A master debater and a cunning linguist
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
baseball = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

baseball = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

baseball has become pretty much unwatchable to me. 95% of the time the screen is filled with a man standing on grass between plays while riveting info such as the color of the green monster before it was painted in 1947 is passed on by the commentators. I watched like 15 minutes of the redsox for the first time this year last weekend and just couldn't withstand it, shut the tv down and wandered into the garage to clean. To *clean*.

baseball has become pretty much unwatchable to me. 95% of the time the screen is filled with a man standing on grass between plays while riveting info such as the color of the green monster before it was painted in 1947 is passed on by the commentators. I watched like 15 minutes of the redsox for the first time this year last weekend and just couldn't withstand it, shut the tv down and wandered into the garage to clean. To *clean*.

it is just so dam boring..i mean...i would rather watch tennis i think then baseball

it is just so dam boring..i mean...i would rather watch tennis i think then baseball

uh...finish fleshing that out..you'd rather watch female Russian blonds play tennis than baseball....

I shake my head laughing when I hear some of the yahoos calling up EEI and the Sports Hub saying they watch every single RS game of the season.

Makes me want to suggest they take a night off.....sit out in their backyard.....shine a flashlight on a patch of lawn.....and watch the grass grow.

Im almost certain the excitement would be equal and they'd save a bit of energy.

Honestly - the MLB and the NBA would be greatly served by a significant reduction in games per season.

What makes the NFL so popular isn't just the game itself but the fact that the games are all so much more meaningful than your average Sox game.

Baseball purists and bean counters in charge of MLB decisions would never put up with reducing the number of regular season games down to 30 or so but that would instantly make me interested in following the sport again, and I haven't followed it significantly since I was a kid watching the Patriots make it to SB XX.

A few years ago I was given free tickets to a Bankofamericasox playoff game vs. Tampa. The entire time, most people were talking, eating, reading, texting, etc. instead of actually watching what was happening on the field. It amazed me. In fact, when I think back on the experience, I ... :yawn: ... That is to say, I recall ... that ... :bored: ... I ... mean ... uh ... :sleep:

I used to love watching baseball but the time it takes for the pitcher to throw a pitch makes the game so sloooow. I wish they had some sort of shot clock for a pitcher to throw a ball and for batter's to get in the box (plus a limited amount of times where he could call time) just to speed up the game. If they did this, I'd watch a lot more games.

I used to love watching baseball but the time it takes for the pitcher to throw a pitch makes the game so sloooow. I wish they had some sort of shot clock for a pitcher to throw a ball and for batter's to get in the box (plus a limited amount of times where he could call time) just to speed up the game. If they did this, I'd watch a lot more games.

They do. But it is not enforced.

These are amazing stats as in the past this was always considered a baseball town with a very good football team.. now they are getting beat up very bad in exhibition games...

Wonder what the ratings were when the Sox were in Ft. Meyers and playing preseason baseball?? Do they televise preseason baseball???

MLB you have a problem, and sadly you do not recognize it.. even though most nights you fill a lot of stadiums, your product is boring....

Went to lunch around 2 PM yesterday hoping to get my sports radio Pats fix while eating my sandwich. Neither station even mentioned the Pats. I wonder if the network can gauge how many change the channel when they hear the word Luciano.

What doesn't help is the joke the sport is slowly becoming,with the way it deals with its drug cheats. A two time offender gets a 'slap on the wrist' suspension before coming back to earn his millions? Ban the moron for life if you're stupid enough to do it twice.

Fair play to Dempster for clouting him with a 92mph fast ball is all I have to say.

I have been to watch one baseball game and I have to say I found it thoroughly entertaining. However, I am in the UK and tend to just watch the highlights when I wake up the next day rather than stay up for all the games, so it's a bit of a novelty for people like me.

I can't sit at home late watching a game because it's enough to put me to sleep. No excitement.

I'm sorry, but I still hear a ton of baseball talk on the radio, even the sports hub. If I have to listen to anymore A-Rod being hit by a pitch crap, I am gonna have to slap a ho.

I like baseball (obvious by the screen name) but they play so many games it becomes background noise a lot of the time. You just can't compare it to the NFL where even the pre season and draft are events. Can you think of another league that could charge their fans $15 to watch pre season games?

What doesn't help is the joke the sport is slowly becoming,with the way it deals with its drug cheats. A two time offender gets a 'slap on the wrist' suspension before coming back to earn his millions? Ban the moron for life if you're stupid enough to do it twice.

While I also feel Baseball is a snooze, I have to say COME ON!! NFL has just as, if not more, tacit a drugs policy as NBA or MLB. NFL catches cheats ALL the time and that's for old-fashioned steroid use, and taps them on the wrist with a gentle 2-4 game suspension and their back in the season. NFL doesn't even try and do any testing for human growth hormones, or EPO, or blood transfusions or other substances. You think it's just a coincidence all these college players come into the NFL and suddenly in Year 2 they have all added 20-30 pounds of muscle. Yeah it's "supplements" all right.

Lets not pretend that NFL isn't absolutely riddled with rampant use of PEDs. It is. We love the big monsters on the OL and DL battle each other but they are not natural/normal people and it's not just genetics.

NFL has no interest in a stricter penalty or even more rigorous testing which all condones the use of PEDs by probably everyone.

I'm sorry, but I still hear a ton of baseball talk on the radio, even the sports hub. If I have to listen to anymore A-Rod being hit by a pitch crap, I am gonna have to slap a ho.

Radio?

You know the demographic that listens to radio????

Think about it for a second.

That would answer alot of questions about the preponderance of radio content (particularly, non-sports content).

While I also feel Baseball is a snooze, I have to say COME ON!! NFL has just as, if not more, tacit a drugs policy as NBA or MLB. NFL catches cheats ALL the time and that's for old-fashioned steroid use, and taps them on the wrist with a gentle 2-4 game suspension and their back in the season. NFL doesn't even try and do any testing for human growth hormones, or EPO, or blood transfusions or other substances. You think it's just a coincidence all these college players come into the NFL and suddenly in Year 2 they have all added 20-30 pounds of muscle. Yeah it's "supplements" all right.

Lets not pretend that NFL isn't absolutely riddled with rampant use of PEDs. It is. We love the big monsters on the OL and DL battle each other but they are not natural/normal people and it's not just genetics.

NFL has no interest in a stricter penalty or even more rigorous testing which all condones the use of PEDs by probably everyone.

Do you think a 2-time PED crook would be able to play out the last 2 months of a season and the playoffs in the NFL pending an "appeal" that somehow couldn't be heard within 100 days??????

Sorry. There may be just as many cheats in football - - but face facts - - they are treated differently than in the NFL.

The rivalry's been kind of muted in recent years... it certainly isn't what it was 10 years ago... the Sox have been down the last few years - and this year the Yankees are in 4th place...I'm sure that doesn't help with ratings for this rivalry either...

The problem with sports talk radio in this town even from the early days of WEEI is that the radio hosts love to go for the low hanging fruit of sports topics. Easier to talk about beaning A-Rod than analyze Friday night's game or preview Thursday's. Even most of the Patriots talk is still Tebow.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back