PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline is approaching. Will the Patriots make a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The trade deadline is just around the Corner (Nov. 1st). The Pats have been one of the few teams with the guts of making a move just before the date comes. Also, we have one of the hottest commodity in Garoppolo (not saying that we should or should not trade him here). I have no doubts that BB is scouting other teams, always looking to improve our squad.

So, do you see us making a move? Do you hope for a move? Who do you think we will target?

Let me go with the out-of-box option first:

Sam Acho, Chicago Bears.

The Pats and the Bears had joint practices, so BB had a good look at him already. He was a good LB for awhile in Arizona and in his first year with the Bears. He strikes me like a player who could be this year's Sheard or Ayers: The pass-rusher in a bad team who thrives here because we know how to use him. We could use another Rusher and LB, now that Freeny was IR'ed.

Now for my take on a ridiculous scenario:
*phone rings inside BB's office in the Patriots Place*
"Hello... Helloooo, is someone there?" Bill groans on the phone, having some trouble with his new phone.

"Hi Bill, this is Hue Jack..."

"Of course i know it's you, Jackson. What do you want? I'm trying to teach Solder how to throw. I'll use this trick against the ravens before they change the rules"

"Well listen, I want Jimmy to be out future, Bill. What do you want for him"

"We are on to Pittsburgh "

"Alright Bill, then this is my offer:
Garoppolo for Joe Thomas, a 2017 Second Round Pick. 2018 first round and second round picks"

Bill:...

So would you make this Trade? I'd love to have Thomas, i bet he would rework his salary to play for us (he has said that he wants to be in a winning team and rumours have it that Cleveland wants him to succeed somewhere, if the price is right). That would give us an amazing Tackle for 3 years helping Brady in his 40s AND we can groom a replacement for the future. I remind you that Vollmer is in his last year and I'm not sure he'll be back

No way Jimmy is going anywhere with Bisquick on IR, doubt they want to use their IR spot to bring him back, not to mention it can't happen til late in the year far past the deadline.

No way Jimmy is going anywhere with Bisquick on IR, doubt they want to use their IR spot to bring him back, not to mention it can't happen til late in the year far past the deadline.
I mean, it's all about the offer in the end. I would be tempted to accept the offer i came up with.... If BB is sure that Garoppolo's future is somewhere else, he won't second guess trading him for something that would be beneficial for the team, even if we had to sign a new QB. The opposite could be true, as well, of course

Cleveland aren't trading for Jimmy this season and in the process giving up their league best LT. Totally counter productive.

I think any trade that happens is one none of us could even think up. Probably another reclamation project of a former second/third round pick who either isn't getting many snaps or the team's record means their season is mostly over already.

I could see another DT come our way in a trade - perhaps in exchanges for a 4th or 5th rounder.

I mean, it's all about the offer in the end. I would be tempted to accept the offer i came up with.... If BB is sure that Garoppolo's future is somewhere else, he won't second guess trading him for something that would be beneficial for the team, even if we had to sign a new QB. The opposite could be true, as well, of course
Well who's ready to play QB? I don't think the offers will change much whether it's now or the end of the season. We're probably look for picks.

Brady gets hurt so infrequently that we could sign TJ Yates for the unlikely event of an injury. If we really wanted Thomas I think we could do it without losing Jimmy, though.

Regardless, I think we made our pre deadline deals early this year with Rowe and Mingo so while it's possible, I'm not expecting anything.

If the Patriots due trade Jimmy it's going to be for a high draft pick(s), so trading him at the deadline really isn't necessary. Plus of course, if something God forbid, should happen with Brady, Jimmy could still lead this team into the playoffs, and from there who knows.

The Pat's need to restock some mid round picks. If they could trade away some of the fringe players who would be on the verge of getting cut when Lewis and Jackson come back, for say a fifth round pick, that would be gravy.

Browns asked for a 1st 2nd and 3rd last year for Thomas. I doubt that's changed.

Glenn Dorsey from the 49ers might make some sense at DT.

We have at least two guys coming off the Pup list soon trading for another guy just ups the number you need to subtract from the roster. I'm thinking we might not make a trade this year.

Do we really want to waste anyone on a 1st round pick. You know GoToHell will just find a way to take it away?

The trade deadline is just around the Corner (Nov. 1st). The Pats have been one of the few teams with the guts of making a move just before the date comes. Also, we have one of the hottest commodity in Garoppolo (not saying that we should or should not trade him here). I have no doubts that BB is scouting other teams, always looking to improve our squad.

So, do you see us making a move? Do you hope for a move? Who do you think we will target?

Let me go with the out-of-box option first:

Sam Acho, Chicago Bears.

The Pats and the Bears had joint practices, so BB had a good look at him already. He was a good LB for awhile in Arizona and in his first year with the Bears. He strikes me like a player who could be this year's Sheard or Ayers: The pass-rusher in a bad team who thrives here because we know how to use him. We could use another Rusher and LB, now that Freeny was IR'ed.

Now for my take on a ridiculous scenario:
*phone rings inside BB's office in the Patriots Place*
"Hello... Helloooo, is someone there?" Bill groans on the phone, having some trouble with his new phone.

"Hi Bill, this is Hue Jack..."

"Of course i know it's you, Jackson. What do you want? I'm trying to teach Solder how to throw. I'll use this trick against the ravens before they change the rules"

"Well listen, I want Jimmy to be out future, Bill. What do you want for him"

"We are on to Pittsburgh "

"Alright Bill, then this is my offer:
Garoppolo for Joe Thomas, a 2017 Second Round Pick. 2018 first round and second round picks"

Bill:...

So would you make this Trade? I'd love to have Thomas, i bet he would rework his salary to play for us (he has said that he wants to be in a winning team and rumours have it that Cleveland wants him to succeed somewhere, if the price is right). That would give us an amazing Tackle for 3 years helping Brady in his 40s AND we can groom a replacement for the future. I remind you that Vollmer is in his last year and I'm not sure he'll be back
During THIS season I would not trade Jimmy, because if Brady went down I think we could be good enough to win this years Super Bowl with him. If Brady is totally healthy all year and is as good as ever I want the Pats to trade Jimmy this off season. That is what I think.

Every year I think we won't make a trade before the deadline, but Bill surprises me. I'm still thinking we probably won't do anything, but if we do, I'm thinking it will be either for a pass rusher, o-line depth or cb.

I think NE has already made their trade acquisitions this year in the form of Rowe and Mingo. Maybe they will surprise me, but I think they will stick with what they have this year.

Thomas would be great, but given how Cannon and Fleming played i dont think we need to spend assets on him. Dont think Bill will want to be another year without a 1st even if it is to trade it.

We could certainly use an Ayers type of player but i still have hope for Mingo, and he's been playing more and more snaps so who knows.
But if we can find another Hicks i think they go for it.

I'm also on the opinion that these trades have already been made on Mingo and Rowe.

But I would like to see BB bringing a RB from a team that is already toast. Plug and play position, there is a need for depth, and it prevents Blount from getting banged up in the playoffs.

I'm also on the opinion that these trades have already been made on Mingo and Rowe.

But I would like to see BB bringing a RB from a team that is already toast. Plug and play position, there is a need for depth, and it prevents Blount from getting banged up in the playoffs.

Along the line, I thought it was intetesting that the Packers traded for Knile Davis since it looks like Lacy will be out a while, but apparently didn't think any PS RBs were better, like Sankey.

I don't think we make a move. However, though Cannon and Fleming have been solid, I wouldn't mind upgrading the tackle position somehow. but maybe we don't need to because Vollmer will be back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes