PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton Having a Tough Camp

I’m not too much worried about him not making the team. If he doesn’t it’s because there were too many better players ahead of him. That’s not a bad thing.
I believe he makes the team... he showed ability last season in a dysfunctional offense.. I don't believe that he will not be on the roster come season opener.

The open question is whether Thornton is dependable enough to be our #3 or #4.

I could see the team dumping Bourne and going with four WR's (and 3 TE's). After all, Montgomery can be the emergency Game Day WR substitution in case of injury.

This would especially true if the new RB replacing Taylor is a solid 3rd down receiver.

I'm thrilled that Douglas seems to be emerging to a 1st-year productive piece at WR - in the area we really need... a quick slot guy, a go-to receiver on 3rd down. But his splash onto the scene only shows the disappointment about TT.
However, if TT were to develop and find a role on this team, it would really be Parker's role.
Parker is the outside, jump-ball guy right now - but that's mostly because he's a big body, but not fast at all - and not shifty either.
We wouldn't want TT to bump out JSS or even Bourne.
So, I don't think it'd be horrible for TT to slowly be integrated into this offense during the season. Because we can bank on the fact that Parker will get hurt, or start to disappear when all his "jump-balls" start turning into INT's or incompletions. I'm not giving up on TT providing some extra dimension to this offense - provided that he doesn't follow Parker into the "always injured" category.

Fortunately they may have struck gold with Demario Douglas which would make Thornton’s struggles less consequential.

The only thing those two have in common is that they’re skinny.
And that gives us hope that Our slender man can make it. :)
Slender Man Horror GIF by Imagine Dragons

I believe he makes the team... he showed ability last season in a dysfunctional offense.. I don't believe that he will not be on the roster come season opener.
What ability did he show last year? He did next to nothing.

Thornton is out there with a helmet warming up

The surprise would have been if he was doing well. I lost complete hope of us being able to ever draft a good WR.

Edelman was the last one and that was a total flier.

The surprise would have been if he was doing well. I lost complete hope of us being able to ever draft a good WR.

Edelman was the last one and that was a total flier.
Malcolm Mitchell

Conventional wisdom Wishful thinking says Tyquan Thornton have a higher ceiling than K Bourne. The hope is that his ceiling is DeVonta Smith or a poor mans version.
FIFY.

”Conventional wisdom” based on what?

only thing he has shown is the ability to run fast. and get

How does that translate to a higher ceiling? He’s got to show something on the field. Means he has to be on the field.

He will have to make a career out of fighting for every
At least he'll have a career, though?

OG George is my guy. I love him but don't think it would work here with Bill. Pickens father was crazy and George is his daddy's son.

I’m not at all confident he will. If he does, I hope it’s because he steps his game up not because the other candidates slipped to his level. I do hope he does, but doubt he will.

Conventional wisdom says Tyquan Thornton have a higher ceiling than K Bourne. The hope is that his ceiling is DeVonta Smith or a poor mans version.

Again I will say that the comp for Thornton is Will Fuller, not a route runner like Smith.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back