PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Major Issues Have Been Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to just dislike a post pointing out a simple reality, rather than explaining your issue.
There's no need to make a thread claiming 2 issues have been solved, when neither issue has been solved.

And, yet, here were were, with both of those things happening.

******OFFICIAL RATIONALE FOR RATING YOUR POST WITH THE DISLIKE POST RATING******

I THE UNDERSIGNED, HERETOFORE REFERENCED AS FNORD J CIRCLE, HEREBY ATTEST THE FOLLOWING REASON(S) FOR RATING YOUR PATSFANS.COM POST WITH THE DISLIKE RATING:

[X] I did not like the content
[X] I did not like the tone.
[X] I have a personal childish grudge against you that I am enacting via the post rating system
[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am trying to make you angry
[X] I am bored

PLEASE REFER ALL FURTHER INQUIRIES TO THE MODERATION TEAM.

In my opinion, we have bigger needs:

1- LT
2- D-end/edge rusher
3- linebacker
4- cb

But, I do think we could use upgrading at both positions, probably more so at RB. I think it's kind of a stretch to say two issues have been solved however.

A better interior line might make it easier for us to set the edge which could impact how much play time Elandon Roberts get, god bless him, he tries so hard but yeah, there is the ripple effect.

Very interested to see if McClellin can make a go of it.

******OFFICIAL RATIONALE FOR RATING YOUR POST WITH THE DISLIKE POST RATING******

I THE UNDERSIGNED, HERETOFORE REFERENCED AS FNORD J CIRCLE, HEREBY ATTEST THE FOLLOWING REASON(S) FOR RATING YOUR PATSFANS.COM POST WITH THE DISLIKE RATING:

[X] I have a personal childish grudge against you that I am enacting via the post rating system
[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am bored

Ok, that got me laughing. Good one

In addition to the usual key ST re-signings (King and Ebner), NT and RB are no longer issues.

NT
We added Shelton, in addition to having Valentine back.

RB
We have Bulkhead back (in addition to Gillislie, White, Develin and Bolden. We'll likely add a low level RB and a draftee or two, or perhaps a free agent to compete with Gillislie.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that folks keep putting Gillislie on any kind of depth chart. The guy was inactive from 11/12 thru 12/17, missing six games. He played against Buffalo on 12/24 and then he was done. I'll be surprised if he's on the opening day roster.

A reasonable opinion can be disliked because it was delivered in a smug manner.

Which begs the question how reasonable is an opinion that is not in fact presented in a reasonable manner?*

*(rest assured liking or disliking, agreeing or disagreeing with the above opinion will neither draw my ire nor give me the warm fuzzies however rating it a winner may be construed in some corners of the interwebs as making us bff's)

what's your ****ing problem? Do you even understand the implications of this action?

I will dislike every post you make for the rest of your posting career, bro
He'll do it too!

[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am bored

I dislike slug based hentai!

Bringing back Brittle Burkhead hardly solves the problem at RB. It helps, but the team still needs to invest more capital (whether that's another FA or a draft pick is anyone's guess) at the position. I would be surprised if Gillislee is still on the team in 2018.

linebackers

Without ‘em, everything else is just a waste of time and energy

Counting players returning from injury as solving a problem is asinine because it assumes we won't lose different players to injury this year

Bringing back Brittle Burkhead hardly solves the problem at RB. It helps, but the team still needs to invest more capital (whether that's another FA or a draft pick is anyone's guess) at the position. I would be surprised if Gillislee is still on the team in 2018.
The norm is 3 RBs plus bolden. Last year was the exception.
I always thought gillislee and burkhead were competing for reps in 2018 more than 2017 once Lewis was healthy.
White is the passing game back and burkhead can back him Up. Gillislee and burkhead are competing for starter and backup in the base. We may bring in competition but I think these are the roles and these are the players whose jobs they have to lose.

Counting players returning from injury as solving a problem is asinine because it assumes we won't lose different players to injury this year

But it's not asinine to hope that maybe this year's injury bug doesn't take our top receiver, another really good young receiver, our best and most important defender, our top-tier right tackle, two of our top three rookie prospects, a second linebacker (who we were counting on to help replace a guy who unexpectedly retired), or doesn't reduce our NT to a shell...

It seems a lot of energy is going into debating the definition of "solved."
I'm interpreting @mgteich 's definition as "adequate" and not necessarily "championship caliber."
On the other hand, the Pats teams are typically more "adequate" in personnel going into a season than anything else.
I'm thinking that the team is trying to get all positions up to "adequate" prior to the draft so they can draft the BPA rather than have to fill a hole. So getting a RB and DT signed helps with that.

Two major issues resolved, new holes to fill

It seems a lot of energy is going into debating the definition of "solved."
I'm interpreting @mgteich 's definition as "adequate" and not necessarily "championship caliber."
On the other hand, the Pats teams are typically more "adequate" in personnel going into a season than anything else.
I'm thinking that the team is trying to get all positions up to "adequate" prior to the draft so they can draft the BPA rather than have to fill a hole. So getting a RB and DT signed helps with that.

If simply playing Gillislee was the solution to losing Lewis, Gillislee would have been good enough to be playing at the end of last season.

[ ] I misclicked
[X] I am bored

whoops I misclicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents