PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Triplin blames team lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB is just classless by making other coaches look classless in comparison.

Where is the humanity?
What will the children think?

You'd think after a win, I'd be feeling less sarcastic :D. Nothing Tomlin said was wrong, but he should have included himself in the list of things to be improved.

A coach has to be a leader

leader 101: take the blame, spread the credit

the problem w/ NFL coaches is that they're hired on previous accomplishments, or X & Os...but they are not hired as leaders, thats why so many of them suck at the position, you show me a coach thats nto a leader, ill show you a bad coach

I watched his conference. He blamed everyone while never mentioning coaching. Correction, he did mention twice that he had told them blah blah blah and they didn't do it. Lost any respect I had for the guy with that self-serving performance

I'm pretty amused this morning by all the hot takes from Steelers fans about how they're gonna beat us in January at full strength. I don't know what kind of fantasy land they're living in where a team is fully healthy in the playoffs, but I guarantee that they'll be missing several significant pieces, and so will we (hopefully not too many). If we lived in this land where everyone was healthy in January, the Patriots probably win the Superbowl at least three out of the last five years. Maybe Steelers fans should get their coach's brain at full strength so he doesn't decide to kick a 54 yard field goal instead of trying to convert 4th and 3 with the best RB in the league at the end of the game. Not sure they can fix that one though.

I'm pretty amused this morning by all the hot takes from Steelers fans about how they're gonna beat us in January at full strength. I don't know what kind of fantasy land they're living in where a team is fully healthy in the playoffs, but I guarantee that they'll be missing several significant pieces, and so will we (hopefully not too many). If we lived in this land where everyone was healthy in January, the Patriots probably win the Superbowl at least three out of the last five years. Maybe Steelers fans should get their coach's brain at full strength so he doesn't decide to kick a 54 yard field goal instead of trying to convert 4th and 3 with the best RB in the league at the end of the game. Not sure they can fix that one though.
And more likely than not, they'll be in Foxboro. they probably forget to factor that in as well.

It's taken me a long time, but I just realized why Tomlin hates the Patriots, and why Tomlin can be a self-serving weasel. Before he became Steelers HC, he was DC under Brad Childress in Minnesota. I can't believe I never made that connection before. He comes from that loser's coaching branch. Granted he only worked with Childress for one year (they never overlapped otherwise), but even minor exposure creates a stench that's difficult to remove. It's like saying, "But I only went to Chernobyl for a 3 hour tour, it's not like I stayed a week there."

It's taken me a long time, but I just realized why Tomlin hates the Patriots, and why Tomlin can be a self-serving weasel. Before he became Steelers HC, he was DC under Brad Childress in Minnesota. I can't believe I never made that connection before. He comes from that loser's coaching branch. Granted he only worked with Childress for one year (they never overlapped otherwise), but even minor exposure creates a stench that's difficult to remove. It's like saying, "But I only went to Chernobyl for a 3 hour tour, it's not like I stayed a week there."

Yep. That was the year Brady shredded his D for 31 points and a ton of yards on a Monday Night game and chose not to run the football because the Vikes were #1 vs the run that year.

I give Tomlin credit as he has yet to have a losing season and his players always play hard but he is a jerk.

Is that ultimately the Tony Dungy tree as well? Or am I getting my wires crossed?

Is that ultimately the Tony Dungy tree as well? Or am I getting my wires crossed?

Chiming in here....

He did start w/ Dungy in 2001 in TB and stayed on under Gruden until 2005.

****head Childress was a Andy Reid guy in Philly.

I don't blame Tomlin for not being BB. The list of guys who aren't as good as BB is a long one, and there's no shame in not being the best of all time.

But I do blame Tomlin for throwing his guys under the bus and making up all sorts of excuses. It's always something with this guy, which reminds me of last year's game when he was crying over the headsets despite being able to listen to what we were doing! I loved BB's comments after Tomlin's tears and a similar ESPN report complaining about the Patriots. I always think of them when I think of Tomlin.

Bill Belichick said:
"Our program is built on competition and working hard and not built on excuses."

Belichick defends Pats: Program is built on hard work, not excuses

Mike Tomlin is definitely one of my least favorite head coaches in the NFL. His teams constantly underachieve. I believe their record when favored by over a TD on the road is something like 2-14. Typical rah-rah cheerleader with little knowledge of the complexities of the game. Loves to throw others under the bus and make excuses. A guy who literally tripped an opposing player whines to the media about headsets not working (and both sides had the same disadvantage, and it's been documented these things have happened in Pittsburgh late in games.) I can't believe the Steelers haven't seen through his act after all these years. If it weren't for John Harbaugh, he would be my number one most hated.

Belichick = Teacher

Tomlin = Dictator

Mike Tomlin is definitely one of my least favorite head coaches in the NFL. His teams constantly underachieve. I believe their record when favored by over a TD on the road is something like 2-14. Typical rah-rah cheerleader with little knowledge of the complexities of the game. Loves to throw others under the bus and make excuses. A guy who literally tripped an opposing player whines to the media about headsets not working (and both sides had the same disadvantage, and it's been documented these things have happened in Pittsburgh late in games.) I can't believe the Steelers haven't seen through his act after all these years. If it weren't for John Harbaugh, he would be my number one most hated.

He's moving up the ranks for sure these last couple years. I also hate teams that whine about every play on the field, make calls for the umps, histrionics, etc. All stems from coaching from what I've observed.

Overall Mike Tomlin as a good NFL coach who has built a solid program, by NFL standards, in Pittsburgh. (8-8 or so in down years, and 11-5 contenders in good ones) You don't do that consistently in the current NFL if you suck as a HC. So let's start from there.

He clearly is a good leader who gets his team to play hard for him and like all decent coaches holds his teams accountable as individuals. But like most guys who aren't BB, he has some consistent flaws. Most of them come during games. His game management (at least when he plays the Pats) is often suspect. He wasted TO's, had a bad challenge, and his decision to try a 54 yd FG on a 4th and 2 at the Pats 36, behind by 11 was simply a gift to us. Remember for some reason kicking 45 yd FG's in Pittsburgh is often not a great percentage play. You'd have to think 4th and 2 with the best RB in the game and a good OL, would have given you a better shot. In that sense he's a lot like Rex. He has a lot of good HC's qualities, but you know BB will have a big advantage most of the time.

In keeping with the "I'm another spoiled pats fan" theme. I think after watching the BEST HC in NFL history and the BEST QB in NFL history for 16+ years; it's probably unfair to judge other HC's and QB's by the same standards. The only error Tomlin made in his post game rant was not including himself and his staff. But that's just my opinion from afar.

Maybe after THIS particular loss, he felt he needed to put it all on his players in order to get them on to the next game in the right frame of mind. Maybe he wanted to make the point that "we gave you a winning game plan" even without Ben and the rest. You saw that yourself, being only behind by a point at 2/3rds through the 3rd quarter. YOU didn't fully execute it. No injury excuses. We didn't win because you didn't make the plays when they were there. Do what we say, and the next time you'll win" Or in other words, in BB speak, "do your job".

Sometimes there might be a calculated reason for a coach not to include themselves as the problem. Of course there IS an obvious risk that goes along with that strategy. Clearly he thinks that this is the way to go, and is the best tack to take for HIS team.

But we judge him under the banner of "what BB would do". Well what BB does is what HE thinks is best for HIS team and not what might be best for some other organization. Personally I LOVE BB's egoless approach, but that doesn't mean that on specific occasions the other way might work too.

I need to know who the Steelers' WR evaluator and positional coach is. They seem to nail it on WRs at a really high rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back