PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Since the prospect of a 2020 championship seems very unlikely, I’d be ok going with « any receiver ». If that means Ross, O and Byrd while dumping Sanu, Meyers... so be it. I know BB always has the «earn it mentality », I care less about keeping vets this season than ever.

Also, I thought Folk was one of the best stories of a forgettable season. Looks like they are adding him. I like it. He might not make the ProBowl, but he was dependable on almost every occasion.

Also, I thought Folk was one of the best stories of a forgettable season. Looks like they are adding him. I like it. He might not make the ProBowl, but he was dependable on almost every occasion.

My issue with Folk that I don't see brought up ever is that his pretty good accuracy rate last year was partially due to the team electing against attempting field goals in a lot of situations they would have kicked with Gostkowski. This is anecdotal of course, but I remember a lot of occasions last season where we got most of the way down the field and punted anyway.

My issue with Folk that I don't see brought up ever is that his pretty good accuracy rate last year was partially due to the team electing against attempting field goals in a lot of situations they would have kicked with Gostkowski. This is anecdotal of course, but I remember a lot of occasions last season where we got most of the way down the field and punted anyway.

They want someone who has experience kicking in the elements. This shortens the list of vets a lot. As of right now Folk looks more like an insurance policy anyway.

Not sure what's going on with Stidham, but obviously there's some sort of issue if he's on the field but not throwing.

Not sure what's going on with Stidham, but obviously there's some sort of issue if he's on the field but not throwing.
It’s been reported that he has a hip or groin problem.

Seems like he is getting more comfortable by the day.

Hopefully he can put up a couple of days like that in a row and BB starts shifting the number of reps more into Cam's favor soon.

... and finally bringing back Gilmore to practice.. ;)

I would hope we will see less players missing practice this week as there are only 2 weeks to go until the 53 man cut off......I think Thomas at WR has only practiced twice so far ?

I'd love to hear from the folks that are ready to give up on Harry who they'd should bring in at a comparable price. Just practically due to the economic factors involved with rookie deals I don't see a reason to move on from him at all.

It is not only way too early in terms of number of years to talk about moving on but even within this season it is absolutely premature to evaluate someone one way or the other. Give it at least 10-12 days of padded practice.
I'm not advocating releasing Harry; it's not like there's a bumper crop of prospects behind him or anything obviously...He'll be gone by the end of 2022 at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back