PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lcmdavebrown might be it Idk? Its protected to who can see/interact

I think that one was set up by the BSBSJ guy who started the entire cluster**** to mock Dave.

Thanks a lot for the summary. Any idea why they keep referring to him as rat ?

Even a bozo like Volin has built up rapport with either league office folks or a bunch of agents as he is the one who almost always has contract breakdowns first. Coming from the draft world you should know as well as anyone how important "access" is and how hard you have to work to get there.

Ben Volin has tweeted/reported a couple of times he has access to the NFLPA contract database.

Some interesting points from Lazar's post:

Devin Asiasi: as many expected, Asiasi is showing out well amongst the rookies. His ability to gain ground out of his route breaks and snappiness at the top of the route is impressive. Plus, he’s been serviceable as a blocker on the line of scrimmage. There’s plenty of excitement brewing with the Pats rookie.

Dalton Keene: Keene looks lost out there, and he’s dropping some passes when the ball does come his way, but the effort and physicality is there

Derek Rivers: the story of Derek Rivers’s career remains the same. In the first two days of practice, he beat the Pats tackles with his speed-dip moves and got into the backfield. Then, he got hurt. Water is wet.

Kyle Dugger: an extremely impressive start for Dugger, who is dealing with a minor injury, but the rookie is playing very well. The Patriots haven’t had a top pick show this well early in camp in a while.

He also seems to be impressed with the O-line so far, not sure if that's an indication of our d-line or how good we are on there..proabaly a combination of both.

Derek Rivers: the story of Derek Rivers’s career remains the same. In the first two days of practice, he beat the Pats tackles with his speed-dip moves and got into the backfield. Then, he got hurt. Water is wet.
The most frustrating thing about him is that he has shown he can actually play. He's shown some really good pass rush moves in pre season games but just keeps getting injured.

I think that one was set up by the BSBSJ guy who started the entire cluster**** to mock Dave.

Thanks a lot for the summary. Any idea why they keep referring to him as rat ?
Yea there's weird stuff going on around that. Like a few different groups of people beefing with each other.

I honestly stay away from that section on pats Twitter. I haven't followed Dave or guys that are in that group. No idea why they're F'n with him.

I'd see Dave's stuff if someone I follow liked his post or RT his tweets. Or if I'm looking for a subject in the search bar, he might be there in a discussion that comes up.

I haven't got the full story though. Just a few people saying he had a meltdown over Covid/Trump etc ...

Social media really gets to some people. I've heard people say it depresses them. Just think for some people it weighs on them when they're not on SM. Plus there really is a lot going on in the world it's a **** show.

Another kid has been spiraling out of control for weeks. He has mental health issues and it comes out during certain subjects. He's flying 100mph and then takes a nosedive into the ground.

Think we're seeing the effects of it more and more as it becomes ingrained in our lives.

I'm sure he'll be back in some fashion.

From what I've been reading and looking at our personnel, it looks like the strengths of our team are going to be :

-Secondary( cb specifically)
- O-line
-Running Back

The biggest question marks are:

-Lb's
-Wr's
-D-line

I would expect us to improve as the year continues with superior coaching and a lot of the younger and newer players gaining experience.

A woke snowflake who likes meaningless buzzwords!!
You mean mean meaningless buzzwords such as "woke" and "snowflake"? You f ###### dope. There's a couple of buzz words for you...

The difference was Easley being a 1st round pick and the injury caused Gronk to slip into the 2nd round. Easley shouldn't have been a first round pick and I don't care the Seahawks were interested in taking him.

Actually the difference is our viewpoint on the process. My measure of success includes that they won Super Bowls in subsequent seasons despite that selection which is my criteria of both success and enjoyment. Perhaps it's not the same for you.

I don't really care that Easley was a 1st rounder (and a bust) and Malcolm Butler wasn't drafted. I care quite a bit that Butler stepped in front of that pass from Wilson though.

In a couple years maybe that changes if the hypothesis that Brady made Belichick is tested and proves more a rule? My ultimate judgements however will be from the results on the field of the entire team vice one off draft commentary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back