PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

Thank you for everything you've done for the Patriots and for us fans. 6 rings wouldn't have happened without Tom Brady. Congrats. Canton awaits.

Thank you for all you done for our team, Too bad for the last chapter as a patriot but the first 90% of his career was as good as it gets.

Thought it was a weird move last year and even weirder this time around, hopefully it’s to get his family back and it’s worth it because he certainly still had enough to offer.

Wanted him to win another one if we weren’t gonna anytime soon (lol) but good luck to him. I’m sure he’ll find it just as difficult as last year but you can’t be a clown and keep unretiring so this will be it.

Thanks for everything TB12, you got me into football.

Thanks TB12 for everything.
Undisputed GOAT
Now everybody here can love you again lol

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

P.S.: Sorry Bret Hart

Can he coach special teams?

Losing Tom Brady was like Superman giving up his powers and becoming Clark Kent fulltime for the Patriots

Reactions: sb1
I’m bummed. Not gonna suddenly backtrack and say I think it’s the right idea after spending a month saying I want him to stay pad on a stacked team. But I can at least say that this was the way to retire. No “will he won’t he” no pomp. Just a blunt video message. I can respect that more than some big production or the fake retirement last year when he was just trying to be traded.

Simply the best and now The GOAT is on to... Fox Sports.

Thank you Tom for everything !

I am looking forward too see what he can bring to the booth next.

See you next year on Fox Tom!

I’m bummed. Not gonna suddenly backtrack and say I think it’s the right idea after spending a month saying I want him to stay pad on a stacked team.
I always said I'd find that entertaining, but found it hard to see the right situation for him. I think he has a huge football IQ (obviously!) and when he evaluated those situations none of the them provided what he needed at this point in his career to get where he wanted which IMO was a good shot at another Super Bowl.

I'm also going to say that the fact he didn't let things play out for a few more weeks at least till free agency was close is a clear sign he wasn't as motivated to play as many suggested he would be.

But I can at least say that this was the way to retire. No “will he won’t he” no pomp. Just a blunt video message. I can respect that more than some big production or the fake retirement last year when he was just trying to be traded.
It's clear he realized he couldn't go that way again.

I wonder if a part of his thinking of why this year his retirement thoughts feel so different compared to last year is he was in everyone who isn’t an idiots view the MVP. It was one of the 5 best seasons of his entire career, easily. And he so nearly beat the Rams to get to the NFFCG. How can you sleep at night knowing you were going out while still that good? But this year was not that. We all saw the flashes of Brady being the GOAT still. But other times it just didn’t look right. It was just…off. And so that’s how he knows he should walk. Because he can feel it slipping away.

Just trying to figure this out because it’s so unexpected to me. But that would make sense.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back