PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade up now or wait

Q
yup, Stidham needs competition.
You’re too harsh on Mond. He has a little bit of a feel for how to move in the pocket. Not just run and take off. Even though he’s a good athlete. Put me in the Waddle and Mond camp. We’ll see in 3 years. I’m also fine with Slater or Darrisaw at Tackle and Mond. Would love Parsons. His sub 4.4 should put him in Top 10

Imo it's 3 first round picks for a chance at drafting the fourth QB prospect in the draft. If it was for the first pick in the draft then I'd agree.
what matters is whether he is good enough to be our starting QB in 2022, not whether he is better than Lawrence. What I said that the #4 is very, very likely to be better than anything that we can trade for or draft in 2022.

In any case, the compensation that some have proposed doesn't include 3 firsts. Rather the compensation would be our first three picks this year and our 2022 first.

Miami is just raking draft picks, they should thank the football Gods for Tunsil and the Houston front office stupidity. It’s almost starting to look like the Vikings/Cowboys Hershel Walker trade. Just sucks cuz its a division rival benefiting.
I bet MIA paid a bunch of So FL masseuses to move to HOU too. Bastards.

15 - waddle
46 - monds
96 - shelvin
120 - rice
122 - gaintwell
I would also move up a bit from 46 and 96. Gonna be tough for more than 5-6 rookies to make squad

I would also move up a bit from 46 and 96. Gonna be tough for more than 5-6 rookies to make squad

don’t we have 10 or so guys with a year left in their contract?

ir is a great way to red shirt a guy,

Miami is just raking draft picks, they should thank the football Gods for Tunsil and the Houston front office stupidity. It’s almost starting to look like the Vikings/Cowboys Hershel Walker trade. Just sucks cuz its a division rival benefiting.
Exactly what I was thinking; it reminds me of the Hershel Walker trade. SF has to be insane to make this trade; they will be paying for it for years to come. This is not good news for the Patriots.

You are the one who believes that 3 patriots first rounders are worth more than a franchise quarterback. I guess that you are a new fan, or think a lot more of our 1st rounders than I do,
What the heck are you talking about? I never said anything like that. I said I support BB to get his guy at his cost. Nice try.

So there are like 4 people disagreeing and I have laid out facts to show why they are wrong. Yet people like you have no facts and because you have no facts you just sling insults. You are proving that you have no argument by making none and attacking the person rather than the argument. It’s pretty easy to see through.
Hahaha. It is actually 5 and you still won't shut up. Go out in a blaze of glory, baby. So stupid.

Hahaha. It is actually 5 and you still won't shut up. Go out in a blaze of glory, baby. So stupid.
Any more useless comments? What we have learned is you contribute nothing football related and you are immature.

Any more useless comments? What we have learned is you contribute nothing football related and you are immature.
I just follow your useless, idiotic lead. Keep trollling.

Here are your qb 4’s over the last 10 years

2011 Christian Ponder
2012 Brandon Weeden
2013 Matt Barkley
2014 Derek Carr
2015 Sean Mannion
2016 Christian Hackenberg
2017 Deshone Kizer
2018 Josh Rosen
2019 Drew Lock
2020 Jalen Hurts

Which one ya’ll want to give up three 1st rounders for?
One of those was a top 10 pick, Rosen 10th. 7 of the 9 were not even first rounders.

Last edited:
One of those was a top 10 pick, Rosen 10th. 7 of the 9 were not even first rounders.

and many make the case that QB4 this year is not first round talent, that QBs are grossly over valued - so the post is relevant

and many make the case that QB4 this year is not first round talent, that QBs are grossly over valued - so the post is relevant
And a large consensus says 4 belong at least in the top half of the first round. It’s silly to compare a year where the 4th qb goes in the top 5 picks to a year he goes in the 4th round.

They could be great in two years if this rebuild works out. Very interesting follow the next few years.

Those useless wins against AZ and NYJ loom large
Vegas as well. Chucky stopped running the ball and practically gave us the win. Still don't get it. Jacobs was gashing us early on. Yea pretty easily could be top 10 with 3-4 more loses that went wins but that's the NFL.

And a large consensus says 4 belong at least in the top half of the first round. It’s silly to compare a year where the 4th qb goes in the top 5 picks to a year he goes in the 4th round.

it's 100% relevant

I think at this point you have to figure quarter backs to go 1-4 whether Atlanta trades the pick or they select either Fields or Lance there. I also think if Carolina doesn't trade up to number 4 and if the four top qbs are gone, they will take Jones at 8.
Just touched on this in my thread but I agree. Think it's Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields/Mac. Maybe even Cinci auctions off #5? Mentioned this too throughout the year but reason being is the SR class isn't it. Just a big drop off from the top 5-6 and the rest. After Jones you're looking at all projects. None are close to being ready to take over year. Year two Mills, maybe 1-2 others but it's big drop off.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back