PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Travis Kelce Explains How Chiefs Weren’t Ready For Patriots In AFC Title Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiefs tight end appeared on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Thursday to discuss the Chiefs’ AFC Championship Game loss to the New England Patriots. The 29-year-old said they weren’t totally ready for the Patriots, who were much more aggressive than he and his team expected.

“Grabbing and holding”. What a joke spoken by the guy who preemptively and blatantly pushed off J.C. Jackson on his two biggest plays of the game.

So he’s saying they weren’t ready to play physical football. Okay then. I always thought football was a physical game, but there you go. The wide receiver who operates under the TE moniker has spoken! He’s a wuss.

Kelce is such a moron I'm surprised he's ready for gravity on any given day

“Grabbing and holding”. What a joke spoken by the guy who preemptively and blatantly pushed off J.C. Jackson on his two biggest plays of the game.

I listened to Matt Chatham’s podcast before the AFCCG and he said (paraphrasing) that the Chiefs run a timing offense and you disrupt that by jamming the receivers at the LOS. It was nothing groundbreaking, but Chatham pointed out that the Colts D let the Chiefs receivers off the line clean and got carved up. It would only make sense to try something different. The bigger surprise was that the Chiefs didn’t expect that from NE.

I listened to Matt Chatham’s podcast before the AFCCG and he said (paraphrasing) that the Chiefs run a timing offense and you disrupt that by jamming the receivers at the LOS. It was nothing groundbreaking, but Chatham pointed out that the Colts D let the Chiefs receivers off the line clean and got carved up. It would only make sense to try something different. The bigger surprise was that the Chiefs didn’t expect that from NE.
Idiots

I love it.
I've hated him since his tough guy, Gangsta talk garbage started years ago.

Just a lot of talk. And his pre game, mocking of TB on the sidelines was the icing on the cake.

I was so surprised/impressed by the Pats physicality post season, and hope it continues!!!

...And as far as his whining about the "Holding, penalties? .. Waaah waaah!!!:( LOL. Get in line, take a number.

He should NEVER be mentioned in Gronks league again. IMO

Kelce thinks that was tough? Try getting mugged up and down the field like Gronk and never get calls because you are too big. Kelse wouldn't last a second in Gronks world. Calling him a TE is an insult to the position. He is a diva WR.

Hey...I loo0ked up Kelce's family "tree"...yup, it's true

il_340x270.1356494556_g6pi.jpg

It's the west coast offense. We did the same with Green Bay to throw off Rodgers earlier in the year.

I didn't watch/read it. however, based on other posters saying TK said the Chiefs weren't ready for the Patriots to be so aggressive/physical?
Anything is, um, possible? But it's the AFCCG in below freezing weather. It's hard to believe the prime directive of every team isn't to be 100% ready if not fully expect the other team to be much more hyper aggressive in every area of the field. Again it's the AFCCG, how can you not expect hyper aggressive physical play above and beyond what a team might do/did in the regular season?

He also said everyone out there is sick of the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe