PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - I mean HOTTER than they are. Whew! It is warm in here, isn't it?
--Clark Griswold
fe8eb8b00bfec825362d14d85918a2ed.jpg

"I'm sure he'll fall but I don't think we'll get lucky enough for him to break his neck."

First thing he does is fall off the ladder.

what do you use to define volume and efficiency?

Just about all of the stats, basically.

Code:
 Year   Cmp% TD% Int% Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G Rate NY/A ANY/A Sk%
2018   65.2 4.7  1.7 7.5  7.7 11.6 275.5 96.3 6.99  7.14 3.8
Career 64.0 5.5  1.8 7.5  7.8 11.7 262.1 97.5 6.85  7.12 4.8

His TD% is down a little this year, but the team also has 13 rushing touchdowns already, which puts them on pace for a couple more than they had last year.

Hes on a pace to throw for 4400 yards and 28 TDs. Not bad for an old man.
And the TDs aren’t that relevant. Bring 7 in scoring means more than how many TDs were by pass vs by run.

I noticed his arm strength was just fine yesterday.

Maybe off just a tad on Gordon's great catch on the sideline, but the other throws were excellent. Still don't like when he just skies it, as he threw a bomb yesterday, fell short, instead of zinging it like he did on Gronk's TD.

He has had some bad mechanics throughout the season, likely the result of WRs in new roles, not being on the same page, making him second guess himself and throw hurriedly.

But the arm strength is still there when he needs it.

On throws to the left, it could be some stiffness somewhere, neck, hip, etc.

Compared to the last three years and especially last year, his MVP year, hes not at that level but its crazy to think he would play like last year every year. I'll take him at 80% of his best any year.

And the TDs aren’t that relevant. Bring 7 in scoring means more than how many TDs were by pass vs by run.
If they keep sucking ass in the RZ it is.

Compared to the last three years and especially last year, his MVP year, hes not at that level but its crazy to think he would play like last year every year. I'll take him at 80% of his best any year.

Given the tumult all around Brady, it is, perhaps, telling that the last time we saw stats like this was 2013, which was the last time we saw tumult like this.

Last edited:
If he wasn’t such a system quarterback and could take the field with no system, game plan, preparation of any type and no film or practice at all because those are all system related and he should be able to just perform.

Not sure what his problem is

The talent around him is significantly worse than most recent years. His best/favorite targets are slower/breaking down and much of the supporting cast is injured or marginal. It’s been White and not much else this year. He doesn’t have guys capable of quick separation this year.

His decision making in the red zone is questionable though. The play calls haven’t helped but Brady’s obsession with forcing the ball to Gronk is a problem.

If they are scoring it doesn’t matter whether they are running it in or throwing it in. Not at all.
Thats the issue. They are not.

Toms having a good year but they need more.

The talent around him is significantly worse than most recent years. His best/favorite targets are slower/breaking down and much of the supporting cast is injured or marginal. It’s been White and not much else this year. He doesn’t have guys capable of quick separation this year.

His decision making in the red zone is questionable though. The play calls haven’t helped but Brady’s obsession with forcing the ball to Gronk is a problem.
Where do you get this stuff from?
Brady has targeted gronk in the red zone 5 times all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back