PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ralph Webb could surprise in camp with some legit NFL blocking in front of him. He can pass protect and catch a little as well as running between the tackles and has just enough juice to get to the edge so has versatility which will play in his favour. A potential low salary contributor for 3/4 years will have an advantage against a 1 year vet when the roster cut-downs arrive.

Adding the Pats 9 draft picks:

ISAIAH WYNN
SONY MICHEL
DUKE DAWSON
JA'WHAUN BENTLEY
CHRISTIAN SAM
BRAXTON BERRIOS
DANNY ETLING
KEION CROSSEN
RYAN IZZO

... and all 9 of the reported UDFA signings:

FRANK HERRON
JC JACKSON
RALPH WEBB
SHANE WIMANN
JOHN ATKINS
CHRIS LACY
TRENT HARRIS
COREY BOJORQUEZ
AJ MOORE

... to the existing roster, I get a total of 92 - two over the maximum.

So, I'm guessing that a couple of those "signings" were actually signed as TRYOUTS, which don't count against the roster limit.

Unless I've misunderstood @Miguel , there's been a change to how draftees are counted against the 90-man limit:

In the past, draftees didn't count as being on the roster until they'd actually signed their contracts (thus allowing a team to sign a couple "extra" UDFAs, temporarily). Apparently, draftees now count as soon as they're selected.

Difficult to know, from the typical raw stats, what his distance and directional control are like.

He certainly seems to have a "big leg", which can be invaluable if he's frequently punting from his own team's 20-yard line (or deeper). In those situations, it's fairly easy for a "big-legger" to drop a few inside the opponent's 20. Much trickier if the guy is punting from the 50 or beyond.

It would be much more useful if someone developed a metric that would account for what yard-line the punts were launched from.

Jackson found not guilty, says he wants UF return

I wonder if Robert and Jonathan know about this? He was acquited but admitted that he was willingly at the scene of the crime and in fact probably knew what the others were going to do. If you scroll down to the comments section, one poster writes that his HS coach stated that he wasn’t surprised that Jackson was involved in a serious crime. He apparently kept his nose clean during his two years at Maryland and deserves a chance to prove that he learned his lesson but this is almost certainly why he went u drafted.

Duplicate post

UDFA binky: David Wells, TE, San Diego State. For no reason, I might add.

Another punter

It was reported that the Pats had a pre-draft private WO with him already.

I think he's referring to getting a mini-camp invite - which is effectively a tryout, rather than a signing.

What else.

And guess where from

A 23 minute punt fest. I dare anyone to make it through the whole video.

Is that what you call a southwest-paw?

Rutgers connection made my day. I bet BB just really likes some steakhouse in New Brunswick and wants somebody to talk to about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents