PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy believes there have been five better QBs than Tom Brady since 1978

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Dungy is the asswipe that convinced the Fords to hire the worst coach in football.

“The bitterest pill is mine to take...” - Paul Weller sang after he stole it from Tony Dungy.

Well, there’s this guy.

Bart_Simpson_200px.png

"Born" circa 1989.

When will Dungy retire? He's gotta be pretty old by now.

You know Dungy might be right that Tom may not be one of the top 5 individual QBs to ever have existed....

You'd think Dungy would have know about the whole team game concept. But then again...

Everybody hates the Pats for embracing and leveraging their knowledge of the essence of football as a team game.

What you get for that is rings/trophies.

What you get for mediocrity as a team is the opportunity, given the right talent, to show off one individual's prowess.

I think if you remove team outcomes from the QB position, you're picking Jeff George or Ryan Leaf at every opportunity. There's no such thing as an "individual" quarterback. Individual records are interesting sidenotes.

You play to win the game. And the Super Bowl. If the Pats' best opportunity to do that were to pass 10 times all game, I don't think you'd ever see TFB complain. And if you need 1 man to lead you back from 28-3?

Well clearly it's James White. KIDDING. You know the real punch-line.

Think about every report about the Pats when they were down by that margin. No quit. No question of whether they were going to come back. It was a matter of how. In practice that starts with the coaching staff. On the field it radiates from TFB.

But hey, Michael Vick could throw the ball a mile.

When will Dungy retire? He's gotta be pretty old by now.

"Why does everybody want me to retire? I'm still having fun!" :D

Don't sweat Dungy. They're paying him for his opinion, emotional grudges and all.

Someone just needs to grab that guy by those ears and do an operation dumbodrop.

Dungy is also an evil homophobe, supported dog rapist/killer Michael Vick, but stood against Micheal Sam. Drove his gay son to drug addiction and suicide with his hate. I could not care less what this stupid clown thinks about anything. He is a disgusting monster without an ounce of integrity and a fool.

Dungy is also an evil homophobe, supported dog rapist/killer Michael Vick, but stood against Micheal Sam. Drove his gay son to drug addiction and suicide with his hate. I could not care less what this stupid clown thinks about anything. He is a disgusting monster without an ounce of integrity and a fool.
Tony’s Dungeon?

There is that. I won't try to continue your points for fear they'd be called "political" and banished... and I don't like to dwell on personalities and invent the backstory based on media accounts... but I did not have any idea his son was gay (probably b/c I do not like the "gossip" aspect.)

I had marked, however, the coincidence between Dungy's brand of moral rectitude and the ultimate (perceived) failure, to the extent that the parent is a factor, the suicide of a child.

I will soften this by saying, it's a bit monstrous to lay a son's suicide on his father's doorstep. But the confluence of these two factors struck me as suggesting a link. The suggested link might or might not exist, of course. For all I know his son was depressed from birth and suffered from an untreatable chemical imbalance. There, I've done my exculpatory due diligence on Dungy's behalf.

We cannot say we know the reasons for his son's death, to be careful.

But the "gossip" fact above certainly provides a mechanism for the perceived link between Dungy's brand of moral rectitude and the event in question.

These are very serious questions, of course, and require painstaking benefit of the doubt.

What's more easily established is that Dungy's a sanctimonious douchebag. From this particular soundbite alone, QED.

This was discussed to death when he first made the comments.

Tony Dungy is "salty."

For seven seasons, Dungy coached a team with a QB who would have been regarded as the best of his generation, had he not played at the same time as TB12.

Still, while Dungy's teams went 85--27 with Manning during those years, he could only close the deal once. Dungy and Manning were stopped in the Playoffs two out of three times that they had to play against Belichick, Brady and the Patriots, getting past them only once and, on that occasion, being handed the gift of playing probably the worst team to make the SB in many years.

Even with his Gold Jacket and popular media gig with Rodney, he knows, really knows, that he and Manning will always be a footnote to Belichick and Brady. That probably really bothers him.

Clearly, you didn't read the rest or get the intended sarcasm...thanks for playing :D

You could base it on wins, playoffs,, volume stats, ... TB is either #1 or #2

And anyone who thinks he's #2 has some strong bias.

You know Dungy might be right that Tom may not be one of the top 5 individual QBs to ever have existed.

But, I would stipulate that football is a team game and that as a team player Tom is the greatest QB to ever have played the game. While some of these other QBs might have had great offensive performances, Brady has put defenses in good position to execute the team strategy as laid out by the coaching staff.

Not to mention, he's done more with less offensive talent. He's elevated all the players around him to be better (by recognition and offensive line protection assignments/call outs, ability to process the game, ...)

You'd think Dungy would have know about the whole team game concept. But then again...

What is a great individual QB anyway? Is that throwing through a tire?

I came oh so close to disliking this post. I'll let it slide this time, Froob. :mad:

:p:D

Jeremy Jacobs is a Hall of Famer too. No, seriously, google it. I'm not joking. The fact that he is a Hall of Famer is meaningless. The guy is a joke as a human being and a mediocre coach who benefited from having teams that were stacked at the skill positions on offense.

What is a great individual QB anyway? Is that throwing through a tire?

It’s a guy who is really good at arcade-style football games where you throw the ball through various holes.

I watch football like Dungy. I think he is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back