PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton Having a Tough Camp

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Maybe things will change, but this is NOT a good start so far. hasn't been on the field and when he has, no targets, hasn't gotten open.

Demario Douglas is outperforming him as a 6th round rookie. I don't want to say he's a bust, but watching Pickens over at steelers i'm getting very N'keal Harry over like 20 top receivers who are still in the league vibes.

Thornton's slow start has been overplayed on this forum.

If posters were writing it off, I would say it was underplayed.

Tyquan Thornton is becoming a concern, but that's all so far.

I’m not going to write him off. If Thornton can simply act as a deep threat he will be fulfilling his role here, and given his speed that’s not a big ask. I would be more concerned if he was expected to be an all around receiver and wasn’t picking up the offense, but run fast and go deep aren’t especially confusing concepts. If you can catch two deep balls a game then defenses have to back off and respect that, and if he can’t provide that much then he will be a bust, but that’s not the case yet.

I’m not going to write him off. If Thornton can simply act as a deep threat he will be fulfilling his role here, and given his speed that’s not a big ask. I would be more concerned if he was expected to be an all around receiver and wasn’t picking up the offense, but run fast and go deep aren’t especially confusing concepts. If you can catch two deep balls a game then defenses have to back off and respect that, and if he can’t provide that much then he will be a bust, but that’s not the case yet.
Looks like Pickens will be an all pro and Watson has the ceiling to be a numbed 1 ugh can’t believe I missed on this kid.
This is my Chad Jackson infatuation all over again.
Come on Thornton prove us wrong!
Let’s see more Adams and Hill and less Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson.

(music playing)
Shake shake, shake shake, shake your boutte
You can do it, do it
Come home with mama now (what is going on?!?!)

Woo woo hoo
Aah, run down to sister (this family is crazy!!!)

[This message in no way indicates negative implications for TT or positive response for any player drafted in the 6th round who played at LSU.]

I defended him all off-season. I figured he deserved the benefit of the doubt and not just lumped into Nkeal and Chad Jacks of Patriots Nation but wholly cow what a brutal start to the year. Hopefully he can still turn it around but hope is fading fast.

I don't think we are all alone. The common feeling amongst majority of pats fans is he is a bust. Notwithstanding an abomination of coaching last season, Thornton still hasn't shown us anything which brings us hope. Not even to the level that Meyers produced.

A reddit thread where majority opinion is this is Chad Jackson part 2.

If Boutte shines and Thornton doesn't show any spark, he is gonna be cut or traded . Why waste 1 year and opportunities on a prospect with minimal upside or potential .

His route running and speed should have improved now. If not, better to leave him in the tub.

Looks like Pickens will be an all pro and Watson has the ceiling to be a numbed 1 ugh can’t believe I missed on this kid.
This is my Chad Jackson infatuation all over again.
Come on Thornton prove us wrong!
Let’s see more Adams and Hill and less Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson.

Three things about George Pickens:

1) He was coming off of injuries and character concerns when he was drafted. It's hard to blame anyone for not wanting to take the risk.

2) The Steelers are a WR churning operation. There's a reason they are always referenced in juxtaposition with the Patriots when it comes to WR drafting: They're the outlier. Most teams don't develop WR's as well as they do, so Pickens ended up in the best spot he could.

3) He had a good year last year, but every "highlight" I see of him from Steelers camp is a contested catch in 1-on-1 drills. I'm sure he'll be good again this year, but when Parker makes a contested catch in practice people here say, "He can't separate" but when Pickens does it, it's "Look at this All-Pro". We also see his HIGHLIGHTS from camp while we're getting reports on every throw from Patriots camp. It's like when you see people's posts on Facebook and wonder why they have a better life than you. They don't. They just only post the good stuff.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Can we just wait?

Some of us. I'm spying for BB, he's taking names.
Well that's good, there's plenty of people here who feel they are smart enough to be on staff at some level. I myself am qualified to run a camera, so let me know if he wants me to update my resume.

It's not a great look being dinged up for the start of training camp.

That said, he played quite a bit last year and was healthy after returning from the broken collar bone.

He has rare speed and showed he can get open last year. I do not believe he is a bubble player at this time.

Tyquan's face is on a milk carton. :rofl:
Comedy Missing GIF by JAWNY

If we could give Harry Thorntons speed we may have a decent Jag wr.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back