PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, we'll probably never know why Gordon was released

Why isn't particularly important. We know that they wanted a clean break and that is enough.

Edit:. It's funny that people disagree with this. That the reason is unimportant to the prior discussion is indisputable. So I have to wonder, did you think I meant we should have no curiosity about the cause? Or did you simply not follow along? ;)

Last edited:
Maybe the reason for not activating Harry year is that BB isn't sure whether he will be active for this week's game. If not, as he has done before, BB can sign someone for the game if he needs to do so.

Perhaps BB isn't interested in having 6 WR's active:
Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers, Harry and Gunner.

I would think that the norm will be for someone to be inactive.

Would you all choose Meyers or Harry to be active this week.

Of course, if someone is dinged a bit during practice this week, Harry can be activated at the last minute.

Maybe the reason for not activating Harry year is that BB isn't sure whether he will be active for this week's game. If not, as he has done before, BB can sign someone for the game if he needs to do so.

Perhaps BB isn't interested in having 6 WR's active:
Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers, Harry and Gunner.

I would think that the norm will be for someone to be inactive.

Would you all choose Meyers or Harry to be active this week.

Of course, if someone is dinged a bit during practice this week, Harry can be activated at the last minute.
What would his active/inactive status have to do with bringing him back from IR? What am I overlooking?

What would his active/inactive status have to do with bringing him back from IR? What am I overlooking?
If Harry isn't activated, BB can use the roster spot for someone else if needed.

My point is that if Harry is going to be inactive anyway, Belichick should keep the roster spot open until next week.
====

Fo example, if someone is dinged a bit in practice, we could activate a Practice Squad player to play some special teams for a week, or to be an emergency position player.

If Harry isn't activated, BB can use the roster spot for someone else if needed.

My point is that if Harry is going to be inactive anyway, Belichick should keep the roster spot open until next week.
I suppose that I’m confused since I was under the impression that he had to be activated by this weekend (Sat. 4pm) or he reverts back to IR.

Do they have until Monday, instead?

after the weekend games; I presume that means Tues at 4PM

I suppose that I’m confused since I was under the impression that he had to be activated by this weekend (Sat. 4pm) or he reverts back to IR.

Do they have until Monday, instead?

after the weekend games; I presume that means Tues at 4PM
Oh, then he’s unlikely to make his return before the bye then. I don’t even know why we’re discussing it. I’ve been wondering how they’d work Harry in with Sanu on a short week, but that’s probably not going to happen.

Harry will not be activated if he is running the wrong routes in practice.

he has to show bb that he has a clue before bb puts him on the field.

====

Fo example, if someone is dinged a bit in practice, we could activate a Practice Squad player to play some special teams for a week, or to be an emergency position player.

That's classic BB too. He gets a semi extra roster spot flexibility and will use it to the very last second. For Example Watson is injured tomorrow, BB can sign Tomlinson to use for Sunday's game without having to cut anyone. On Monday he than cuts Tomlinson and activates Harry.

So why not wait on Harry until Saturday/last minute. Harry still can run his practice plays/routes and be ready. Only make the decision until it must be made.

Whats the rush ? Will they get an extra gold star if they do it earlier than necessary (Saturday 4pm) ?

No but they will remove uncertainty about Harry’s availability for the Ravens so they can gameplan against us appropriately.

oh wait.....

Maybe, we'll probably never know why Gordon was released, but if it is true that it was because he was "tardy" then his release before finding out if Harry was back and able was f.uu.c.king stupid imo.

Harry has been practicing for a full week before Gordon got put on IR. Clearly the team had enough time to evaluate him.

And we know why the team released Gordon. Because he stopped being a major contributor and was easily replaceable once Sanu was signed and Harry off IR.

I think anyone assuming that there was some specific event in the last 2-3 weeks that caused this will be disappointed.

Thought Tomlinson threw some pretty good Blocks last game saw him leading Sony through the holes many times. Guess he'll be on speed dial if somebody doesn't pick him up.

No but they will remove uncertainty about Harry’s availability for the Ravens so they can gameplan against us appropriately.

oh wait.....

N'Keal Harry is not going to have more than about a nanosecond of impact upon game preparation right now. There's nothing to go on.

For some of you, maybe.

You need to follow along, Captain! Why had nothing to do with the point the other member was making. It had nothing to do with general curiosity. :)

You need to follow along, Captain! Why had nothing to do with the point the other member was making. It had nothing to do with general curiosity. :)
I want to know why, as in the Real why...others might not want to know, and that is certainly their right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes