PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Turdsday Night Football Thread presented by Froob: Tampa Bay Succaneers vs Carolina Panthers

We really are blessed. Any given ten minutes of this game contained more mistakes and outright f-ups than we see out of New England in an entire season
I had the same feeling. Watching tonight’s game I can’t tell you how many times I said “thank God my team (and QB) doesn’t play like these losers.”

Well, we can think of Gerald McCoy as a potential half season rental when Carolina is 1-6 at the end of October. Only about $1.8 million cap hit for half the season.
If he’s cut, he’ll probably stay within the division if he can. Seems like why he chose Carolina in the first place.

I think it's fair to wonder if Newton's arm has come back to 100%.

No matter how far Cam throws the football, it always looks like he’s throwing it as hard as he can.

And what’s up with his obnoxious cadences at the line? Is he saying “reeeeeeadyyyyy”?

Perfect trade candidate:

O.J. Howard was not targeted in the Bucs' Week 2 win over the Panthers.
“We saw Howard lined up as a fullback more often than he was targeted. Brutal. Just brutal. The supposed breakout candidate now has just four catches for 32 yards through two games, drawing only five of Jameis Winston's 51 targets. Bruce Arians never featured tight ends in Arizona, but it was assumed to be a lack of talent. Perhaps that was wishful thinking. Howard is still too good of a player to drop off the TE1 map. The Giants will offer an excellent get-right spot for Week 3.”

Perfect trade candidate:

“We saw Howard lined up as a fullback more often than he was targeted. Brutal. Just brutal. The supposed breakout candidate now has just four catches for 32 yards through two games, drawing only five of Jameis Winston's 51 targets. Bruce Arians never featured tight ends in Arizona, but it was assumed to be a lack of talent. Perhaps that was wishful thinking. Howard is still too good of a player to drop off the TE1 map. The Giants will offer an excellent get-right spot for Week 3.”

I pondered about this myself but thought Brate their number 2 would be the target. Would love Howard with Watson in this offense.

Remember when half this board wanted to move on from that old style, slow footed QB , Tom Brady for the "new flava!" bigmouth chest pounding superman shirt wearing moronic narcissist, "CAYAM "Newton?

I do. The true chicken little Patriot brigade. Dumb blind bat idiots of a feather to the bitter end.

He did look like himself. That’s the issue.

That’s literally more than 3 off-target throws every quarter. One every five minutes. I wonder if anyone has been close to this bad since they started charting these passes.

What unbelievably bad football all around. Not just this game, every game I have seen so far has had at least one completely incompetent team.

Even last week’s “best” game of Saints/Texans was entertaining because both teams kept one upping each with worse situational football.

Perfect trade candidate:

I have him in fantasy. What a nightmare. Would be delighted to bring him aboard here though.

Perfect trade candidate:

I'd buy low in FFLs....

I CANT WAIT to see Cam’s postgame outfit at his
press conference.

My man NEVER disappoints.

Hilarity ensues........

Cam’s outfits are great, I love em.

I think it's fair to wonder if Newton's arm has come back to 100%.
I’m wondering if it ever will. 61% completion percentage throwing to open receivers so far this season. He’s been in the league 9 years and has taken a ton of hits. He was also wildly inaccurate against the blitz and was throwing off of his back foot so that would seem to support the hypothesis that he might have just become hit shy.

Newton has regressed badly. And that last play call...jesus...

Had money on Panthers, so I'm very annoyed at the outcome. It felt like Cam was doing everything possible to lose the ****ing game. Same goddamn drive, he turns the ball over twice. First the interception that gets erased by a penalty, then a fumble. Underthrowing, overthrowing, no bullet passes, no short passes to slow down the pass rush.

Then, on his final drive, the refs and the Bucs coaching staff were giving him every opportunity to score a game winning TD. I mean, refs giving him a first down when it was clearly short and the Bucs not challenging? Bucs trying to call 2 timeouts in a row (Even I knew you couldn't do that because you can't on Madden. lol.)? End zone was right the **** there, but against all odds Cam and the offense found a way to do the unthinkable -- lose. **** the Panthers.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back