PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don’t understand why a lot of media are saying Brady doesn’t look sharp or unbelievable accurate.

Do I think Brady has regressed? No, I think this season has been hard for him for a few reasons.

1. Not having Jules for the first 4 games hurt us a lot more than I thought it would.
2. No Dola - again he was another Jules, Brady knew where he would be as soon as he snapped it..
3. Loosing Cooks - I know it made sense but again he was another guy who he could throw to and trust.

4. He missed OTAs - think this may of taken him a little bit longer to adjust but I’m not sure how much of the impact this would of made.

I think Brady may be struggling with his mechanics hence the throws into the flats sometimes don’t look like they should, but I don’t have enough knowledge of how they should be only from reports I’ve seen online.

Now why do people think Brady is supposedly past it?

1. Mahomes - has put up ridiculous number this season.

2. Drew Brees - again like Mahomes he has done the same.

My question is when has Brady ever put up those sort of numbers excluding 07 and I think 11”

Patriots and Tom don’t care about stats or anything the only thing that matters is Wins and Superbowls!

If this means running the ball for x amount of yards to win then that’s what they do.

Whereas if you compare that to some of the teams this year they are just throwing and throwing the ball and not winning... the best example of this is the Saints when they beat the chiefs.

The chiefs could of ran the ball towards the end and won the game.. but no they just kept throwing the ball.. the steelers are the same in my opinion they will throw the ball for the sake of throwing it.

Not that I can remember have I ever seen us throwing the ball just for the sake of throwing it.

Anyway feel my little rant about the amount of bollocks that our QB gets has made me feel better.

I don’t understand why a lot of media are saying Brady doesn’t look sharp or unbelievable accurate.

Do I think Brady has regressed? No, I think this season has been hard for him for a few reasons.

1. Not having Jules for the first 4 games hurt us a lot more than I thought it would.
2. No Dola - again he was another Jules, Brady knew where he would be as soon as he snapped it..
3. Loosing Cooks - I know it made sense but again he was another guy who he could throw to and trust.

4. He missed OTAs - think this may of taken him a little bit longer to adjust but I’m not sure how much of the impact this would of made.

I think Brady may be struggling with his mechanics hence the throws into the flats sometimes don’t look like they should, but I don’t have enough knowledge of how they should be only from reports I’ve seen online.

Now why do people think Brady is supposedly past it?

1. Mahomes - has put up ridiculous number this season.

2. Drew Brees - again like Mahomes he has done the same.

My question is when has Brady ever put up those sort of numbers excluding 07 and I think 11”

Patriots and Tom don’t care about stats or anything the only thing that matters is Wins and Superbowls!

If this means running the ball for x amount of yards to win then that’s what they do.

Whereas if you compare that to some of the teams this year they are just throwing and throwing the ball and not winning... the best example of this is the Saints when they beat the chiefs.

The chiefs could of ran the ball towards the end and won the game.. but no they just kept throwing the ball.. the steelers are the same in my opinion they will throw the ball for the sake of throwing it.

Not that I can remember have I ever seen us throwing the ball just for the sake of throwing it.

Anyway feel my little rant about the amount of bollocks that our QB gets has made me feel better.
Brady does something that almost no other QB does. Rather than take a sack, or risk a pick or risk a grounding call he will throw AT a receiver who is covered but throw it away. Rather than sail it he throws it short, wide or whatever to keep it away from the defender. He also won’t try to jam it into a tight spot because he has had tipped balls picked. I’m sure he also throws to avoid a dL hand on the ball.
If you don’t know what he is doing it looks like he just made a bad throw.

As for the thread, some may find this insightful...

Tom Brady talked penalties, losing an Ohio State bet, and a QB 'problem' | Boston.com

“Everything’s risk-reward, and I think maybe part of my problem as I’ve gotten older is I want to make so few mistakes, maybe there’s not as much aggressiveness as I would like because with aggressiveness comes a little more risk,” Brady said. “We have like a 95 percent chance of winning when we don’t turn the ball over, and I think that’s always in the back of my mind.

“Being a little less fearful with the ball, and a little more aggressive, I thought we did a better job of that yesterday, and hopefully we can keep that going.”

Brady does something that almost no other QB does. Rather than take a sack, or risk a pick or risk a grounding call he will throw AT a receiver who is covered but throw it away. Rather than sail it he throws it short, wide or whatever to keep it away from the defender. He also won’t try to jam it into a tight spot because he has had tipped balls picked. I’m sure he also throws to avoid a dL hand on the ball.
If you don’t know what he is doing it looks like he just made a bad throw.

That’s what I was thinking as well. The other thing he normally puts the ball where the receiver can’t vet hurt at times.

It wasn’t a dig at Brady I was just curious! Thanks for clarifying

Mr. Shirley. Clark Griswold's boss from Christmas Vacation. Cousin Eddie kidnapped him because Clark wanted to chew him a new one b/c instead of his X-Mas bonus he received a "Jelly of the Month Club" membership

You serious, Clark?

Also, in terms of both volume and efficiency Brady is pretty much sitting at his career averages.

At age 41.

If he's in "decline" now he was also in decline in 2009 and 2012-2014. But not 2010-2011 or 2015-2017.

I think the biggest problem has just been that it's been a revolving door at the skill positions. They haven't suffered season-ending losses (mostly), which is great, but just guys coming in and out from week to week makes it hard to get a rhythm going.

• Edelman out 4 weeks with suspension
  • Edelman still recovering from ACL injury
  • Gordon a WR brought in mid-season, and still getting comfortable in the offense
  • Gronk injured for half the season, to the point of missing games
  • The team's best two OL injured during the season, and missing games
  • Michel injured even before he played an NFL game
  • Michel injured after getting into game
  • Hill lost in week one
  • Burkhead forced to IR with injury
  • Hollister injured for much of the season

But Rodgers hasn't had enough weapons!

Last edited:
Also, in terms of both volume and efficiency Brady is pretty much sitting at his career averages.

At age 41.

If he's in "decline" now he was also in decline in 2009 and 2012-2014. But not 2010-2011 or 2015-2017.

I think the biggest problem has just been that it's been a revolving door at the skill positions. They haven't suffered season-ending losses (mostly), which is great, but just guys coming in and out from week to week makes it hard to get a rhythm going.

what do you use to define volume and efficiency?

Well just don't put the GOAT in Canton yet...oh never mind.:oops::D

It wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - I mean HOTTER than they are. Whew! It is warm in here, isn't it?
--Clark Griswold
fe8eb8b00bfec825362d14d85918a2ed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill