PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Major Issues Have Been Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
******OFFICIAL RATIONALE FOR RATING YOUR POST WITH THE DISLIKE POST RATING******

I THE UNDERSIGNED, HERETOFORE REFERENCED AS FNORD J CIRCLE, HEREBY ATTEST THE FOLLOWING REASON(S) FOR RATING YOUR PATSFANS.COM POST WITH THE DISLIKE RATING:

[X] I did not like the content
[X] I did not like the tone.
[X] I have a personal childish grudge against you that I am enacting via the post rating system
[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am trying to make you angry
[X] I am bored

PLEASE REFER ALL FURTHER INQUIRIES TO THE MODERATION TEAM.
I think it only makes sense that if someone is going to register a "dislike" or "disagree," they should follow up with a post explaining why.

The only downside or way DT isn't "solved" is Shelton's and Malcolm Brown's contract status. They should both be extended if possible. Otherwise Brown, Shelton and Valentine if healthy is as solid a DT rotation as you'll find in the NFL.

The Burkhead signing was also a great move if he stays healthy, he is an every down back who can flex out to receiver. I would also address this position in the draft, we can't get Barkley obviously but I like Bo Scarbrough later.

******OFFICIAL RATIONALE FOR RATING YOUR POST WITH THE DISLIKE POST RATING******

I THE UNDERSIGNED, HERETOFORE REFERENCED AS FNORD J CIRCLE, HEREBY ATTEST THE FOLLOWING REASON(S) FOR RATING YOUR PATSFANS.COM POST WITH THE DISLIKE RATING:

[X] I did not like the content
[X] I did not like the tone.
[X] I have a personal childish grudge against you that I am enacting via the post rating system
[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am trying to make you angry
[X] I am bored

PLEASE REFER ALL FURTHER INQUIRIES TO THE MODERATION TEAM.

You would only add the "heretofore referenced as" if you were in fact going to reference yourself later. You did not. Disliked.

I'm wondering what's up with Gillislee, whether with Lewis gone he might actually see the field.

The Burkhead signing was also a great move if he stays healthy, he is an every down back who can flex out to receiver. I would also address this position in the draft, we can't get Barkley obviously but I like Bo Scarbrough later.

Why would you waste draft capital if you think the problem of the position has already been solved?

Otherwise Brown, Shelton and Valentine if healthy is as solid a DT rotation as you'll find in the NFL.

Based upon what theory?

Why would you waste draft capital if you think the problem of the position has already been solved?

Because I would upgrade and cut Gillislee, the guy telegraphs "run" every time they roll him out there and he's only about as talented as Law Firm.

Because I would upgrade and cut Gillislee, the guy telegraphs "run" every time they roll him out there and he's only about as talented as Law Firm.

Then you haven't solved the problem.

It's a gutless click of the mouse - like a hit and run driver.
I don’t even see a point in having it at all. If you post an explanation you don’t need to click dislike and it’s kind of childish to just do it without having the nuts to post why

Then you haven't solved the problem.

Teams have carried fewer then 5 RB's on a roster, RB is a position you can find in the late rounds and UDFA ranks. You can bring in 3 or 4 rookies.

Mass, speed, quickness, explosiveness, strength, youth, smarts and production.

Shelton has shown an inability to play well in a 4-3, to date. Valentine has not yet shown the ability to be a big time player, or even a starter. Brown has shown that he's an average to above average defensive lineman.

There are any number of 4-3 teams with better DTs, starting with the team that beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Teams have carried fewer then 5 RB's on a roster, RB is a position you can find in the late rounds and UDFA ranks. You can bring in 3 or 4 rookies.

But having the potential to solve the problem(s) of the position in the future is not the same as having said problem(s) already solved.

Shelton has shown an inability to play well in a 4-3, to date. Valentine has not yet shown the ability to be a big time player, or even a starter. Brown has shown that he's an average to above average defensive lineman.

There are any number of 4-3 teams with better DTs, starting with the team that beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Shelton got double teamed in Cleveland because he had nobody to his immediate side. Football doesn't happen in a vacuum. He's also really young and his best football is still ahead of him, if he still has the desire to improve. Being in a good organization is exactly what he needed before his career ends tragically or as a draft statistic. Tom Brady may have won a ring on another team, he only would have won 5 on the Patriots.

But having the potential to solve the problem(s) of the position in the future is not the same as having said problem(s) already solved.

We have Burkhead, White, Bolden and if we wanted to keep Gillislee for clock killing we could... I think we can do better.

Obviously there will be some rookie RB's in camp one way or another, there always is. You start with roughly 90 guys.

Shelton got double teamed in Cleveland because he had nobody to his immediate side. Football doesn't happen in a vacuum. He's also really young and his best football is still ahead of him, if he still has the desire to improve. Being in a good organization is exactly what he needed before his career ends tragically or as a draft statistic. Tom Brady may have won a ring on another team, he only would have won 5 on the Patriots.

That's almost completely irrelevant to what I posted. You're giving excuses for failure, but that doesn't magically morph the player into a success.

That's almost completely irrelevant to what I posted. You're giving excuses for failure, but that doesn't magically morph the player into a success.

He didn't play "poorly" I don't know why you're convinced of that. And I know PFF grades are laughable at time but they reflect at least a competency. He played well at times and showed durability... on a crappy team. You minimize the importance of team.

We have Burkhead, White, Bolden and if we wanted to keep Gillislee for clock killing we could... I think we can do better.

Obviously there will be some rookie RB's in camp one way or another, there always is. You start with roughly 90 guys.

They lost last year's RB1. They haven't replaced him. The result of this is that, as of now, the team would have to insert a player who couldn't crack the lineup last year as his replacement.

That's a problem, regardless of how often you try tossing out irrelevant cop outs like "90 guys!" or "Team!" or "Rookie RBs!".

He didn't play "poorly" I don't know why you're convinced of that.

Because he did play poorly compared to what was asked and expected, and he has not shown that he can be a great player, which is why he was available in the first place.

And I know PFF grades are laughable at time but they reflect at least a competency. He played well at times and showed durability... on a crappy team. You minimize the importance of team.

And you minimize the importance of thinking beyond "Team did it, it must be freakin' brilliant!". No team in the NFL is going to make my dead grandmother an NFL level cornerback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe