PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard they may bring back Nick Folk to push young Justin Rohrwasser. As really not having no preseason games could hurt the rookies there. As also having mini camps viral. Justin either is very raw or has a minor injury. If Nick kicks for the Patriots, expect Jake B to keep kickoffs. But if Justin gets healthy, he will just let Jake B punt. Jake's punting average kind of hurt when he was told to do both P and kickoffs.

Regarding the offense: "We are going to see significant changes to New England’s offensive scheme, a drastic shift from the Brady era."

"On Friday, McDaniels told CLNS Media that he’s drawing inspiration from Newton himself and quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch to adapt the scheme to his new quarterback’s strengths. "

Called this a long time ago.

Damien Harris: I think him and Michel should share duties on early downs and see who gets the hot hand.

N’Keal Harry: Lazar nails it on Harry. He really needs to improve getting out of his breaks and needs to be more of an"Alpha". He's a physically imposing WR and needs to set the tone for the group.

Mohamed Sanu: Lazar's surprise cut/trade candidate but they should keep him due to the possibility of injuries with this group.

Isaiah Wynn: Wynn is going to be a good T for years to come.

Shaq Mason: Good to hear about Mason.

Chase Winovich: disappointing to hear this so far.

JC Jackson: Pay him now!

Joejuan Williams: He's my trade candidate. 49ers would be a great landing spot.

I think trading Joejuan Williams To SF for Solomon Thomas and a late pick would be worth entertaining.

Always thought he could be a better player here due to his miss usage in San Francisco.

Supposedly he’s having a decent camp playing the 3 tech position. We have a need there.

Last edited:
Too many Ifs along the OL (especially at RT) for my taste...One reason why I'm not in favor of trading Thuney for Anybody.

This OL is average if Thuney is traded. He won’t be unless the Pats are blown away by a offer, which they won’t be. It’s a pretty good OL.

Heard they may bring back Nick Folk to push young Justin Rohrwasser. As really not having no preseason games could hurt the rookies there. As also having mini camps viral. Justin either is very raw or has a minor injury. If Nick kicks for the Patriots, expect Jake B to keep kickoffs. But if Justin gets healthy, he will just let Jake B punt. Jake's punting average kind of hurt when he was told to do both P and kickoffs.

Actually, Rohrwasser is nursing an injur. That's why Folk is being brought in.

From Lazar's magnus opus that BGC linked:

Thanks, luuked. I wish id only read this. The rest is quite mediocre run through the roster w just quick personal observations & wo any meat. No line-ups, units, formations, 1v1, situational replacements, team dynamics, context to tasks at hand and his evaluations... I found Reiss regular notebook more informative. In a year wo preseason games id thought somebody would step up with more in depth reporting or at least lay out the basic stuff we were used to in these threads previous years - so at least the units, line-ups, rotations, # of reps that is not just QBs..

The way he raves about Elm, Cunningham and Herron calling them an upgrade at RT seems quite over the top. I hope he is half right though.. ;)

Nothing against the boy btw, he does decent job on the most part during the year.. but its all about quick twitter takes these days.. I wish Ian would send one of you guys there :)

Last edited:
"On Friday, McDaniels told CLNS Media that he’s drawing inspiration from Newton himself and quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch to adapt the scheme to his new quarterback’s strengths. "

Called this a long time ago.

Chase Winovich: disappointing to hear this so far.

Jesus, you really love to pump your own tires.

Regarding Wino, what about this do you find disappointing???

"Chase Winovich: Winovich is building on a strong rookie season with more of the same in his second year. He’s got a great initial burst off the line, hustles, operates in the scheme well, and can chase down ball carriers coming across the formation. He hasn’t done anything that suggests his snaps won’t dramatically increase this season."

Lighten up, Francis.

It's a joke about how he's run so far. Untwist your panties, because discussions about his playing speed and struggles playing fast enough to get separation is not something limited to a couple of people on a sports forum. His track time while running in his underwear ceased to have any meaning the moment he actually got on the football field and we saw his game speed. And you can like a team but not like a player, just as you can like a player but not like a team.

If you can't take a little bit of humor about Harry's questionable speed, humanity may not be for you.

1. There are lingering questions about Harry but speed isn't one of them. He is plenty fast for a 225-230 lb player.

2. Not liking a player who has been given ample opportunity to perform (Richards is a good example for many here) is different than labeling a hard-working 22 year-old kid who disappointed as a rookie for a number of reasons a bust before he play a single snap in year 2 and, in some cases, rooting for him to fail.

3. I prefer humor to be humorous. I'm weird like that.

It's a good year to develop Rohr on the 16 man PS and learn from Folk.

I'm looking forward to Newton throwing a deep ball that ISN'T into triple coverage...

I may be overreacting but I 100% support cutting Sanu in order to keep one of the better performers in camp. Sanu can be cut with no dead money, and since N'Keal Harry is a lock, there is no point keeping Sanu, who isn't exactly fast, either. Size isn't that big of an issue when we just drafted Asiasi at TE, who is most likely going to provide more than the TEs of last season did.

Edelman, Harry, Byrd, Gunner, maybe Devin Ross, who has been doing well in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back