PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade 34 for

teen beach 2 GIF

We have the capital we have the cap, he’s exactly what we need to ignite this offense.
And he’s a proven commodity.
I know Bill isn’t evaluating WRs but what WR at 34 do you like better than Aikuk?

If he agrees to an extension, f*** yeah, do it.

34 is a preposterous price for a player who is scheduled to make $14.1M this season and hits UFA after it when he'll be looking for franchise $.
That's the kind of deal you only make if it's for a player you believe is the difference between going to the playoffs and really having a true shot at a ring

This is a move that teams that genuinely have a shot at winning the next Super Bowl do.

It is not a move that makes sense for 13-loss teams.

At the very minimum, the 49ers have to agree to letting the Pats and Aiyuk work out a contract extension prior to the trade.

Otherwise a losing team traded away the #34 pick of the draft for a one-year rental. That's insane.

This is a move that teams that genuinely have a shot at winning the next Super Bowl do.

It is not a move that makes sense for 13-loss teams.

At the very minimum, the 49ers have to agree to letting the Pats and Aiyuk work out a contract extension prior to the trade.

Otherwise a losing team traded away the #34 pick of the draft for a one-year rental. That's insane.

Do you. JMT have me blocked? Cause as a mod you should know I bear watching

We should essentially be looking at this pick as an 'old school first rounder'. During the glory days we were consistently picking between 28-32, so 34 really seems like a first rounder.

As noted by someone previously, we are in rebuilding mode and need talent on rookie contracts.

We're not the team that is a piece or two away trying to trade for Corey Dillon or Brandin Cooks.

Last edited:
Definitely wouldn't mind it but I'd rather trade up for Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell.

We have the capital we have the cap, he’s exactly what we need to ignite this offense.
And he’s a proven commodity.
I know Bill isn’t evaluating WRs but what WR at 34 do you like better than Aikuk?
Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Legette, Ladd McConkey, and all at a fraction of the cost.

However I would much rather use that pick on an offensive tackle to protect Maye’s blindside for the next 10 years than to overpay in both draft pick and salary for a #2 receiver.

As others have noted this is what you do when you are a contender, not at the beginning of an offensive rebuild. This is a draft loaded with good young receiving prospects and that’s where you go for receiver right now. Then you see how the position shakes out over next season and then address the need there accordingly.

AJ brown went for a first round pick. 34 is not enough for a top 10 receiver who is 26 years old. We could only dream of a receiver picked at 34 being as good as Aiyuk.

AJ brown went for a first round pick. 34 is not enough for a top 10 receiver who is 26 years old. We could only dream of a receiver picked at 34 being as good as Aiyuk.

AJ Brown is a much better player than Aiyuk. You are welcome to dream about Aiyuk, I’m not interested.

Aiyuk isn’t even the best receiver on his team, let alone a top 10 WR in the league.

Aiyuk isn’t even the best receiver on his team, let alone a top 10 WR in the league.
This is just not correct. Aiyuk was second team all pro last year and has far, far surpassed Samuel both statistically and in skill set. Niners fans almost universally want to trade Samuel and keep aiyuk. Aiyuk was top 7 in receiving yards in the league last year. His production last year is almost equivalent to Samuel over the past TWO years combined.

In the two years before the trade, AJ brown averaged 950 yards. In the past two years, Aiyuk has averaged 1150 yards.

I believe you are significantly underrating Aiyuks value around the league.

Aiyuk is vastly overrated by some.

Yes, he's a good player but people are acting like he's a top 10 WR in the league, which he patently is not. You can't give up pick 34 for what is either going to be a one year rental or is going to come with a huge contract. Not with so many holes to fill on the roster and it being such a WR heavy draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back