PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton

I do not think Mac trusts him yet. Unless he gets sone deep targets and makes a handful of catches he is useless as a decoy
At lesser than 50% catch rate , can't blame the QB for not trusting him

200-300 yards is where I thought he would be and it’s still doable. Struggles on offense and a shoulder injury (IR) contributed to low output.
One thing that pisses me off to no end is bad catch percentage. Tyquan should be working with the jugs religiously.

Last edited:
For now it's disappointing. It's early but considering our past history in drafting , looks like we need to roll dice again. If I am Kraft I would be furious with the scouting team.

...or with his Grocery-Shopper.

Except for RB, this is rarely a "plug and play" league. Look at Davante Adams stats for the 1st two years. What is alarming is your posts.
The one guy you try to mic drop me with as a 2nd rounder ruined your own laughable argument. He had 446 yards his rookie year playing behind All Pro's Nelson and Cobb and yet he was the third most targeted player on the team. LOL! He had almost 500 yards playing 12 games (3rd most targets again) his 2nd year behind Cobb and the return of James Jones who was a favorite with Rodgers. Who are the All Pro's Tyquan is fighting for snaps with? There's no reason why we can't see Tyquan catch a couple passes a game at this point. And there are plenty of positions that players are playing right away in this league which I won't even bother with. Do some research and come back with a better argument next time as this was some amateur hour sh*t.

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

Last edited:
He is being thrown the ball on short routes in traffic. It does not make sense for him to run those routes. He needs deeper routes and comebacks.

Disappointing at this point for sure, particularly considering how he looked in the preseason before getting hurt. It's obviously set him back a bit, here's hoping he'll start trending in the right direction.

bill the gm needs to stop drafting skill players (not RB) that do not contribute their rookie years. he doesn't have the luxury of that red shirt year bullschittt he used to do w James White and other guys. Harry, Thornton, Asiasi, Keene. Rookie receivers across the league are impacting games every week... but in Foxboro no such luck.

Disappointing at this point for sure, particularly considering how he looked in the preseason before getting hurt. It's obviously set him back a bit, here's hoping he'll start trending in the right direction.
The coaching staff has done a awful job of designing plays to get him the ball in space. He seems to get the ball in traffic, not where he is one on one vs a defender in which he can use his speed as a factor. It seems like Bourne as well has regressed under Fat Patricia when last season he was the Patriots leader in yards per catch average.

Perhaps coaches have no confidence in OL for protection on deep throws and on the few occasions when they try one the want it to be Parker or Agholor

The coaching staff has done an awful job of designing plays to get him the ball in space. He seems to get the ball in traffic, not where he is one on one vs a defender in which he can use his speed as a factor. It seems like Bourne as well has regressed under Fat Patricia when last season he was the Patriots leader in yards per catch average.
Agreed. Also your user name is my cat’s name.

One thing that pisses me off to no end is bad catch percentage. Tyquan should be working with the jugs religiously.

I really like him as a player, but his actual hand size is going to make improving his catching strength extremely hard, no matter how often he works on it. I Like everthing else about him, not even his draft weight worried me that much. It was his hand size that made me pause and go. ahhhhhhh…..idk about that pick. 9 inch hands are on the small size for a WR, but 8 1/4 is almost unheard of. HS/ college WR’s with extremely small hands generally get converted to DB’s for that single reason alone.

Let’s hope I’m proven wrong.

He hasn’t shown a ton yet or accomplished much here…..time will tell if he will …..my worries are that he is extremely thin and prone to injury, and has shown difficulty fighting through coverage and his hand size was an issue at combine and can be alot of drops …..hope for the best for him

The one guy you try to mic drop me with as a 2nd rounder ruined your own laughable argument. He had 446 yards his rookie year playing behind All Pro's Nelson and Cobb and yet he was the third most targeted player on the team. LOL! He had almost 500 yards playing 12 games (3rd most targets again) his 2nd year behind Cobb and the return of James Jones who was a favorite with Rodgers. Who are the All Pro's Tyquan is fighting for snaps with? There's no reason why we can't see Tyquan catch a couple passes a game at this point. And there are plenty of positions that players are playing right away in this league which I won't even bother with. Do some research and come back with a better argument next time as this was some amateur hour sh*t.

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE
Another silly post. Adams had 500 yards in each of is first two years then it jumped to 850 and then averaged 1000+ a year. Davante Parker had 750 in his 2nd year so he must be better than Adams. :rolleyes: Of course WRs have more yards in the first year with an established QB like Aaron Roger's.

The point, which you have missed twice, is that the first two years commonly does not indicate a successful career. Your doom and gloom is silly.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back