PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade up to 1 - what would it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contribute money every year to this forum and some over heated moderator with an agenda is banning me from the game day thread?

If you think you have a legit gripe, private message Ian.

I have never been a fan of mods, but I know they are needed from time to time.

They remind me of the kids that brought the teacher a gift when you were in elementary school.

What with all those #1 overall QBs who have set the league on fire they'd be stupid to um, yeah idk.

One mediocre season after the greatest run since the NFL was like 3 1/2 teams and everyone is losing their mind.

It would take Belichick taking the Jaguars owners and GM’s family hostage at gun point

Ut would take this and the Ricky Williams deal maybe more. You’re not even getting to number two this year

I would only trade up using next year’s 1st round pick If we can land Zach Wilson at 4 or 5 overall. There’s not enough draft capital to land the #1 overall pick.

No guns. I see Ernie as more of a Tom Hagen type with the Jacksonville owner finding a horse head in his bed.
He wakes up and a dead prostitute is in the room.

Ernie: “You’re very lucky, Jonathan Kraft operates this place, he was called before anyone. Now if this had happened somewhere else we couldn’t have helped. We’ll put a call to your office and explain that you’ll be there at noon. Tell them you decided to spend the Night at Robert Kraft’s House in the Orchids of Asia as his guest. This girl had no family and no place of employment. It will be as if she never existed. Then all that will be left is our friendship.

Do you guys think that the Bengals would entertain this trade:

#15 and Joe Thuney for the #5 pick?

No lol. So the Bengals are going to miss out on a generational defensive prospect for the 15 pick and Thuney? Maybe if you give them our 15th, 2022 first and Thuney

No lol. So the Bengals are going to miss out on a generational defensive prospect for the 15 pick and Thuney? Maybe if you give them our 15th, 2022 first and Thuney

Yeah, probably not...but they do need OL-men in the worst way...and I think Sewell goes before the #5 pick.

Yeah, probably not...but they do need OL-men in the worst way...and I think Sewell goes before the #5 pick.
Maybe but Thuney isn’t signed. I honestly can’t see a Thuney being worth 10 spots in round 1

We are going to need to restock at multiple positions. We need depth at TE, LB, OL, and WR. We absolutely do not have the assets to be trading up.

Honestly I about half expect Bill to trade down, sacrifice a good-but-not-great draft position to someone else desperate to grab their binky, in order to load up with future picks and lower round selections to allow us to get younger and cheaper at a number of key positions.

Thuney is a free agent, the only way to retain his rights would be to franchise him again, which would mean a 20% raise over last years $14 million salary, and no way to sign him to a new deal, so if the Pats were dumb enough to re-tag him, they still couldn't trade him.

Much like my youth, hopes and dreams, Thuney is gone

Lawrence sounds like one of those "generational" QB's that come along once or twice a decade. NOBODY is trading out of that #1 spot.

And so was John Elway, and yet....

Has Lawrence declared for the draft ? If he doesn't like Jacksonville, he can stay in school. Peyton Manning did that in 1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes