PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Try to be positive for once

If you are going to take me on, consider cultivating enough integrity honestly to represent my views. At no point did I say there is "too much positivity" here. I have objected to this asinine mandate - frequently to be seen in a mod's posts - that we must limit ourselves to fanboy happy talk or run the risk being accused of being a "troll" for having driven such fragile participants as you apparently are into some sort of weepy, triggered condition. It is a foolish and unworthy request given the dismal state of our team. It is in effect a mandate that we limit ourselves to dishonest discussion in keeping with a state of delusion re the team's condition, which is a ridiculous request on any adult forum.

No one favors gratuitous negativity, but genuine discussion is simply not possible where one is forbidden to call a spade a spade, a failed coach a failed coach, a Pop Warner offense a Pop Warner offense.
You're an OK poster but jesus stop crying over a woman, man.

No one tells bacon what to do or post you can believe that.

positive?

Rhamondre stevenson is a good running back

Judon is good

I like Zappe

I'm fine with having a positivity thread. But I don't like how people always associate negativity with immaturity/trolling/"doomerism" and whatnot. Sometimes people can genuinely feel like the realistic take is one that isn't positive.

positive?

Rhamondre stevenson is a good running back

Judon is good

I like Zappe

I'm fine with having a positivity thread. But I don't like how people always associate negativity with immaturity/trolling/"doomerism" and whatnot. Sometimes people can genuinely feel like the realistic take is one that isn't positive.
And even more is the audacity that some people think they get to decide what is negative which typically is synonymous for "contrary to my personal opinion".

And even more is the audacity that some people think they get to decide what is negative which typically is synonymous for "contrary to my personal opinion".

Nah, it's possible to be objective about these kinds if things.

here's something positive, get in price for tomorrow's game is only $45, posted for those who might like to go to a game for cheap $...I'd post that in the pregame thread but apparently one of the mods was overly sensitive and banned me...

You deserve to be banned, early and often. If for no reason other than to put a lid on your incessant whining.

Nah, it's possible to be objective about these kinds if things.

You deserve to be banned, early and often. If for no reason other than to put a lid on your incessant whining.
posting facts is not whining, birdboy

We have a meaningful sample size with Mac with McDaniels last season. He was good then and isn’t now. So what changed?

The sample size we have for Zappe is 1 game vs GB where he was a game manager and nothing more…threw maybe 3 passes past the LOS, 2 decent but overhyped games vs the Lions and Browns- nothing that guys like Cooper Rush and Mike White haven’t done- and 1 awful game vs the Bears where they seemed to have figured him out and therefore was benched. So Mac with the much more significant sample size where he was good gets the benefit of the doubt imo and he should.

I get the sentiment that we don’t like Mac and his game and/or we don't think he's the guy. That doesn’t mean Zappe is good but at least Zappe will get another chance to compete for the job in camp.
First of all, Zappe didn't get benched. He is the rookie 3rd string back-up QB. Mac is the starting QB. The only QB that got benched was Mac in the CHI game.

As far as how they've done THIS season, including their entire body of work, Zappe has been better than Mac on almost every meaningful metric. Let's just look at QB ratings:

Mac ratings:
Kept clean: 98.7
Under pressure: 25.5
When Blitzed: 56.3

Zappe ratings:
Kept clean: 110.9
Under pressure: 62.2
When Blitzed: 121.8

Zappe is a 4th Rd rookie. Mac is a 2nd year veteran QB. These ratings should not be this far off. If anything, they should be reversed in Mac's favor.

As far as your endless speal about defenses figuring out Zappe because they've batted down 5 passes.

Batted%:
Joe Burrow (6'4"): 4.7
Trevor Lawrence (6'6"): 4.6
Zappe (6'1"): 5.4

Stop your nonsense dude.

Last edited:
posting facts is not whining, birdboy

In your alternative universe, petty grievance = fact. I know 13-year-old girls who whine less than.you.

Too many trolls on here now, there is no positivity with them. When the team wins, you hear nothing from them, in fact, the only time you hear from them is when we are losing. They contribute nothing to this forum and offer nothing but negativity.

I like to focus on the positive things and think some of these tough losses that we have had will only make our team better going forward!!!!

Let's go!!!!
Can't imagine what this place would be like if the Pats were actually bad, versus mediocre. I remember BAD.

There's a high of 18 degrees tomorrow. A lot of people are going to stay home for this one.
Advantage Mac. Less Booing. Or probably only Booers in the crowd. You come to see the game in the low temps and if performance is so so... Can't blame the fans...

Does it count as positive that I enjoyed Chandler Jones running over and burying Mac Jones and rumbling into the endzone? I found it all very cathartic. Having our own tuck rule moment and butt fumble in quick succession after such a frustrating game and season felt cleansing, like we can start anew, whether that's Sunday or next year.

Does it count as positive that I enjoyed Chandler Jones running over and burying Mac Jones and rumbling into the endzone? I found it all very cathartic. Having our own tuck rule moment and butt fumble in quick succession after such a frustrating game and season felt cleansing, like we can start anew, whether that's Sunday or next year.

Solid contender for bizarre post of 2022 by an alleged Patriots fan, in under the wire. :confused:

First of all, Zappe didn't get benched. He is the rookie 3rd string back-up QB. Mac is the starting QB. The only QB that got benched was Mac in the CHI game.
Sure whatever you want to call it. I still believe that was Zappe's one shot to put Mac on the bench permanently and he crapped the bed on national tv. Bill took a look at that and in practice and decided Mac was the better option going forward. The BB I know would notice Mac's pissy faces and hysterics and that would get him benched right away - if Zappe was good enough.

Again "he's not Mac" or "Mac is having a terrible season" which he is... doesn't mean Zappe is good. That's the same pro Stidham argument we heard a couple years ago. It just means the Patriots might need to find a QB this offseason.
As far as how they've done THIS season, including their entire body of work, Zappe has been better than Mac on almost every meaningful metric. Let's just look at QB ratings:

Mac ratings:
Kept clean: 98.7
Under pressure: 25.5
When Blitzed: 56.3

Zappe ratings:
Kept clean: 110.9
Under pressure: 62.2
When Blitzed: 121.8

Zappe is a 4th Rd rookie. Mac is a 2nd year veteran QB. These ratings should not be this far off. If anything, they should be reversed in Mac's favor.

As far as your endless speal about defenses figuring out Zappe because they've batted down 5 passes.

Batted%:
Joe Burrow (6'4"): 4.7
Trevor Lawrence (6'6"): 4.6
Zappe (6'1"): 5.4

Stop your nonsense dude.
Zappe has faced the 16th (Packers), 21st (Browns), 30th (Bears) and 31st (Lions) ranked scoring defenses in the league. Nothing more than one of many backup QB's who had some success vs bad teams who have no tape on him and turned into a pumpkin once defenses get a look on tape and game plan for him. If Zappe already had 5 passes batted down I'd hate to think what good defenses could do to him. Did Zappe even throw 5 passes over the line of scrimmage in the Packers game? He had 99 yards against them including OT and they're the best defense he played this year. If he gets another shot at the top job in camp he needs to be a lot better than that.

Mac might not get us to the playoffs this year. Zappe definitely won't.

Last edited:
Dude the Pats sucked for the majority of their history (even taking into account the 20 years of dominance we just witnessed). There's plenty of worse plays they've made over the years.

The False Laughingstock Narrative

Episodes & incidents, most of which are more accurately described as colorful, funny and charming are instead ridiculed due to resentment of Billy Sullivan.

Billy looks a lot better compared to the owners of today. His contemporaries are exposed today, torn down off their pedestals by the informed among us.

We won. More than most. Pride which SHOULD be encouraged in our old alumni is minimized by complicity in the denigration by ownership, and false regret reacting to this century's success, instead of just admiration and sharing in the good times.

I do not recall any Cubs fans moaning about how Ron Santo & Ernie Banks sucked.
What's really amazing to me about the NYFL is how much the owners can get away with. The players, especially compared to other sports, are in a much weaker position for some reason.

I was fine with Sullivan but I think he was in over his head financially.

I remember Yaz was the first Sox player to get 100 thousand and he took a lot of grief for jogging to 1st on a ground ball. I would have given him some grief too.

Positivity:

I love the young DB talent. Jack Jones, Marcus, Dugger.

I love the young RB talent. Rham and the two rookies.

I love the prospects of 2023 with the following: Invest in OL, a competent OC, a last place schedule, and Zappe winning the job in TC and getting all of the reps. Watching a QB with pocket presence and some field awareness will be fun again.

What's really amazing to me about the NYFL is how much the owners can get away with. The players, especially compared to other sports, are in a much weaker position for some reason.

I was fine with Sullivan but I think he was in over his head financially.

I remember Yaz was the first Sox player to get 100 thousand and he took a lot of grief for jogging to 1st on a ground ball. I would have given him some grief too.
The players have shorter careers in the NFL so their union doesn't have many legs to stand on when it comes to negotiations. The union bows to the owners because the union wants to make money for their players earlier rather than later...because usually there isn't a later.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back