PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade JAG and a couple late picks for Clowney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not. They need a CB badly.
I could see packaging Butler and JAG for Clowney. They have had JJ Watts forever and have won nothing with no QB. Everybody consensus agrees you need the QB to win in this league. It might be hard for them to give up Clowney, but I still feel it's hard for us to give up JAG if the brass feels he is a franchise QB.

To me the logic is there that if JAG is that kind of QB, getting a player like Clowney in return is reasonable. I think Clowney is like Willie, and could you imagine if they got him and Hightower also came back?

It is not going to happen. It is not based on anything real. However it is definitely the level of player that I want for JAG at this point. Or a very high first round pick or I say keep him to "protect" next season's window.

Let's trade JG for Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana & Adam Seward. This is getting outta control.

Last edited:
Let'a trade JG for Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana & Adam Seward. This is getting outta control.

That's not even close to fair compensation for JG, up your offer!

I dont know about any of you, but I'm still waiting on JJ Watts to complete the transaction when the Pats traded Ryan Mallett.

Any days now....:p

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade Garropollo to the Texans, they already have a great defense that gave the Pat's fits in the playoffs, now give them a QB, especially one that is already well schooled in BOB offense would not be smart.

Let'a trade JG for Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana & Adam Seward. This is getting outta control.
That's a little much maybe just LT and Joe.

Let's trade JG for Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana & Adam Seward. This is getting outta control.
very reasonable trade for Clowney if Jimmy is as good as everyone thinks. One great defensive player will not win them a championship with no QB. (Watts?)

I could see packaging Butler and JAG for Clowney. They have had JJ Watts forever and have won nothing with no QB. Everybody consensus agrees you need the QB to win in this league. It might be hard for them to give up Clowney, but I still feel it's hard for us to give up JAG if the brass feels he is a franchise QB.

To me the logic is there that if JAG is that kind of QB, getting a player like Clowney in return is reasonable. I think Clowney is like Willie, and could you imagine if they got him and Hightower also came back?

It is not going to happen. It is not based on anything real. However it is definitely the level of player that I want for JAG at this point. Or a very high first round pick or I say keep him to "protect" next season's window.
I tend to agree. I also think BOB views Watts health in the same prism as BB does with Gronk.

All you can do is plan contingencies and cross your fingers.

Trading Clowney adds risk.

However scoring another TD a game makes the risk easier to swallow

I tend to agree. I also think BOB views Watts health in the same prism as BB does with Gronk.

All you can do is plan contingencies and cross your fingers.

Trading Clowney adds risk.

However scoring another TD a game makes the risk easier to swallow
The real issue is no one can see into the future. IF, huge if... but if JAG is the next GREAT QB.. it would have been a totally great trade for them to send Clowney to acquire him.

With the Watts thing, he has been mentioned as MVP of the league certain years... And his team has done nothing. You need a QB. I am leaning somewhat to great consternation that JAG may be that good. And if that is true, it feels sort of painful to trade him now with Tom being 40. And now that trade does feel like we need something huge back in return.

The real issue is no one can see into the future. IF, huge if... but if JAG is the next GREAT QB.. it would have been a totally great trade for them to send Clowney to acquire him.

With the Watts thing, he has been mentioned as MVP of the league certain years... And his team has done nothing. You need a QB. I am leaning somewhat to great consternation that JAG may be that good. And if that is true, it feels sort of painful to trade him now with Tom being 40. And now that trade does feel like we need something huge back in return.

I share your view.

I think Jimmy is good but have no clue how good.

The fact is if TB12 gets hurt and w/o Jimmy the teams SB hopes go with it .

Jimmy at least gives them a shot.

To trade Jimmy demands a steep return which helps BB reduce that risk somewhat. What that is I haven't a clue

I share your view.

I think Jimmy is good but have no clue how good.

The fact is if TB12 gets hurt and w/o Jimmy the teams SB hopes go with it .

Jimmy at least gives them a shot.

To trade Jimmy demands a steep return which helps BB reduce that risk somewhat. What that is I haven't a clue
>>To trade Jimmy demands a steep return

This is where I am at, mostly because I am starting to feel like JAG is going to be a great QB (as always with me, it is not based on much.. we've seen him play some, and he looked awesome.. and he is three years into this system and not a rookie)

Two things about this for me... next season is a shot at a repeat and 3 our of 4, and just having him available just in case next year that alone is worth it... and if for whatever reason it becomes more obvious he is going to be great.. we still have him.

And also, just like saying have Watts got them no titles, and you need a QB... wouldn't be better to have him that even the number 1 pick, if we are just going to get a defensive stud in the draft? (But lose possibly your heir apparent)

I have found myself hoping that Brady is able to play until like 45 lately (lol)

OT: It is insane to think that Brady is roughly going to equal or exceed Montana/Young's career combined in everything.
Already tied in SB rings.
Total Passing Yards Brady will have the same as BOTH Montana/Young in like 2 years.
Total TDs I believe he already has more than both combined or is close with less INTs.
In 2 years brady will have 17 seasons as a starter, and Montana/Young combine had 19 seasons as a starter.
Roughly Brady is BOTH of them... So when we talk about Brady's heir we are kind of talking about "Jeff Garcia" not Steve Young.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back