PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unbelievable

Gronk & Amendola are guaranteed to miss at least 5 games each. That leaves Cooks as the only downfield weapon. I'm not just concerned about making the SB. I am now worried about winning the division.

The division? The DIVISION???
You must not follow the AFCE very closely.

I could see concern about the playoffs, but the DIVISION?

Get A Grip.

The division? The DIVISION???
You must not follow the AFCE very closely.

I could see concern about the playoffs, but the DIVISION?

Get A Grip.

Well there is concern about making the playoffs because of this injury. Or did you mean it could have an impact once they clinch a spot?

Nonetheless, it's no guarantee the get HFA throughout now. Especially with Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, Texans

This team is loaded at WR. If anything this might force Brady to look harder for open WRs instead of just constantly forcing the ball into his security blanket regardless of coverage.

The best thing about Brady when he was young is that his favorite receiver was the one who was open. He's developed a bad habit of focusing mainly on just a few guys and forcing throws on occasion. Obviously having Edleman is preferable to not having Edleman, but this might be a good thing for the offense to a certain degree. Hopefully Austin Carr can step up and make the team and Mitchell can stop getting injured.
"Brady's developed a bad habit..." Hahahahahaha!!!! Hilarious!!!!!!

Does the team still have Brady? Then stop worrying.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Why...why does this have to happen? We said only injuries will stop this team from repeating. They lost Edelman for the year. Strike 1.

Unbelievable??? This is the NFL. It's unbelievable when a team makes it through an entire season without a major injury.

Do you realize this team just won a Super Bowl with freaking Gronk on IR for the last third of the season?

It is what it is. Deal with it. As noted in the thread, going into 2004 the team was favored to repeat as champions, then it lost BOTH starting cornerbacks for the season, one a likely future hall of famer. They repeated anyway.

The Patriots have always built their team with a strong middle class while limiting top end contracts. This is why - so the team won't fall apart at the first injury to a star. It'll take multiple 2013/2015 injuries for that to happen. It's frustrating to watch during the offseason, but it's generally worked for them as the games play out.

Hopefully it'll work out for them this year too.

Gronk & Amendola are guaranteed to miss at least 5 games each.
No, their contracts are for a full season and neither has been suspended.

That leaves Cooks as the only downfield weapon.
What about Hogan and Mitchell?

I'm not just concerned about making the SB. I am now worried about winning the division.
:confused: Who are you concerned about challenging New England for the division?

Gronk & Amendola are guaranteed to miss at least 5 games each. That leaves Cooks as the only downfield weapon. I'm not just concerned about making the SB. I am now worried about winning the division.
Mazz when did you join Pat's fans? Anyway, the leading yards per catch receiver in the NFL last year was Hogan. No receiver had more yards downfield. Pay attention and you won't worry so much

Two questions: 1) Ever heard of Chris Hogan, and 2) Are you going into second or third grade this week?

I am looking for Malcolm Mitchell to step up big.

Any chance they won't finish ahead of the Jets?

This team is loaded at WR. If anything this might force Brady to look harder for open WRs instead of just constantly forcing the ball into his security blanket regardless of coverage.

The best thing about Brady when he was young is that his favorite receiver was the one who was open. He's developed a bad habit of focusing mainly on just a few guys and forcing throws on occasion. Obviously having Edleman is preferable to not having Edleman, but this might be a good thing for the offense to a certain degree. Hopefully Austin Carr can step up and make the team and Mitchell can stop getting injured.
I agree, Cooks was wide open on the long Hogan TD the other night. Actually Hogan was the most covered of all the receiving options on that play.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back