PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

Fisch on Newton:

Howe saying some of the missing players yesterday were part of the COVID false positive cluster****:

So let see if they can be back at practice today or if they have to wait out a couple more tests. Hoping to see Jeff Thomas back on the field.

Last edited:

286604555f918f16ac6cd6d335638995.png

Last edited:
I don't know if this was discussed yesterday but it seems very discouraging.

Work ethic could be an issue there. No excuse for being out of shape.

f5ce0285456b6d69bdc2762eab377bd1.png

Last edited:
Work ethic could be an issue there. No excuse for being out of shape.

He wouldn't have passed the camp conditioning test if he was "out of shape". If I had to guess the largest odds would go to "dehydration".

Seems some "fans" are just hoping and wishing for Harry to be a bust.

Getting the feeling that Meyers might end up missing the roster with Gunner coming on so strong. Jakobi's strengths overlap with so many other players and he doesn't bring anything unique to the table (like e.g. Byrd with his speed).

That is unless Sanu plays himself out of a roster spot with an uninspired camp. A 0$ deadcap hit is always something to keep an eye on.

Getting the feeling that Meyers might end up missing the roster with Gunner coming on so strong. Jakobi's strengths overlap with so many other players and he doesn't bring anything unique to the table (like e.g. Byrd with his speed).

That is unless Sanu plays himself out of a roster spot with an uninspired camp. A 0$ deadcap hit is always something to keep an eye on.
Sanu and Jakobi are interchangeable, difference is Meyers is cheap.

Sanu is Sanu... it doesn't matter if his routes are pretty or whatever the superlatives get heaped on him. He's a good 3 or 4, he's a possession receiver... he's not fast.

The Pats may value his experience but if they were smart they would go with the less expensive youth movement and trade him to a WR desperate team after camp.

Harry supposedly was sick and that is why he missed time. He may not be totally back.

Myers was a favorite of mine and would rather keep him over Sanu....who I never wanted on this team.

I have 7 including Slater making the 53 ... which I know 6 is more likely. But yeah...Meyers is in trouble.

WR (7) J.Edelman, M.Sanu, N.Harry, D.Byrd, G.Olszewski, J.Meyers, M.Slater

f4303c4ac02d5c6ac49c6eca2e7ca3e8.png

I have 7 including Slater making the 53 ... which I know 6 is more likely. But yeah...Meyers is in trouble.

WR (7) J.Edelman, M.Sanu, N.Harry, D.Byrd, G.Olszewski, J.Meyers, M.Slater
Replace sanu or Myers with a speedier guy like Ross

Sanu is Sanu... it doesn't matter if his routes are pretty or whatever the superlatives get heaped on him. He's a good 3 or 4, he's a possession receiver... he's not fast.

Route running is the second most important skill of a WR. Straight line speed is near the bottom of the list. Speed alone gets you Josh Boyce.

Guys on the live feed at Pats.com were finding it hard not too sound overly negative on Sanu's performance to date ! Maybe he has tired himself out with all those pre camp vids on instachat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes