PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Pats fan in Atlanta, I've watched Sanu more than most anyone on this board and I can flat out say you are wildly underestimating him. The key is to put him in the best position to succeed. The Falcons did it by having Julio demand double coverage, Calvin Ridley occupying the next best corner and TE Austin Hooper demanding a lot of attention from the safeties. Suddenly Sanu is covered by a linebacker or just flat out ignored. Voila! Suddenly he's an effective NFL receiver!

Last edited:
As a Pats fan in Atlanta, I've watched Sanu more than most anyone on this board and I can flat out say you are wildly underestimating him. The key is to put him in the best position to succeed. The Falcons did it by having Julio demand double coverage, Calvin Ridley occupying the next best corner and TE Austin Hooper demanding a lot of attention from the safeties. Suddenly Sanu is covered by a linebacker or just flat out ignored. Voila! Suddenly you've got an effective NFL receiver!
I liked your post and I hope you are right

Last year he was hurt, fine, lets ignore some very bad tapes; this year, on practice videos, Im not impressed, but hey, thats a dumb sample size and i know it

I know its a dead horse, but i always think: This guy cost us a 2nd round pick. That stings me more than Harry's situation, cause at least I could see what they envision with the pick...

I dislike Sanu and its BB's Fault

At the draft, BB commented that the team had invested heavily at WR last year, referring to Harry and Sanu. Those 2 are locks, barring injury, so everyone here better get used to that idea. I like both of them, they'll have good seasons.

JE's in, so everyone else is competing for 3 spots. Speed will count for a lot, cause none of the 3 locks are very fast - so either Byrd or Thomas. Gunner looks like he's in, so that's 5. After that, prob Meyers if I were guessing.

As a Pats fan in Atlanta, I've watched Sanu more than most anyone on this board and I can flat out say you are wildly underestimating him. The key is to put him in the best position to succeed. The Falcons did it by having Julio demand double coverage, Calvin Ridley occupying the next best corner and TE Austin Hooper demanding a lot of attention from the safeties. Suddenly Sanu is covered by a linebacker or just flat out ignored. Voila! Suddenly he's an effective NFL receiver!
Alternatively, put AJ Green in his prime on the otherside and match with an effective TE....was TJ Houzhamadia on that Bengals team too?

Alternatively, put AJ Green in his prime on the otherside and match with an effective TE....was TJ Houzhamadia on that Bengals team too?
No, he hasn’t played in CIN since 2008.

There is no wr in the nfl who is flat out ignored. If there were he would catch a pas every single play. And Sanu wasn’t ever covered by a Lb unless it was a zone. Any wr covered by a lb in man would also get targeted every play.

There is no wr in the nfl who is flat out ignored. If there were he would catch a pas every single play. And Sanu wasn’t ever covered by a Lb unless it was a zone. Any wr covered by a lb in man would also get targeted every play.
I don't think "ignoring" was meant literally. More like, teams will focus on taking out the best players and forcing a guy like Sanu to have to make plays.

Yeah, it's the same nonsense every year, and every day. And it's usually the same ridiculous homers refusing to learn from history.

Says the guy who has never learned from history and continues making the same BS claims year after year. *SMH*

We are a WR desperate team, especially without Sanu. One or two injuries and it's scary.

My point is nobody's going to trade for Sanu at 6.5. He's an obvious cut IMO by anyone, if he doesn't renegotiate.

Why is Sanu an "obvious" cut at 6.5M? He gives the Pats a 2nd legitimate WR behind Edelman. He's got a different skill set than Harry or Gunner or Meyers. And the Pats don't need the Cap space for this season because of the opt outs.

Sanu did just fine in Cincy when he was the #2 WR opposite Green.
Sanu did just fine in Atlanta when he was the #2 WR opposite Jones.

Yes, his best year was in 2018 when Atlanta moved away from passing to it's RBs and focused more on the WRs and TEs..

Why is Sanu an "obvious" cut at 6.5M? He gives the Pats a 2nd legitimate WR behind Edelman. He's got a different skill set than Harry or Gunner or Meyers. And the Pats don't need the Cap space for this season because of the opt outs.

I would say that Sanu and Meyers have a very similar skill set - Maybe Meyers isn't as good of a route runner, but slow and tall with good hands

Zuma,

From what I have read from multiple sources, it looks like Gunner has passed Meyers on the depth chart...will be rooting for Gunner to get to get on the team.

I have 7 including Slater making the 53 ... which I know 6 is more likely. But yeah...Meyers is in trouble.

WR (7) J.Edelman, M.Sanu, N.Harry, D.Byrd, G.Olszewski, J.Meyers, M.Slater

Do you think people looked at Sanu as a fast runner?

rofl.gif

First rule of holes
Sanu's incredible picture perfect route running is a joy to behold, it's like watching Niccolò Paganini play a Stradivarius, like watching Eddie Van Halen shred a guitar... only he's slower out of his breaks than Harry and Jakobi according to an actual stopwatch.

Not a stretch to say we could someday win a superbowl with Cam.

Gunner, Byrd, Jakobi, the UDFA's... they have some options and depth.
Is Gunner your #2 or #3? Which of these will beat out the best corners in the league?

Unless they found a trade partner for Sanu offering at least a 4th rounder, there's no need to cut him. There will be injuries and the Pats don't need the cap space.

Sanu's incredible picture perfect route running is a joy to behold, it's like watching Niccolò Paganini play a Stradivarius, like watching Eddie Van Halen shred a guitar... only he's slower out of his breaks than Harry and Jakobi according to an actual stopwatch.

Nobody thought Sanu was a speed guy in the first place, so what's your point here? Are you trying to argue that Harry's ok because he's a sneeze faster than a guy who seems to have lost some of his already not impressive game speed and has people wondering if he'll make the team?

Seriously, stop digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back