PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unbelievable

I love Edelman but out of him, Gronk, and Brady the gap between him and his backup(s) was the smallest. Amendola can work in there for the time being but lets be honest he won't take that kind of wear and tear week in week out. Wouldn't surprise me if Carr makes the team and maybe they even experiment DJ Foster in that role and see if he can take a few snaps from Amendola/Carr.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Why...why does this have to happen? We said only injuries will stop this team from repeating. They lost Edelman for the year. Strike 1.

Every team loses significant player's every season, the question becomes how well the team can manage it, and in this case the Patriots appear to have the depth to manage the injury to Edelman.

"I'm pissed off, it's too soon to even think about Plan B"

It's not too soon. What do you think BB, McDaniels and Brady were working on on the plane trip home?
That's their job. I'm a fan. I'll be needing some time before I can even consider a season without JE11.

This team is loaded at WR. If anything this might force Brady to look harder for open WRs instead of just constantly forcing the ball into his security blanket regardless of coverage.

The best thing about Brady when he was young is that his favorite receiver was the one who was open. He's developed a bad habit of focusing mainly on just a few guys and forcing throws on occasion. Obviously having Edleman is preferable to not having Edleman, but this might be a good thing for the offense to a certain degree. Hopefully Austin Carr can step up and make the team and Mitchell can stop getting injured.

We all love JE11 but he's a replaceable player

Sorry but it's true. Remember when we were pissed we let Welker go? Lol

The offense slows down more when we don't have jules, then when we don't have gronk.

The only reason this thread exists, is because the OP needed his own personal freak out to be so singularly acknowledged that there was no reason he could possibly have it relegated to the giant thread already on this topic.

Most teams can overcome a injury, and the Pat's have Edelman insurance in Amendola or Cooks. It's when the injuries start to pile up, that is when your season really gets derailed.

That being said, Brady, Gronk et al better not see the field against the Giants.

Carr will make us forget JE (somewhat).

If last year I told you going into the season Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins would be ejected from the team. Gronk would be out for the season. Lewis would still be recovering and have a minimal contribution to the team. It would have been considered a nightmare scenario. Oh and Brady missed the first 4 games.

We went 14-2 (one because we needed to start our third string QB in one game and one on a goal line stand). We had a crap game against the Texans in the playoffs which we comfortably won. Obliterated the Steelers who were considered one of the biggest obstacles in the AFC, and played a crap first 3 quarters in the Super Bowl and came back and won against the team that featured the league MVP, the first or second best WR in the league, and a top 5 RB.

Calm down. Other teams will have injured players. We have all season to adapt.

They will be fine. In some ways, maybe this opens up an opportunity. Julian isn't getting any younger and if somehow they grow the next great slot guy....that's a win.
Absolutely!! Julian is a tremendous player but the Patriots have so many weapons on offense. Biggest adjustment will be Brady losing a binky and how soon he gets over the habit of looking for Jules in certain ssituations. Guys will be open, Brady just needs to find them. The passing game won't miss a beat.
I'm far more concerned with the D line and O line than I am with replacing Edelman.

If any team can over come injuries, tough losses it's this one.

Regardless, I'm willing to bet this team will remain focused.

This offense was gonna be lethal with edelman being there. It's still a very good offense now but it can be greater if some guys step up.

I wanna see them look at other wrs that might be cut due to roster spots.

I hate stupid threads with titles that fail to convey the subject

UNBELIEVABLE.

Why...why does this have to happen? We said only injuries will stop this team from repeating. They lost Edelman for the year. Strike 1.

Well, Rivers too. Much less important than JE11, but still.

I think Carr or Lucien are now making the team. Hogan, Cooks, Amendola, Mitchell, and Carr/Lucien is still a terrific WR group. Not the best in football anymore but still really good. I'm glad this happened (since, uh, it DID happen) before they cut Carr and Lucien.

I'm more worried about DE than WR at this point.

Gronk & Amendola are guaranteed to miss at least 5 games each. That leaves Cooks as the only downfield weapon. I'm not just concerned about making the SB. I am now worried about winning the division.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back