH of them

If it was possible to lose his job by printing blatantly false information, then Tomase would already be in oblivion. But "journalism" doesn't work that way.

Bill forgot his /s tag and now this **** happens.

Why is this still a story? I thought this post made it clear that Volin was actually attempting a funny.
Let’s all calm down. Volin said it on WEEI. If you heard him say it, which I did, it was clear he wasn’t even *remotely* being serious.

He actually said something like “uh, yeah, I found out that Belichick is going to retire but I’m holding onto this story until after the game.” That in and of itself shows how much he was joking because any reporter who got such a scoop would never casually drop the bomb on radio then hold it for 5 days.

It boggles my mind how this non-story got legs.

I don't think BB is retiring this year. That being said, Brady and BB are both at an age where, in their jobs, going year to year is the default, and retirement for one, the other, or both, should surprise nobody.
You have no idea if that is the default. My god.

The default is what they've said which is they will continue to coach and play for several more years

I can't imagine Belichick, Kraft, or McDaniels would leak this before the SB if it was true. And certainly not to Volin.

I did it. I get them every time

All the retirement talk for everybody is kind of a downer prior to the super bowl. Wish they would stop. They'll have a huge dearth of NFL news after the game for weeks that they can spit this type of stuff out.

Let’s all calm down. Volin said it on WEEI. If you heard him say it, which I did, it was clear he wasn’t even *remotely* being serious.

He actually said something like “uh, yeah, I found out that Belichick is going to retire but I’m holding onto this story until after the game.” That in and of itself shows how much he was joking because any reporter who got such a scoop would never casually drop the bomb on radio then hold it for 5 days.

It boggles my mind how this non-story got legs.
This is what I got out of too. The EEI guys were kinda sorta playing it up as big news but also laughing about it, so there was a degree of mixed signals. And Volin is just as bad at being funny as he is at reporting on football..

Why is this still a story? I thought this post made it clear that Volin was actually attempting a funny.
Because it gives some of us a chance to talk sh!t.

Gronk is done, Flowers will be tagged/re-signed, Chung and McCourty are old. Flores is good but replaceable. O'Shea would have stayed if he knew that Belichick retires and McDaniels takes over HC. Since he left we know that Belichick won't retire.
This makes the most sense.

(Not that I necessarily believe this, but just to play devil’s advocate...)
What if O’Shea isn’t “Josh’s guy” ? What if Josh prefers the QB coach, Schuplinski ? Maybe O’Shea “knows he’s a BB guy and doesn’t think Josh promotes him” ?

Again, devil’s advocate, not “what I think”. But, I do not think it’s out of the realm...

There's only one thing I'm imagining right now - cracking open that champagne Sunday night. And I need to lay off that just in case it doesn't happen. Next year can start on Monday.
Having champagne chilling in the fridge when you don’t get to drink it is not a good feeling.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results