PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown saying right things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty basic comments from him.

Trent Brown is a 7th round draft choice.
Life after football will not be easy at his size...or inexpensive.
Take the money. You’ve already won a Super Bowl ring.

I loved what Brown did for us, and if he stays I'll be very happy. But Flowers is 100% the priority if you have to choose between the two. He's far and away our best defensive lineman (maybe sneakily our best defensive player, close with Gilmore), and I trust Scar to coach up the line again next year. Plus, the rest of our OL is VERY solid. Finding a decent LT (whether Wynn or another rental trade) to complement that doesn't feel as daunting to me as replacing a disruptive DE.

Trent Brown is a 7th round draft choice.
Life after football will not be easy at his size...or inexpensive.
Take the money. You’ve already won a Super Bowl ring.

Reluctantly agree. I would guess a 6'8", 380 pound man probably has neither a long NFL career or even lifespan, or at least has the odds against him. Hope he stays.

Glad BB has an economics background in addition to has vast FB knowledge.
He understands the market and what the teams needs from a team building POV.
WE are a very lucky fanbase.

Brown was a product of Scar and a QB with a superior understanding of the right play call, where the ball was going and how to get it out quickly......he was an excellent run blocker, but IMHO fair in the pass blocking scheme, just fit what we needed there......big body, could hold the block for 2 seconds......but he was also exposed in space

would love him here for the right price......but i don't see that right price coming......someone is going to overpay for him, and he is going to become some GMs albatross......they will overpay for a guy who can't pass block at a high level out of the right system

Relative to LT, DE is a revolving door....Brown is the 4th starting LT for the pats in the last 30 years....how many starting DE’s have we had?

NFW, the Pats have shown time and again they are excellent when it comes to finding and coaching up o-lineman. Flowers is the much more difficult player to replace

LT is the most important position on either line if you have a right-handed QB. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference how good the pass rush is if they cannot protect the 42-year-old QB. It all begins and ends with keeping #12 upright and healthy.

We just saw the greatest three-game playoff pass protection in Patriots history. There is no reason to mess around with that by letting the starting LT leave. Not only can Brown pass block, he's a solid edge blocker in the run game. I suspect Isaiah Wynn will be versatile in the run/short pass game, especially downfield. But we have zero proof Wynn can pass block bigger, faster DLs like the guys we saw in the playoffs.

If somebody has a name of a proven veteran on the tip of their tongue that the Patriots could bring in to do the job that Trent Brown did this season, I want to see it.

Brown was a product of Scar and a QB with a superior understanding of the right play call, where the ball was going and how to get it out quickly......he was an excellent run blocker, but IMHO fair in the pass blocking scheme, just fit what we needed there......big body, could hold the block for 2 seconds......but he was also exposed in space

would love him here for the right price......but i don't see that right price coming......someone is going to overpay for him, and he is going to become some GMs albatross......they will overpay for a guy who can't pass block at a high level out of the right system

If you don'r think Trent Brown is fair as a pass blocker, why then does he show up as #1 on the LT free agent list?

NFL free agency: Top 5 offensive tackles that should interest the Bengals

If you don'r think Trent Brown is fair as a pass blocker, why then does he show up as #1 on the LT free agent list?

NFL free agency: Top 5 offensive tackles that should interest the Bengals

He is a solid LT but not elite. He had a good last 3,4 games but lets not forget that he also had his struggles during the season plus penalties.

NE traded for an overweight 5th round RT and put him at blindside. Everybody had questionmarks but it seemed to work just fine. There sure are other trade options out there this offseason.

I think they like the rook and Cannon they would like Brown at 9 or 10 but he can get 16 on the market.

Wonder if we could a scenario where Cannon is a cap cut and Pats go with Brown & Wynn. Cannon will be 31 and has injury history. Brown & Wynn will be 26 & 22. Cutting Cannon the savings would be
'19-$4.6m (post 6/1 cut $6m)
'20-$6.3m
'21-$6.2m

Brown doesn't watch film...

you think BB is gonna pay a dude 10M+/yr who doesn't watch film?

nope

A lot of Teams are waaay under the Cap Mount Brown will get paid. He ain't taking that Patriots 9 or 10 Mill over a Jet - Browns or Bufallo 12 - 14 Mill.

nope

How do you know he doesn’t watch film?

nope
Did LT watch film?
BB ❤️ LT

Was a pretty dumb trade for the 49ers, don’t give away o line depth for a minor pick upgrade. Damn he was only 1.9 mill for us last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News