PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be ironic if the defense holds the team back.

Obviously WR/TE are thin, but the front seven is looking like it may be the biggest problem.
I agree that the front 7 is a big problem (we need one more quality DT & DE & LB), but it's still not as big a problem as WR/TE is (unless Asiasi/Keene become the next Gronk/Late Prisoner).

Harry will make his presence felt once (and if) he stays healthy. He's a gamer and has the size/speed/agility combo that turns him into a home run threat with the ball in his hands.

The key is getting the ball in his hands.
Not sure about those last two qualities unfortunately.

Not sure about those last two qualities unfortunately.

Certainly hasn’t done anything to stand out. Think his one claim to fame so far was called back vs kc last year.

Still hoping the guy does well and we see the strengths we’ve heard about when they drafted him. Primarily being what he does when he has the ball in his hands after the catch.

I'm not advocating releasing Harry; it's not like there's a bumper crop of prospects behind him or anything obviously...He'll be gone by the end of 2022 at the latest.

If they cut him now, and he moves at top speed, he might be able to run to the locker room and clean his stuff out by the end of 2021.

No Meyers, even on the PS?
My guess is that Meyers does not have the physical tools to make the 2nd year jump. It may be difficult for him standout on the practice field against the Patriot’s DB’s that know his tendencies.
If he is cut, then he likely to be picked up by another team and hence left off the PS.

There's no real info on the reasons behind the absences, right? It could be COVID precaution, pacing, injuries...is there any real info attached to any individual player other than Stidham?

Since the prospect of a 2020 championship seems very unlikely, I’d be ok going with « any receiver ». If that means Ross, O and Byrd while dumping Sanu, Meyers... so be it. I know BB always has the «earn it mentality », I care less about keeping vets this season than ever.

Then why dump Meyers? 2nd year

Imo, everything between RB and DB is suspect. 2 weeks left of practice. Hope for the best.

So it looks like my prediction of Justin Rohrwasser getting released could be on schedule from draft day.

I called Sanu getting cut during the off season prior to the FA/draft but backed off due to nobody relevant getting added to the roster. I would be surprised if he were cut at this point.

So it looks like my prediction of Justin Rohrwasser getting released could be on schedule from draft day.

Reiss says it's possibly he’s dealing with an injury, which explains why he was on the sidelines on the exercise bike...

Last season I was very pro Myers however based on the reports only , he does not seem to be standing out so much.....maybe this week :rolleyes:

Reiss says it's possibly he’s dealing with an injury, which explains why he was on the sidelines on the exercise bike...
I'm aware of that. Don't know when he got injured but he's been struggling badly. Lazar said he was shanking kicks today.

I'm aware of that. Don't know when he got injured but he's been struggling badly. Lazar said he was shanking kicks today.

My point was that I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Rohrwasser. The Pats scouting dept. saw him kick maybe 1000 times before the draft.

Certainly hasn’t done anything to stand out. Think his one claim to fame so far was called back vs kc last year.

Still hoping the guy does well and we see the strengths we’ve heard about when they drafted him. Primarily being what he does when he has the ball in his hands after the catch.
I continue to hear teams that have drafted WR's last and this year already looking to make an impact on their teams.

Harry on the other hand, has looked like a practice squad player.

I called Sanu getting cut during the off season prior to the FA/draft but backed off due to nobody relevant getting added to the roster. I would be surprised if he were cut at this point.

The Rohrwasser pick shocked me (and pretty much everyone else) - I thought they'd take Blankenship, if he was on the board. I didn't even know who this guy was.

Then he comes in and we're immediately lit up with some 3% nonsense and I'm just shaking my head. I read about a few quality, top-tier kickers out there in 2020 and none of them were named Justin Rohrwasser.

Shrug, hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back