PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady! Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know he is a mild mannered guy but his integrity is being questioned. All his accomplishments are being tainted and he smiles away saying he will respond. Where is the fire that we are seeing in others defending you like Bruschi. You are being trashed across the country and us fans are defending you because we love you. But you have to come out mad and go postal! The time is now. Damage is done. You need to save your reputation. Come out. Speak out. People are saying you don't belong in the HOF. WTF! I can't take this anymore. Honestly I am sick and tired of feeling this way every time we win anything. It's so heart wrenching. Brady - this is your biggest fight ever. Not against the Giants. Not against the Seahawks. Not even against the league. This fight is against your reputation and name that is being stepped and spit on. Please - FIGHT BACK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

I know he is a mild mannered guy but his integrity is being questioned. All his accomplishments are being tainted and he smiles away saying he will respond. Where is the fire that we are seeing in others defending you like Bruschi. You are being trashed across the country and us fans are defending you because we love you. But you have to come out mad and go postal! The time is now. Damage is done. You need to save your reputation. Come out. Speak out. People are saying you don't belong in the HOF. WTF! I can't take this anymore. Honestly I am sick and tired of feeling this way every time we win anything. It's so heart wrenching. Brady - this is your biggest fight ever. Not against the Giants. Not against the Seahawks. Not even against the league. This fight is against your reputation and name that is being stepped and spit on. Please - FIGHT BACK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

Not to be facetious, but I'd rather he come out smart and cunning than going postal. He definitely needs to fight, though.

His Agent/Lawyer has been defending him. If he plans on a lawsuit, he has to watch what he says so it would be best to not say much/anything. He could be waiting for the punishment before he unleashes a counter-strike.

Brady gets one shot where everybody will listen to his response (whether or not they buy it). He shouldn't waste or rush it.

Further, I'm guessing that the league is trying to plea bargain -- i.e., to find a level of punishment that Brady will accept without hitting back. I'll respect him whether or not the level he is willing to agree to is exactly zero.

Well his agent/lawyer is doing an awful job since no one is taking what he is saying seriously.
I saw the transcript from an insightful interview he did with PBS (sorry, no link). I think he's waiting to share important details refuting the report until after the punishment is announced. I have little doubt that Brady's camp will strike back strategically as this unfolds.

Smart and cunning is overrated. For one, people don't trust smart people, and they don't trust people that hide their emotions. It's human nature, dumb people are less threatening, they can't trick you. And hiding your emotions is deceit. There's something genuine about a person who gets pissed off and shows it. He does that in games anyway.

But most importantly, people are rarely as smart or cunning as they think so all that waiting for the perfect plan usually results in an imperfect plan that is executed by someone who appears to be attempting to deceive, or thinks they're clever.

If Brady came out day one, pissed off and told everyone it's ******** because he didn't do anything then he likely would have far more public support and that could have swayed the whole process since.

Brady gets one shot where everybody will listen to his response (whether or not they buy it). He shouldn't waste or rush it.

Further, I'm guessing that the league is trying to plea bargain -- i.e., to find a level of punishment that Brady will accept without hitting back. I'll respect him whether or not the level he is willing to agree to is exactly zero.
I agree. I think there is some conversation going on right now b/t/w Pats, NFL, NLPA and Yee.

No sense coming out fighting without a punishment, let his lawyer talk! When they finally punish him for an offense that is in the books for 25k, and they suspend him for half a year because of a frame job. Then he can rant and rave and file appeals and pull a Rambo.

The investigation and report took over 100 days to be completed, yet people think Brady should read that report and respond to everything in it a few short hours after receiving it?

There aren't enough face palms in the world....

Smart and cunning is overrated. For one, people don't trust smart people, and they don't trust people that hide their emotions. It's human nature, dumb people are less threatening, they can't trick you. And hiding your emotions is deceit. There's something genuine about a person who gets pissed off and shows it. He does that in games anyway.

But most importantly, people are rarely as smart or cunning as they think so all that waiting for the perfect plan usually results in an imperfect plan that is executed by someone who appears to be attempting to deceive, or thinks they're clever.

If Brady came out day one, pissed off and told everyone it's ******** because he didn't do anything then he likely would have far more public support and that could have swayed the whole process since.

Not sure if you have a marketing background but this is proven. People gravitate more to and believe dumb people than smart people. Look at Manning. He has this aw sucks demeanor Its worked for him.

Tom has the prom king thing going. Not good in this situation.

I think if he went a little postal that would so humility and perhaps might sway some folks to his side.

The problem is that will accomplish very little in making sure he plays 19 game next year. Now is all strategy and tactics.

The investigation and report took over 100 days to be completed, yet people think Brady should read that report and respond to everything in it a few short hours after receiving it?

He knows whats in it but would have been foolish to engage in any specifics with Gray without having been prepped by his team. SSU wasn't the right forum.

Only issue is right now is outside of falling on the sword and confessing to his "crimes" the uneducated masses will still yell cheater and us as fans are called homers for not drinking the BSPN Kool Aid and not accepting our team as the biggest cheaters in the history of everything, even if we blast holes in the reporting using things like facts.

Not sure if you have a marketing background but this is proven. People gravitate more to and believe dumb people than smart people. Look at Manning. He has this aw sucks demeanor Its worked for him.

Tom has the prom king thing going. Not good in this situation.

I think if he went a little postal that would so humility and perhaps might sway some folks to his side.

The problem is that will accomplish very little in making sure he plays 19 game next year. Now is all strategy and tactics.
No, I don't know about marketing, just my observation. I'm glad I got that right.... But being right makes me less likeable so..... d%#*!@t.

If I were Brady I would be more concerned about my character assassination then next years games.

One vote for dumb, I guess. Belichick must be an idiot because he hasn't said anything.

If I were Brady I would be more concerned about my character assassination then next years games.

I'm trying to put myself in Tom's shoes...What is the most important thing to him? Legacy? His name? Playing games and winning? Family? I think all of those are incredibly important but faced with what he has in front of him, there will be solutions and choices that are presented to him that will satisfy one of those things but maybe not the others. He has some soul searching to do for sure this weekend.

It doesn't matter how long it took for Wells to compile it, it's still only 243 pages and can be consumed in a day. He's had several days so he could certainly have read it. He could just say he read it, it's garbage, he's going to put together a thorough analysis of its flaws later.

The character mud slinging is disgusting and a guy who takes his image really seriously - he has to come out strong and upset. People do not care for being humble in this situation especially if you are not guilty. I can guarantee his awful press conference made people believe he was guilty because he wasn't emphatic. If he has done it - then just say it. If he hasn't done it - go ballistic. What does he have to lose? People like a fighter both on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down